ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

Advertisement
Their Defense is trash. If our D is truly elite we should be fine.
They were 2-10 and absolutely terrible before Satterfield got there. Was a huge mess, The players didnt even know where the coaches offices were. They went 8-5 last year and won their bowl game. They bring back alot of players on both sides of ball and most of the production on their offense. Their D was very bad but for first year in scheme they did some good things. I think they are trending up and will be a problem.

They were 2-10 and absolutely terrible before Satterfield got there. Was a huge mess, The players didnt even know where the coaches offices were. They went 8-5 last year and won their bowl game. They bring back alot of players on both sides of ball and most of the production on their offense. Their D was very bad but for first year in scheme they did some good things. I think they are trending up and will be a problem.

I don’t think a new scheme is an excuse to be that bad on Defense. It’s a reflection on their actual poor scheme and staff. Their Offense gave our Defense fits. I don’t think they will be a serious problem if we come to play.

Sounds reasonable. Until you realize that almost every corporation in America is slashing advertising and promotional budgets.

Except for Amazon and Zoom.

Supply AND Demand.

TV AD Revenue will set a record if there is a season. The rating will not significantly effect how much school takes home.

Advertisement
Especially since the qualifications for getting into the championship game is simply the top two winning percentages, so a win against Duke or BC counts the same as one against ND or Clemson.

I didn't understand why they specified winning percentages. Aren't we all playing 10 games?

Then I considered the possibility of game cancellations.

So I propose that we pull a Butch Davis delaying tactic.

We make sure we have a couple of easy games up front. Then we arrange for hurricane cancellations, COVID cancellations, Julio-Frenk-can't-find-a-shirt-to-wear cancellations. We go 2-0 in the ACC, 3-0 overall, and then we get to play in the ACC-CG. Recruits never get to see us lose a game and we laugh all the way to the bank and National Signing Day.

Who is going to throw the flag on us?

I didn't understand why they specified winning percentages. Aren't we all playing 10 games?

Then I considered the possibility of game cancellations.

So I propose that we pull a Butch Davis delaying tactic.

We make sure we have a couple of easy games up front. Then we arrange for hurricane cancellations, COVID cancellations, Julio-Frenk-can't-find-a-shirt-to-wear cancellations. We go 2-0 in the ACC, 3-0 overall, and then we get to play in the ACC-CG. Recruits never get to see us lose a game and we laugh all the way to the bank and National Signing Day.

Who is going to throw the flag on us?
Clemson week?

tenor (2).gif

TV AD Revenue will set a record if there is a season. The rating will not significantly effect how much school takes home.

Nope.

• May 28, 2020
Before the coronavirus pandemic, the TV networks were expecting a strong 2020. The presidential election and Tokyo Olympics would keep people watching, and companies would spend more than usual on commercial time.

But with the Summer Games postponed and campaign rallies on lockdown, television advertising revenue is likely to drop 12 percent this year, according to a projection by the research firm MoffettNathanson. Networks will lose out on $25.5 billion in spending, according to a report released on Thursday by the WARC research group.

Viewership is not the problem now that millions of homebound people have limited entertainment options. But the economic fallout of the pandemic has caused companies to slash TV ad budgets by more than 40 percent, according to the research firm Kantar. In response, networks have offered commercial time at double-digit discounts.

“TV was already in the middle of a huge revolution, and it’s only going to intensify, because now advertisers’ money is tight,” said Jane Clarke, the chief executive of the Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, a trade group.

Before the pandemic, 30 percent of ad spending in the United States went toward TV commercials, while 56 percent went to purely digital platforms. By the end of the year, “this gap is really going to blow out,” with TV “falling more dramatically,” said Michael Nathanson, a founding partner of the MoffettNathanson research firm, in a recent conference call with clients.

And more companies are demanding proof that TV commercials actually work. As online platforms like YouTube make a play for TV advertisers, networks are making the argument that they can match certain ads to specific households and track how many sales result.

“Advertisers have a lot more questions about actual metrics, and they’re putting fewer dollars in less accountable environments where it’s harder to measure results,” said Tal Chalozin, the co-founder of Innovid, an ad-tech company.

The pandemic has forced many companies to be more efficient with their advertising because they have less money to spend, said Ms. Clarke of the Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement. The crisis may encourage more ads made for owners of internet-connected TVs, using data to deliver customized messages to specific groups of viewers.

Advertisement
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.

Show **** a little respect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm all for playing a tougher schedule so we can gauge where we are at with the off-season changes. But, if we lose a player like King to injury or say the 'Rona for a couple of weeks, then what will our record look like and what will the impact be on recruiting. Our foes are just waiting for us to lose a few games and pounce on our recent recruiting success.

The ACC really stuck it to us...leaving us with little margin for error if we want to maintain this class and our momentum. That's not scared talk...just facts. This is the recruiting class that could get us over the hump and the ACC just made it much more difficult to hold on to.

As an aside to complaining that the schedule got harder. Looking forward to SEC ten game schedule for teams like Arkansas, Ol Miss, and Miss St. If they play 10 that would be 6 west, 4 east. One of them is going to draw UF/UGA/Tenn

you could see a OlMiss playing: MsSt, Ark, Alabama, Ta&m, LSU, Auburn, UGA, UF, Tenn, USCe

Advertisement
Back