ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

Ideal scenario if this has to happen- #1 pick Lawrence does the smart thing and sits out (really no reason for him to risk injury of getting the COVID). Miami plays Clemson in an empty stadium. Is that soft? Sure. Don't care. I want everything skewed in Miami's favor.
Nah F that I want clemson in a jam packed death valley. That's the kind of game that the young guys will learn from.

Advertisement
I have a feeling Clemson is gonna be early & were gonna lose a tight one then beat them in the ACC ship after improving all season. I really think King & Lashee are going to be all-world & our D can play with anyone.

So we get selected to travel to Clemson. They got to protect them.
They want ND vs Clemson for the championship game

100% this is what this whole thing is about. Getting that ND/Clemson ACC title game.

It’s unbelievable how bad this year screws Miami.

I know a lot of Miami fans wanted to get Clemson and ND in the schedule for the old “anyone anywhere” mantra, but I sure would’ve been happy missing Clemson, personally.

Winning any game > Losing to an elite team

Advertisement
Yea but point of peach bowl season opener games is to have them in atlanta.. We will see what happens.. People pay money for neutral site games

Again, that was just a couple of games. It would just be nice if McMurphy was accurate on the facts.

Maybe those games will not be played. But they might. Miami might still play Temple.

Advertisement
The NBC deal will likely be worth more this year due to fans watching on TV, rather than attending games no?

Sounds reasonable. Until you realize that almost every corporation in America is slashing advertising and promotional budgets.

Except for Amazon and Zoom.

Supply AND Demand.

If we lose to Clemson, which is likely, what's our signature win?

UNC. They will be the darlings of the ACC this year and are going to be top 20 preseason. VTec, too. But I don’t think they are going to get blown as much as UNC

Use your words. Breath. It has nothing to do with negativity. It's about being realistic and understanding what's happening. But tip of the hat to you.

Recent join date AND low post count? NYSOM? Empirical? Random troll?

100% this is what this whole thing is about. Getting that ND/Clemson ACC title game.

It’s unbelievable how bad this year screws Miami.

I know a lot of Miami fans wanted to get Clemson and ND in the schedule for the old “anyone anywhere” mantra, but I sure would’ve been happy missing Clemson, personally.

Winning any game > Losing to an elite team

Because of recruiting this years season is crucial. I’d have been fine with missing Clemson as well. We need wins more than we need anything right now.

Advertisement
Manny & Lashlee is getting an opportunity to prove their worth.

Manny, Lashlee and Baker. Lashlee/King will face the “best” DC in the league at Clemson. And their entire DL(?) returns.

Baker has to prove he can coach against Clemson’s Offense, UL in its 2nd year and UNC in its 2nd year.

I love our schedule. This AWAY schedule is a blue diamond special.

LOCK & LOAD.

We went from having an easy schedule to a very tough one. Still all these games are winnable if Miami shows up. Hopefully all these changes they made in the off season pays dividends in the end. I see us going 9-2 or better!!!!

Way too simple schedule analysis:

Based on Athlons rankings
I gave 1 point for playing GT, 2 for BC, 3 for SU, up to 15 points for playing Clemson.
Miami is ranked 6th in the division (10 points).
The higher the points, the tougher the schedule.

1. WF-94
2T. BC-88
2T. FSU-88
4. 'Canes-87
5. UVA-86
6T. Pitt-82
6T. ND-82
8. GT-81
9. VT-80
10. SU-79
11. NC St.- 73
12T. Duke-72
12T. UL-72
12T. UNC-72
12T. Clemson-72

UNC plays only 2 of the top 5 in the division.
6 of the bottom 7 in the division.

Who did Wake **** off?
They play all top 6 teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s no NBC deal if they had no one to play. That NBC money was automatically getting shared at an absolute minimum. Beating your chest about “winning” that part of the deal is lame because anyone could have gotten that and much more.

Who is anyone? Other conferences? But we did. Scoreboard. No one else did. "Could have" doesn't pay the bills. In a time when AD's are bleeding out. Imagine the ACC schedules they just dropped without ND. Would have taken a lot of luster off the whole endeavor (barf).

Instead we will be featured on ABC, ESPN, NBC... more marquee games, more eyeballs, more coverage... it's a big win, and again, it adds over $15M into the pool.

Also, its one step closer to getting ND in full time. Which as much as we hate them, is good for the ACC, good for Miami, and good for me and bottle of good tequila on a Saturday night when we turn them f'ing inside out.

Advertisement
Back