ACC Looking To Move Headquarters

Does it really matter? You all dropping by headquarters? Seriously, how big are ACC headquarters? you guys are picturing this....
office building skyscraper GIF by The Hills

but it's probably more a few office cubes tucked away in an office park like this
the office dunder mifflin GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
As long as they leave the Carolinas, it’s a win imo

Most likely Charlotte. ESPNU already has a location in Ballantyne (Charlotte suburb). Could try to be close to them down there or maybe even in downtown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My vote is for Hialeah.

Only three cities fit all the criteria that also host an ACC member:

Atlanta
Raleigh
Miami/Ft Lauderdale (barely)

Cities fitting all criteria that don't host ACC member:

Charlotte
Tampa
Orlando
Philly (barely)

Other than that, I can't think of another metro that fits all the criteria. And yes, NYC, Boston, Hartford, Wash DC, Baltimore, etc. are excluded because I don't believe they fit all the criteria.

Last edited:
DC would be a good move IMO. 3 major airports in close proximity (Reagan, Dulles, and BWI), area has great infrastructure, VERY diverse. **** near centrally located for the entire conference's geographical footprint.
Except the closest ACC school is UVA at 1.5 hours away w/o traffic and it is not a college football town AT ALL, but maybe those things are outweighed by your points and being close to Congress if they become more of a factor in college football.

Advertisement
The ACC is controlled by the North Carolina schools. Would be shocked if it's anywhere other than Charlotte. There's a reason we never get calls against UNC or Duke...and that's because the Carolina schools rule the roost in the ACC (in terms of power & influence). UVA also has a decent amount of influence. There is zero chance they are moving to Florida.

Needing a consultant to figure this out is laughable. The ACC headquarters will be moving to Atlanta. Checks all the boxes especially location, airport, diversity, and growth.

The ACC championship game will be on Fridays at Mercedes Benz stadium at 7:00 p.m. followed by the PAC 12 at 9:30 pm in Las Vegas. It gives the ACC championship game prime time nation wide.

You can book it!!!

Advertisement
Contrary to what people may think, the SEC headquarters is not in Atlanta. It's in Birmingham, AL.

Moving to Atlanta is a smart move for the ACC. Beat the SEC to Atlanta and gobble up all the business and media relationships. I doubt the SEC would follow the ACC to ATL.

Orlando would be a contender, but Atlanta is better because it puts a footprint on top of the SEC and keeps them from swallowing up that market. Really good for ACC basketball.

Contrary to what people may think, the SEC headquarters is not in Atlanta. It's in Birmingham, AL.

Moving to Atlanta is a smart move for the ACC. Beat the SEC to Atlanta and gobble up all the business and media relationships. I doubt the SEC would follow the ACC to ATL.

Orlando would be a contender, but Atlanta is better because it puts a footprint on top of the SEC and keeps them from swallowing up that market. Really good for ACC basketball.
Wherever SEC goes (foredeeable future), they will garner most of the attention vs other conferences.

Advertisement
Back