ACC Network

Advertisement
For those like myself who use Sling TV last year to watch the games, their current "ACC Network Extra" is totally different than the upcoming "ACC Network".

Just a heads up to those who think they are already good to go.

ACCN isnt on xfinity either. SEC network was on every provider day 1 for the most part. this is kinda stupid

The DVR concern is mainly for sports, for example when I go to a hurricanes home game I always DVR the game, and then watch it later - breaking it down. Sometimes the same night.

I really don’t need the DVR for HBO or any of the premium channels because with streaming I can watch whatever I want when I want. I guess it’s mainly just for sports, that I can think of right now

i used to do the same as you but watch ESPN has all the replays for the canes game so no need to record it

Advertisement
Dump Xfinity/Comcast. Just subscribe to Hulu Live. It's $45-50 month (includes the regular Hulu streaming as well which many are paying for already anyway). It includes all of the ESPN channels, CBS Sports, Fox Sports (including a number of the local-specific versions), NBC Sports Network, various NCAA conference networks, and has already announced they will carry the ACC Network when it premieres.

yes but you're streaming the entire time and now cable providers cap your data monthly

AT&T is pulling the plug on Uverse TV sales in September. Curious to see how it plays out.

they want everyone to move over to dish for tv (since they own it) and verse for internet. the better tv package is through Uverse tho compared to DTV for the same price

Tell me more about Directv Now streaming. Is it much different from UVerse from a customer perspective? For example, if I bought the streaming service, would I actually need to install a satellite dish? Or would it come through the lines I currently have through UVerse?

streaming means you have no true live tv. youre streaming through your smart tv apps or apple tv or ps4, xbox, etc. like right now, you turn on your tv and flip up and down through the guide to get to channels. w streaming, you can select other channels but its all done through your internet speed so the quality wont ever be the same at all times. also, cable companies cap your data monthly if you dont sub w tv and xfinity does it regardless. att gives you unlimited data for your internet if you sub to tv

yes but you're streaming the entire time and now cable providers cap your data monthly
None of the cable providers in my area (Tampa Bay) cap anything. Had Frontier FiOS before, now have Spectrum (offered me faster speed at lower cost). No caps on either. The third company in my area WOW, also has no caps.

Advertisement
None of the cable providers in my area (Tampa Bay) cap anything. Had Frontier FiOS before, now have Spectrum (offered me faster speed at lower cost). No caps on either. The third company in my area WOW, also has no caps.

then youre lucky. ATT and xfinity both cap

Advertisement
Back