ACC Network availability? (NOW ON COMCAST)

Hold My Beer

CANE up in heah
Premium
Anyone else having trouble subscribing where you live?

My brother who's a diehard Nole just moved to the Atlanta area and he's griping because he says it's not available through Comcast up there.

Is that correct? And how would that even be possible in a metro area with a population of 6M and a school in the ACC?

(And yeah I did tell him to save his money since FSU won't be a worth a **** this year and my other brother who's a diehard Gator told him why bother because nobody gives a **** about the ACC. We a family that looks out for each other like that 🤝)

Last edited:
Advertisement

My brother who's a diehard Nole just moved to the Atlanta area and he's griping because he says it's not available through Comcast up there.

Is that correct? And how would that even be possible in a metro area with a population of 6M and a school in the ACC?

(And yeah I did tell him to save his money since FSU won't be a worth a **** this year and my other brother who's a diehard Gator told him why bother because nobody gives a **** about the ACC. We look out for each other like that 🤝)

ACC hasn't secured carriage from Comcast yet. The new ACC commissioner said that is his top priority... we'll see

(And yeah I did tell him to save his money since FSU won't be a worth a **** this year and my other brother who's a diehard Gator told him why bother because nobody gives a **** about the ACC. We look out for each other like that 🤝)
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.

Advertisement
The colossal cluster of the ACC’s TV contracts is in no way limited to the Grant of Rights. Their standoff with Comcast is more water down the toilet.

Don’t see Comcast getting it anytime soon. I have Comcast for internet & YouTube TV which carries the ACC Network.

Last edited:
Advertisement
you think they were asking too much from Comcast?
I have no idea.

I think they didn’t have a plan for Comcast not accepting. They're entering the third year of a fight with one of the largest cable companies in the nation, the one that services the most households in their geographic footprint, costing them millions of dollars in exposure per year.

Three years ago there was hardly a Miami baseball game you couldn’t watch, let alone basketball or football. Now there are routinely FOOTBALL GAMES we can’t watch because of this nonsense. I don’t blame Comcast for being greedy, I blame the ACC for having no idea how to value themselves or solve this problem.

my_tombstone.jpg

I have no idea.

I think they didn’t have a plan for Comcast not accepting. They're entering the third year of a fight with one of the largest cable companies in the nation, the one that services the most households in their geographic footprint, costing them millions of dollars in exposure per year.

Three years ago there was hardly a Miami baseball game you couldn’t watch, let alone basketball or football. Now there are routinely FOOTBALL GAMES we can’t watch because of this nonsense. I don’t blame Comcast for being greedy, I blame the ACC for having no idea how to value themselves or solve this problem.
Ya, problem is bringing BC, Wake, Cuse as cards to the bargaining table. Wish we could get rid of that dead weight,

I blame the ACC for having no idea how to value themselves or solve this problem.
ESPN has controlling interest in the ACC Network.

The sooner the ACCN falls by the wayside, the sooner ESPN can "help" dissolve the GOR and get out of making annual over-payments to those schools with marginal value.

Advertisement
Still don't understand why people would still be giving Comcast business. There is literally no reason to. Go with YouTubeTV. It's available everywhere and has everything Comcast offers plus more.
Does YouTubeTV provide internet?

I compared cutting the cord to not for the last few years and when everything is added up it’s never worth it for me.

Ya, problem is bringing BC, Wake, Cuse as cards to the bargaining table. Wish we could get rid of that dead weight,
Way too many political ramifications (and endless lawsuits) in trying to cut loose the ACC's welfare cases.

Better to surreptitiously set the building on fire and make it every man for himself.

Those schools with the opportunity to leave for a better situation can do so.

Those without are left to fend for themselves minus ESPN's financial safety net.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still don't understand why people would still be giving Comcast business. There is literally no reason to. Go with YouTubeTV. It's available everywhere and has everything Comcast offers plus more.
As one of those old-timers who can barely sort out how to use the remote control, I don't appreciate your uppity attitude ;)

The ACC overlords need to get this fixed. Im running out of bullshiit email addresses to sign up for services that carry that abortion of a network.

Advertisement
Back