ACC Network

The problem with all the ESPN watch and other streaming options (besides illegal) is that you have to pay for the ACCN on your regular package to be able to see it.

Advertisement
Dump Xfinity/Comcast. Just subscribe to Hulu Live. It's $45-50 month (includes the regular Hulu streaming as well which many are paying for already anyway). It includes all of the ESPN channels, CBS Sports, Fox Sports (including a number of the local-specific versions), NBC Sports Network, various NCAA conference networks, and has already announced they will carry the ACC Network when it premieres.

From what I’ve heard they are working to make a deal with Xfinity and Uverse (AT&T) before it launches in August
AT&T is pulling the plug on Uverse TV sales in September. Curious to see how it plays out.

Advertisement
I live in central florida so we have Spectrum service does anyone know if they will carry it?
Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Layer3 TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com.

For everyone else, we have to request our cable providers to carry it. Only thing we can do.

Will it be on Youtube TV?
Pretty sure I read that it is. The main issues are with Dish, Comcast and others that they are currently in the middle of a contract with ESPN and have no insentive to renegotiate to add it. They hold all the power over ESPN and we know how money hungry all these network providers and cable companies are. I already called Dish and will continue to do so, as customers pushing it are the only insentive they will have to negotiate adding it to their current contract.
****, my local CBS has been blacked out for about 6 months over contract disputes. I called and they gave me a $5 credit. Lulz

Pretty sure I read that it is. The main issues are with Dish, Comcast and others that they are currently in the middle of a contract with ESPN and have no insentive to renegotiate to add it. They hold all the power over ESPN and we know how money hungry all these network providers and cable companies are. I already called Dish and will continue to do so, as customers pushing it are the only insentive they will have to negotiate adding it to their current contract.

I have YouTubeTV, so I’ve checked often, and haven’t read anywhere that YouTubeTV has made a deal.

Advertisement
The problem is, no matter if all the networks sign on is how much is it going to cost? Will it be part of the basic package or will subscribers have to purchase an add on package to receive the ACC network Sling has it as part of their basic package, but can't speak for any of the others. Because these greedy ******** want to make as money off you as possible, look for some type of surcharge. Most of them already blame their price structure on having to carry all of the ESPN channels. Don't forget, that Disney, who owns ESPN is also starting their own streaming service later this year. If they can milk a few more dollars out of this, they will.

The problem is, no matter if all the networks sign on is how much is it going to cost? Will it be part of the basic package or will subscribers have to purchase an add on package to receive the ACC network Sling has it as part of their basic package, but can't speak for any of the others. Because these greedy ******** want to make as money off you as possible, look for some type of surcharge. Most of them already blame their price structure on having to carry all of the ESPN channels. Don't forget, that Disney, who owns ESPN is also starting their own streaming service later this year. If they can milk a few more dollars out of this, they will.
Oh I'm willing to bet that there will be a charge

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does this mean? Do you mean U-verse streaming? Or their regular U-verse service. That doesn’t seem likely.
Just the TV side. They will still support it for customers with the service presently. But they’re not gonna be selling to any new subscribers. Gonna be pushing the Directv Now streaming big time. I’ve been a lineman with them now for over 19 years. The whole industry is changing quickly.

Just the TV side. They will still support it for customers with the service presently. But they’re not gonna be selling to any new subscribers. Gonna be pushing the Directv Now streaming big time. I’ve been a lineman with them now for over 19 years. The whole industry is changing quickly.

Tell me more about Directv Now streaming. Is it much different from UVerse from a customer perspective? For example, if I bought the streaming service, would I actually need to install a satellite dish? Or would it come through the lines I currently have through UVerse?

On Hulu Live is is part of the basic package. No different than them already carrying the SEC Network, Big 10 Network, all the ESPN's, and other sports networks. I'd imagine many of the others are the same, where it would either be added to the regular package, or added to an existing sports package that would already have the other sports networks in it.

Advertisement
Back