ACC Network availability? (NOW ON COMCAST)

Advertisement
Ice Cube Movie GIF

I don't think ACCN is carried on Comcast in Montgomery County MD which is part of D.C. suburbs. I did some initial checking but I don't see it on the list of channels. I will have to do some further checking.

My state and I guess my area is no longer an ACC area. We have no ACC teams close by. UMD left the ACC and the closest I guess is Virginia Tech or UVA. Neither is in northern Virginia. That might determine any decision by Comcast to carry it. The way it was left last year, or maybe it was discussed here in 2019, Comcast wanted to negotiate a global package that would include all ESPN offerings, including ACCN. I don't know if that happens.

I wish I had more internet options, but I think many buildings negotiated exclusive contracts years ago with Comcast so the only other major option, Verizon FIOS, is not available.

I'll probably hook up with Hulu, Sling or the other options that might be available. I'll cancel at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Comcast says no deal yet. It was an error on ESPN’s end. Still sounds good for the start of the season: “Phillips told his audiences in Blacksburg and Charlottesville that he believes ESPN/Disney, the conference’s partner in the ACC Network, likely will strike a carriage agreement by September with cable behemoth Xfinity/Comcast,” the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported in May.

**** now they are just teasing us. On one minute off the other
They are proving a point, I jumped straight off the ******* this morning when I came across this thread. I was so excited I got back in bed for ten minutes watching two Uva players playing the newlywed game. I called my 12 year old on the way home and said turn daddy's TV back on in his room and record the spring game. She said Daddy there's some weird guy on talking about SEC football.

Advertisement
I don't think ACCN is carried on Comcast in Montgomery County MD which is part of D.C. suburbs. I did some initial checking but I don't see it on the list of channels. I will have to do some further checking.

My state and I guess my area is no longer an ACC area. We have no ACC teams close by. UMD left the ACC and the closest I guess is Virginia Tech or UVA. Neither is in northern Virginia. That might determine any decision by Comcast to carry it. The way it was left last year, or maybe it was discussed here in 2019, Comcast wanted to negotiate a global package that would include all ESPN offerings, including ACCN. I don't know if that happens.

I wish I had more internet options, but I think many buildings negotiated exclusive contracts years ago with Comcast so the only other major option, Verizon FIOS, is not available.

I'll probably hook up with Hulu, Sling or the other options that might be available. I'll cancel at the end of the season.
I'm in the Annapolis, Maryland area and I got excited when I put 1322 on the other night and got the ACC Network. It switched back to SECN the next morning. I was hoping that was a "test" situation that would soon become permanent. Thei read above Comcast says it was a "mistake." Maryland Terps going to B1G killed us ACC fans in Maryland; I get the B1G Net free but no ACCN.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back