ACC network will not televise the spring game.

Advertisement
1582888994682.png

Real ?; do u know if any revenue is generated by spring games being televised for the universities?

Advertisement
Real ?; do u know if any revenue is generated by spring games being televised for the universities?

Fairly certain that we just get revenue from ACCN. Ad revenue goes to ACCN, not to schools (directly).

The bigger issue is exposure. I just want people, wherever they are, to be able to see Miami. Spring game, baseball games, I don't care if they do an "Inside the Equipment Room" series, I just want Miami to be in the mix.

When you can see one school, and not another, it just makes us look bush league.

Fairly certain that we just get revenue from ACCN. Ad revenue goes to ACCN, not to schools (directly).

The bigger issue is exposure. I just want people, wherever they are, to be able to see Miami. Spring game, baseball games, I don't care if they do an "Inside the Equipment Room" series, I just want Miami to be in the mix.

When you can see one school, and not another, it just makes us look bush league.

Facts; and honestly, I feel like we are being operated on a G5 level. There’s many things I can say as to why I feel this way, but I’ll just stick to the exposure piece like u said.

Facts; and honestly, I feel like we are being operated on a G5 level. There’s many things I can say as to why I feel this way, but I’ll just stick to the exposure piece like u said.

Cane fans locally made so little noise about not having the ACC Network the biggest cable provider in S Florida still doesn't bother to even offer it.

That and the 5000 people that will show up is what makes us look bush league, not the fact our spring game, held on some random day in April isn't on TV.

Advertisement
IDK if Manny and the administration wanted to be on tv. That would be the 1st question to answer.

They may not want to show the new offense for several reasons.

Televising the spring game, no matter where it’s held, will make us look bush league.

When you can’t get even more than 3 or 4 thousand people to attend - that’s pathetic. If I was running the show I might not want to televise that embarrassment either. I’m being honest.

It’s always been that way. Either win or lose.

And look at some of the other schools, Nebraska, way worse record than us the last few years, and look at their stands during the spring games. Or just about any other team.

Advertisement
Who the **** cares its not playing on tv. Its good to keep things in house so that way we can run a lot more plays without being looked at by the world. Yes spring games are dull and nothing to fancy but lets keep what we doing in house and let it sneak up on teams when they play us. They have no film and really cant prepare unless they watch SMU. But I think we have more weapons then SMU more speed so it might look 10 times better and different.

Advertisement
Since UM will be filming the Spring game for their own purposes, then why not stream it on YouTube or the UM portion of sidearmsportscom. Of course you would not hear any of the talking heads giving a play by play, There may be a way to add some of the Coaches comments to the entire game or at least on some individual clips.

Feel he's been an easy target & not always deserving. He needs to go bat**** on this. Enough of playing nice. What do you think the late Sam Jankovich would do?

Jankovich and even Paul Dee to a much lesser extent wouldn't have allowed basketball schools to continue to run this conference decades after joining it.

regarding tv, a big problem is comcast. they wont offer ACCN and most of SFL has comcast. it makes it tough for any network to run crap for you when most of that region doesnt have the network. now youtube tv is dropping Fox Sports FL.

Advertisement
Back