ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Welp... Tomorrow doesn't matter... Miami better not lose to the tar **** Friday

UNC walks it off. Hopefully Van Belle goes deep, because I wouldn’t use Federman or Veliz for more than an inning tomorrow.

Advertisement
The beauty of this format is you will not need more than your 4 starters. So if you NEEDED Van Belle to come back for an inning in the championship, you could conceivably use him. (Jeff Alkire, the GOAT)

Do you flip the starters now that you know Friday is the must win game?
The Mc's are listed as potential starters currently, so Gino has the option to do just that for the UNC game. If he wanted, he could run the following 4 over the next 4 days:

Van Belle (already planned)
McMahon (in the "must have" game)
Cecconi (BC is the opponent)
McKendry (title game starter)

We can’t mistake tomorrow for a scrimmage. Losing tomorrow would really hurt our chances to host. Friday is gonna be Tough, so we can’t force ourselves to win that to keep away from 0-2. Tomorrow’s game is also a must win for UVA. They were listed in the “last 4 in” this morning. They are playing for their season.

Advertisement
We can’t mistake tomorrow for a scrimmage. Losing tomorrow would really hurt our chances to host. Friday is gonna be Tough, so we can’t force ourselves to win that to keep away from 0-2. Tomorrow’s game is also a must win for UVA. They were listed in the “last 4 in” this morning. They are playing for their season.
Correct. I think we are still a host if we split the pool. Treat tomorrow like an elimination game.

The Mc's are listed as potential starters currently, so Gino has the option to do just that for the UNC game. If he wanted, he could run the following 4 over the next 4 days:

Van Belle (already planned)
McMahon (in the "must have" game)
Cecconi (BC is the opponent)
McKendry (title game starter)

I don't think he would throw McKendry Sunday with the regional starting next Friday. Maybe on a limited pitch count, will be interesting how DiMare plays it.

Advertisement
I don't think he would throw McKendry Sunday with the regional starting next Friday. Maybe on a limited pitch count, will be interesting how DiMare plays it.

Another factor is that the host sites will be determined before the end of Sunday's game. So while it's nice to win an ACC Tournament title, the much bigger element is getting to the title game as far as hosting is concerned. You are correct that we shouldn't be throwing a key starter on Sunday. The ACC title game is usually a midweek/bullpen contest.

Another factor is that the host sites will be determined before the end of Sunday's game. So while it's nice to win an ACC Tournament title, the much bigger element is getting to the title game as far as hosting is concerned. You are correct that we shouldn't be throwing a key starter on Sunday. The ACC title game is usually a midweek/bullpen contest.

I do think they want McKendry to throw at some point this weekend to get him another outing post injury and before the regional starts. Just not sure when they will use him (maybe Saturday if we get there)

I do think they want McKendry to throw at some point this weekend to get him another outing post injury and before the regional starts. Just not sure when they will use him (maybe Saturday if we get there)

Yeah I think Saturday is the day. Then throw him next Saturday after we beat the #4 seed on Friday.

Advertisement
If this has been brought up already I apologize... How do the pool tiebreakers work? For example, if we lose to UVA and beat UNC everyone in our pool would be 1-1. Everyone is saying today's game has no effect on who advances from our pool so I'm just curious as to how that works.

If this has been brought up already I apologize... How do the pool tiebreakers work? For example, if we lose to UVA and beat UNC everyone in our pool would be 1-1. Everyone is saying today's game has no effect on who advances from our pool so I'm just curious as to how that works.

Highest seed advances. So if everybody is 1-1, Miami advances.

Advertisement
Back