ACC officially refuses to admit mistake.

ACC is always going to try to diffuse the situation quickly, avoid the embarrassment of admitting their refs made a mistake, and protect the refs.

Chaney had full control of the ball when his elbow hit the ground. The GT player started ripping at it after his elbow had hit the ground. Indisputably not a fumble.

Unless a conference like the ACC can overturn a ruling & reverse the final outcome of the game (which I don’t know but doubt they can), there’s really not much value in disputing calls after the fact. That’s likely why Rad was pretty diplomatic with his comment. I wouldn’t count on this resulting in any make-up calls for us (especially against one of the most powerful members of the conf in UNC). The ACC runs through Tobacco Road in NC so our players have to control their own destiny by playing disciplined, smart & beating their man. They have to take the outcome out of the refs hands (together with the coaches).
You’re missing the point.
No one is expecting the result of the game to be over turned.

Yes, there is value in calling out this blatant corruption or incompetence, so hopefully next time these fools will think twice before making these terrible calls that decide the victory of football games. How else are you going to hold them accountable?

Advertisement
It could be a while. Kick off your shoes and get some slippers on.
shoe throwing GIF

Hey man… I’m all for calling out the refs for what they did and have done to us but at then end of the game, we were up and all we had to do is kneel and our CoRch handed the ball off so that’s all there is to it. Rip these refs but make sure to rip the guy who squandered away the win that was still within his control.

IMG_1129.gif

Advertisement
You’re missing the point.
No one is expecting the result of the game to be over turned.

Yes, there is value in calling out this blatant corruption or incompetence, so hopefully next time these fools will think twice before making these terrible calls that decide the victory of football games. How else are you going to hold them accountable?

It is unfortunately naive to think that any amount of complaining by Miami fans will affect the decision-making or thought processes of the ACC refs or the leadership of the conference. Why? The ACC has its HQ in Charlotte, NC. The Carolina schools like Duke & UNC joined in 1953 according to Wikipedia. UVA joined in ‘53 also. Miami joined 51 years later in 2004. Where do you think the balance of power lies in the ACC (with certain schools having joined 70 years ago)?

Georgia Tech joined in ‘79 (a full 25 years before Miami).

Should we complain about that terrible fumble call? The answer is “yes.” Will our complaining make any difference whatsoever in the balance of power & future calls by ACC refs. Unfortunately, the answer is a definite “no”. The ACC has shown that it always favors its founding members & those that joined decades before Miami did.

Advertisement
Nobody to blame but ourselves..all of this is just a deflection to me.

Every Saturday and Sunday teams play to get in victory formation and mario was like naw lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
The **** is laughable. It's really simple.. look at when his elbow is down, the gt defenders stripping motion hasn't even started yet. For a review to get it wrong when it's so obviously not a fumble. One of the things I was also looking at was that his left shin looked like it hit the ground right as he started to roll over the other gt defender. Just a terrible call made even worse by the refusal to overturn that stupidity.

Out of curiosity, I dug around on the officiating crew for the GT game. The ACC website doesn’t provide a list that I could find. I was only able to find the list of officials on the GT website game summary page. Here’s the list of officials:

Jeff Heaser - Referee
Sean Geraghty - Umpire
Art Hardin - Linesman
Mike Defee - Back Judge
Jim Slayton - Line Judge
Mike Cullin - Field Judge
Jerry Hocker - Side Judge
Will Bent - Center
Carlos Guzman - Replay

Even googling each one individually doesn’t provide much, if any, information.

Advertisement
Back