247 Composite Ranking (# of recruits 4 star or better):

11. Miami (10 of 24)
25. Virginia Tech (5 of 26)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
44. Georgia Tech (1 of 24)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

The last two classes have widened our talent gap (2015 was a real down year). We need to start owning this division.

btw with FSU at #6 (11 of 23) we have the second ranked class in the conference. Clemson has a small class and is currently at #15 (11 of 14).

Clemson and Miami's class are equal, can't say Miami's is better. It's deeper because Clemson doesn't have room, but they could have filled it out with 3-star prospects.

Looking at stars, you most certainly can say clem's is better. They took almost 78% blue chips, we were 42%. You can't penalize them for not taking a bigger class if they didn't need one. Quality and meeting needs should be the measure, so unless they whiffed at a position or two, that's a real good class. I like ours as well, but you can't **** with that quality level.

Miami's class is certainly better because of one reason. Clemson couldn't fully capitalize on their championship by taking a top3 class full of studs. It's a wasted opportunity for them, there's no spinning it.

I guess Fedora has a "cloud" or whatever but VagTech has to be disappointed in Fuente's initial results- with Durkin at a completely junk Maryland program not too far away clo$ing on a few big name kids.

I got the impression that Fuente wasn't a great recruiter, but was a good game caller. Kind of fits with the class he's pulled I guess.

Im just ready to have somebody who shows a little emotion & is a leader at QB. Kaaya was neither IMO.

Advertisement
I guess Fedora has a "cloud" or whatever but VagTech has to be disappointed in Fuente's initial results- with Durkin at a completely junk Maryland program not too far away clo$ing on a few big name kids.

I got the impression that Fuente wasn't a great recruiter, but was a good game caller. Kind of fits with the class he's pulled I guess.

Makes sense. Kinda goes against the stereotype of a younger coach but actually a better fit longterm at a hole like Blacksburg as even the best recruiter would end up losing that skill if he's a loser on gameday there.

11. Miami (10 of 24)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

The last two classes have widened our talent gap (2015 was a real down year). We need to start owning this division.

btw with FSU at #6 (11 of 23) we have the second ranked class in the conference. Clemson has a small class and is currently at #15 (11 of 14).

The Atlantic division overall struggled compared to Coastal

Fuentes and Fedora's teams, not very good ones, played up. Ours not so much.

If this doesnt change, Fedora and Fuentes are gonna join Jimbo as CMR's ACC Muschump, Butch Jones, and Donkey Teef

Advertisement

11. Miami (10 of 24)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

Clemson and Miami's class are equal, can't say Miami's is better. It's deeper because Clemson doesn't have room, but they could have filled it out with 3-star prospects.

Looking at stars, you most certainly can say clem's is better. They took almost 78% blue chips, we were 42%. You can't penalize them for not taking a bigger class if they didn't need one. Quality and meeting needs should be the measure, so unless they whiffed at a position or two, that's a real good class. I like ours as well, but you can't **** with that quality level.

Miami's class is certainly better because of one reason. Clemson couldn't fully capitalize on their championship by taking a top3 class full of studs. It's a wasted opportunity for them, there's no spinning it.

Clemson has played for the NC the last 2 years. They've established themselves as a powerhouse program. They've been killing it in recruiting the past copule years and will as long as Dabo's there.

The difference is FSU got 4 5 Stars, Clemson got 2 5 Stars in their class. Miami has signed 1 5 Star in the last 4 classes. This class was great, don't get me wrong, but along the lines of what Kryptonite said, we need our classes to be over 50% 4/5 Stars like Clemson & FSU, then we'll really be back.

11. Miami (10 of 24)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

That makes no sense. Teams never get the National Championship bump the year they won. Its always the next year because the team is able to use them being the defending champion as a pitch for an entire year.
Just because you wont the championship in january doesn't mean everyone is going to want to sign with you by february. Trust me, Clemson will consistently mention how they are the defending champs. So i really don't get what you mean by wasted opportunity.

11. Miami (10 of 24)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

That makes no sense. Teams never get the National Championship bump the year they won. Its always the next year because the team is able to use them being the defending champion as a pitch for an entire year.
Just because you wont the championship in january doesn't mean everyone is going to want to sign with you by february. Trust me, Clemson will consistently mention how they are the defending champs. So i really don't get what you mean by wasted opportunity.

Do you get a bounce the next season for "We beat out Pitt for THIRD in the Coastal! We will soon have a team capable of competing with UNC and YOU can be part of it"?

Advertisement

11. Miami (10 of 24)
27. UNC (5 of 21)
35. PITT (3 of 23)
45. Duke (1 of 22)
54. Virginia (0 of 25)

Yeah it doesn't make sense at all because they've only had 23 days to use the championship as a recruiting tool. Next year Clemson will be able to brag about it for the whole recruiting cycle. They already have a good chance to sign the top 3 players in the country next year....

Maryland isn't going to win.. still not enough playmakers there. They will still be behind osu, meatchicken, psu, and wisky.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back