ACC Looking To Move Headquarters

Advertisement
Both Charlotte and Atlanta are hub airports. So are Philly, JFK, Newark, Dulles, LaGuardia, Boston and Miami on the east coast.

Since they’re already in NC, Charlotte seems like the most logical choice.

Advertisement
Both Charlotte and Atlanta are hub airports. So are Philly, JFK, Newark, Dulles, LaGuardia, Boston and Miami on the east coast.

Since they’re already in NC, Charlotte seems like the most logical choice.
it isn't coming to Florida nor should it. ATL or Charlotte seem to be the most logical and id guess it'll be Charlotte (its more ACC heavy there compared to ATL which is SEC heavy)

Definitely talking about Charlotte or Atlanta. I lean towards Charlotte just because the conference is controlled by UNC and Duke. They can't get too far away from them.

But a lot of corporate offices and things of that nature are heading to Atlanta.

Definitely talking about Charlotte or Atlanta. I lean towards Charlotte just because the conference is controlled by UNC and Duke. They can't get too far away from them.

But a lot of corporate offices and things of that nature are heading to Atlanta.
It'll be Charlotte. Atlanta is in SEC territory and the SEC Championship is always played there. ACC won't move to a city where they'll always be second fiddle.

Insanely expensive (as is Miami).
Agreed - but that hasn't stopped so many other large corporations from being headquartered or at least having large presences in DC.

Edit: Not saying I think it should/will be DC (I dont think it should/will be).

Advertisement
I would be shocked if its anywhere but Charlotte. That said, its the ACC corporate office why does it even matter where its physically located? They will be doing.... office stuff. Not like they are playing the SEC corporate office for the fastest typer national championship in front of 80k people.

If they can get a sweet enough deal, it could be Podunk WV. Forget about all or some of the requirements. This is all about the Benjamins.

Advertisement
Is it even news if they move 1 hr. from Greensboro to Charlotte? I mean, who cares?

Most (legit) cities mentioned in this thread are more than an hour in travel time from one side to the other.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back