ACC officially refuses to admit mistake.

If I can take a screenshot off of youtube and zoom in and lighten it up and see it clear as day - then they should be able to as well or they don't need to be responsible for reviewing plays.

Stop encouraging referees to let the fumble playout because it can be overturned in the booth and forcing it to be indisputable.

It should always be best judgment and scrap the call on the field if it goes to the booth. 51% sure - go with it.
This sums it up perfectly. Officials being told to let it play out & relying on replay to get it right, yet replay says inconclusive & thus can’t overturn. This is lazy & ineffective. We were brain-dead & deserve outcome after not taking a knee, but don’t believe it was a fumble. Simple fact is had call on field been not a fumble, replay would not have overturned.

Advertisement
Hoping B10 by 2026 but I know less than DBC.
Wishful thinking but I’d go to court and force my way out of the acc with that evidence that there is a bias in the conference. That they came out and wouldn’t admit their referees mistake is the nail in the coffin for me. It is clear indisputable evidence to everyone without an agenda.

IMG_0156.jpeg

If we ever have that same crew at Hard Rock stadium again, I would have this picture on the big screens as much as possible.

IMG_0157.gif

This is convincing me not to watch the game Saturday. I had already turned the game off in the 3rd quarter. I told my wife after they the TD they called back on a phantom hold, one more bad call and I'd turn it off. There were two more in short succession, and that was it for me. I hate not supporting this team, but I really don't want to reward the ACC and the networks with the ad revenue. I know I am just one person, but playing any team from the NC area is always awful.

Advertisement
Out of curiosity, I dug around on the officiating crew for the GT game. The ACC website doesn’t provide a list that I could find. I was only able to find the list of officials on the GT website game summary page. Here’s the list of officials:

Jeff Heaser - Referee
Sean Geraghty - Umpire
Art Hardin - Linesman
Mike Defee - Back Judge
Jim Slayton - Line Judge
Mike Cullin - Field Judge
Jerry Hocker - Side Judge
Will Bent - Center
Carlos Guzman - Replay

Even googling each one individually doesn’t provide much, if any, information.
I searched...

oh...I've searched...

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I can take a screenshot off of youtube and zoom in and lighten it up and see it clear as day - then they should be able to as well or they don't need to be responsible for reviewing plays.

Stop encouraging referees to let the fumble playout because it can be overturned in the booth and forcing it to be indisputable.

It should always be best judgment and scrap the call on the field if it goes to the booth. 51% sure - go with it.

I hear you, but that's not the standard they use. They don't zoom in, cut, crop, lighten, etc. It's as the footage shows. Not defending it but that's not the process.

At the end of that article, Lee is correct.

"To be honest, the game should have never been close," Lee said. "Offensively, we didn't play good enough. There's several opportunities every single quarter where we should have put it away. It never should have came down to the wire like that."

The game shouldn't have come down to that. Tough though when your QB has a game like that. Then the defense has two players that literally blow it all up with 27 seconds to go. Perfect storm of bad calls, playsz and performance on the night.

Advertisement
Just curious why all the “we need to leave the ACC” folks think we’d get a better shake in another conference? It was my understanding that ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY HATES MIAMI.

They're hiding behind the call on the field being a fumble and not enough evidence to overturn—while completely ignoring the fact that the umpire RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY was starting to rule Chaney down and was going for his while, before the line judge sprinted in, did his best Terry Porter and called it a fumble, despite having the worst vantage point. Once it was a fumble on the field, they could hide behind "not enough video evidence" to overturn—but the bigger issue was the clown umpire flinching and letting the line judge make the call despite him having a better point of view.

Honestly how can this donkey get this call wrong based on seeing it unfold like he's watching TV.

Attachments

• F75BqAmbYAA5_lV.jpeg
    F75BqAmbYAA5_lV.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back