ACC network will not televise the spring game.

I can see the Miami social media department video now....

first 10 Seconds players getting off the bus with their headphones on

next 10 seconds some words of inspiration from coach diaz

Next 30 seconds- various players stretching, high fiving and dancing

Next 60 seconds- approx 6 plays in slow motion where we don't see the formation or the entire field but instead get overly close up video of Cam Harris running into traffic, Pope or wiggins catching some type of intermediate route, king throwing the ball but no indication of where it went etc

can't wait.

Advertisement
I can see the Miami social media department video now....

first 10 Seconds players getting off the bus with their headphones on

next 10 seconds some words of inspiration from coach diaz

Next 30 seconds- various players stretching, high fiving and dancing

Next 60 seconds- approx 6 plays in slow motion where we don't see the formation or the entire field but instead get overly close up video of Cam Harris running into traffic, Pope or wiggins catching some type of intermediate route, king throwing the ball but no indication of where it went etc

can't wait.
This seems familiar. perhaps I've seen something like this before....but I can't be sure.

Calling it a “game” is a loose term anyway. SoMe schools call it a “showcase” That’s more descriptive of what it really is. We have a new offense, will have many key guys missing etc. it doesnt seem like a big deal to me. Traz Powell will probably fill up and be pretty loud for the team.

Fairly certain that we just get revenue from ACCN. Ad revenue goes to ACCN, not to schools (directly).

The bigger issue is exposure. I just want people, wherever they are, to be able to see Miami. Spring game, baseball games, I don't care if they do an "Inside the Equipment Room" series, I just want Miami to be in the mix.

When you can see one school, and not another, it just makes us look bush league.
This is why we should move to the AAC and take a few big market teams with us - can’t stand this Kountry Kakalaki Konference.
And the conference championship game is at the highest ranked team’s home field in the AAC.
1582957852331.gif

Advertisement
Televising the spring game, no matter where it’s held, will make us look bush league.

When you can’t get even more than 3 or 4 thousand people to attend - that’s pathetic. If I was running the show I might not want to televise that embarrassment either. I’m being honest.

It’s always been that way. Either win or lose.

And look at some of the other schools, Nebraska, way worse record than us the last few years, and look at their stands during the spring games. Or just about any other team.

There were more than 3,000-4,000 people there in Orlando last year. There were definitely more than that at HRS the last time we held it there, when Richt was coach. No, we’re not going to fill the stadium for a spring game. You know what doesn’t help with that? Having it somewhere different every year, and not making it accessible to those who can’t make it. You know what would help? Make it an event that people want to see, and can see.

If you don’t run the trains on time, people won’t ride the train. You don’t then get to blame the people who won’t ride the train as the reason they don’t run on time.

There were more than 3,000-4,000 people there in Orlando last year. There were definitely more than that at HRS the last time we held it there, when Richt was coach. No, we’re not going to fill the stadium for a spring game. You know what doesn’t help with that? Having it somewhere different every year, and not making it accessible to those who can’t make it. You know what would help? Make it an event that people want to see, and can see.

If you don’t run the trains on time, people won’t ride the train. You don’t then get to blame the people who won’t ride the train as the reason they don’t run on time.

Never more than 3-4K at HRS.

I do blame people that ride the trains because they just don’t show.

Now you’re saying that if we had it in the same place and the same time every year we get more people. Don’t be silly. The fans have never done that - they won’t show up as usual.

The different ways the mopes on here morph every thread into a mock and cheap shot session is a sight to behold.

Pathetic.

Advertisement
Never more than 3-4K at HRS.

I do blame people that ride the trains because they just don’t show.

Now you’re saying that if we had it in the same place and the same time every year we get more people. Don’t be silly. The fans have never done that - they won’t show up as usual.

miami isnt a place that will get a big crowd at a spring game. it will never happen even if we come off winning a title. people aren't thinking of football in the spring.

What?

You mean the three, highly dramatic, 35 second video clips on Canes Football Twitter aren't going to be enough for you people?

**** spoiled brats
My college gym seats more than Traz and we got more fans for midnight madness practice than will be at Traz for the Ugly and that was 1980. Sad. I sucked and I signed more autographs than will be at our spring game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back