ACC 2022 Kickoff Meetings begin Wed

Advertisement
Phillips should have had a teleprompter instead of what were probably note cards. He spent more time looking down than up. Makes me think someone else wrote his speech and filled it with a bunch of platitudes. Phillips had clearly not rehearsed his remarks. Or worse, he had rehearsed them and that was still the best speech he could give. Not a good look and certifiably uninspiring at the wrong time to be uninspiring.

Advertisement
Phillips should have had a teleprompter instead of what were probably note cards. He spent more time looking down that up. Makes me think someone else wrote his speech and filled it with a bunch of platitudes. Phillips had clearly not rehearsed his remarks. Or worse, he had rehearsed them and that was still the best speech he could give. Not a good look and certifiably uninspiring at the wrong time to be uninspiring.
exactly what I thought. It was like the first time he ever saw it...

exactly what I thought. It was like the first time he ever saw it...
I assume you agree that is a terrible look at any time for a conference commissioner but especially now when it is clear the SEC and Big Ten and coming to to take teams over the next few years. Now maybe he just isn’t a good public speaker and that isn’t really a end-all be-all job requirement for conference commissioner. But if that is the case you would expect him to have practiced the speech.
I have always found it easy to memorize what I write, especially for court, and difficult to memorize someone else’s words, like reciting a play or passages from a book. The act of writing and thinking is itself a way a memory technique but when you don’t write the words you have not thought the words.

I think Mario is a genius for taking Harvey. Some guys need to feel like they’re the man in sports & something goes off in their head. Confidence thing. I think this is gonna send his confidence through the roof & it will show on the field. If not Mario loses nothing by doing this.

Advertisement
I assume you agree that is a terrible look at any time for a conference commissioner but especially now when it is clear the SEC and Big Ten and coming to to take teams over the next few years. Now maybe he just isn’t a good public speaker and that isn’t really a end-all be-all job requirement for conference commissioner. But if that is the case you would expect him to have practiced the speech.
I have always found it easy to memorize what I write, especially for court, and difficult to memorize someone else’s words, like reciting a play or passages from a book. The act of writing and thinking is itself a way a memory technique but when you don’t write the words you have not thought the words.
Almost like Kenny Bania giving a speech on risk management on Seinfeld.

Have to agreed with Hoyacane that’s right on. Listening to Wake Forest defend their $100M investment in football sounded like a perturbed child. Everyone knows the ACC is in trouble. What a terrible TV contract till 2036. What management and lawyers signed off on such a ridiculous deal should have all their fees and paychecks confiscate. Total incompetence.

Advertisement
I tried to be optimistic about Phillips because at least his resume/background displayed no clear line to being subservient to the Carolina schools.

But new boss same as the old boss in that they're both obviously small-minded and reactionary versus anything resembling the extreme proactive aggressiveness that would be required to even having a Hail Mary shot at saving the conference let alone making it even remotely competitive financially.

We need out and I'm fine even if it means getting in bed with the hilljacks. Pawwwllll's themesong is growing on me. I may even start vacationing in Destin. It wasn't about slavery, it was about states' rights....
You should be a comic. Good post!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back