ACC 2022 Kickoff Meetings begin Wed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
On Don Chaney:
Cristobal says the talented running back, a former four-star recruit, is ready to start fall camp. “He has really changed his approach to conditioning and attacking the things he needs to in order to be capable of withstanding the rigors of being an elite running back. It is time to step up in that room and part of that is being relied upon down after down. We are going to keep pushing him harder because we believe he has tremendous potential.”

- Van Dyke expects Miami’s run game, which ranked 97th in the country while averaging 127 yards per game and 3.69 yards per carry, to be improved in this new offensive system that coordinator Josh Gattis is installing. “Last year we only had one healthy running back,” Van Dyke said. “Coach Cristobal and coach Gattis are really emphasizing the run game and I think that will open up the play-action pass game. We tried to throw the ball 40 times a game last year and it was harder than it had to be.”

“We didn’t really have those pulling guards, pulling tackles, and gap scheme last year. It was just inside zone and it didn’t really work well. We had to rely on throwing the ball a lot, so I am excited for the run game and being more balanced.”

He crushed that. That line about a new ID and SS was hilarious. I hate how people keep asking about that **** chain. They’re making it a bigger deal than what it really is.
Not sure why that particular news surfaced today but Mario seemed a bit annoyed/uncomfortable talking about it. In spite of what some (on this board) think, it was a very good PR thing bringing attention from the media (that can't be bought with advertising) and a lot of programs copied it one way or the other so in that regard I question getting rid of it. Also, the players liked it. However, it's a new era at the U as everyone knows.

Advertisement
Not sure why that particular news surfaced today but Mario seemed a bit annoyed/uncomfortable talking about it. In spite of what some (on this board) think, it was a very good PR thing bringing attention from the media (that can't be bought with advertising) and a lot of programs copied it one way or the other so in that regard I question getting rid of it. Also, the players liked it. However, it's a new era at the U as everyone knows.
It’s to grab the attention of the casuals. You can tell Mario was practically rolling his eyes when it came up lol.

- Van Dyke expects Miami’s run game, which ranked 97th in the country while averaging 127 yards per game and 3.69 yards per carry, to be improved in this new offensive system that coordinator Josh Gattis is installing. “Last year we only had one healthy running back,” Van Dyke said. “Coach Cristobal and coach Gattis are really emphasizing the run game and I think that will open up the play-action pass game. We tried to throw the ball 40 times a game last year and it was harder than it had to be.”

“We didn’t really have those pulling guards, pulling tackles, and gap scheme last year. It was just inside zone and it didn’t really work well. We had to rely on throwing the ball a lot, so I am excited for the run game and being more balanced.”

Part of the reason our O-line struggled is because our running plays/play calling was about as predictable as humanly possible. I expect TVD is right, a better run game will make things so much easier for him this year.

Lmao inside zone on 3rd and long will forever live in infamy.

Advertisement
1) Harvey must be watching Cobra Kai cause that was a quick, witty answer.

2) Mentioned months ago that one of the things Cristobal and Gattis probably bonded over in the film room was misdirection, pulling guards and plays that can develop due to the OL being physical AND moving around in a dynamic way.

I cannot wait to see this offense pound people and then trick them with some good old gadget plays from when they least expect it.

dave-chapelle-run.gif

Miami at the secret "We are all staying in the ACC, right?"meeting today.

Advertisement
Back