Absolutely gigantic game for Diaz Sat

Advertisement
You're joking, right? The ACC can't possibly accommodate all 14 ACC teams with easy games after their tough games. And why are we acting like we need breaks anyway? Penn State traveled to Iowa, came home for Michigan, then went to Michigan State - in three straight weeks. And we're upset because we have to play Louisville after FSU??????
Who's upset? Just saying the schedule this year was weird af.
We played two low level teams back to back and then we have 6 ACC games in a row, I don't care what PSU is doing with their schedule either. Somebody pointed out that UM has no say in the ACC schedule, so my theory is already busted, anyway this schedule was sorry and I still think it was a bad job by both UM and the ACC.

He's got to show that he can get the team ready to play every week, something he hasn't done yet. We have to be ready to play this week from the opening kick, not let Louisville take a 14 point lead in the 1st. We have to be able to play as a favorite.
Perfectly stated.

There is so many people who post on this board who want to see a loss Saturday so they can slither out from underneath there rocks. They're ****ed about the last two weeks but Manny is about to push his 8-------------------) further down their throats
I was never that impressed with Manny as a DC and he sure would never have been my pick for HC but I never root against my Canes. I will say, when was the last time Miami cause the other team's HC to be fired after the game? Of course none of us wanted Willie fired but still Manny gets star for that. I hope he wins out -- there is no way our panty-waist BOT, AD or administration was going to fire Manny this year. What distubs me most is that in several games, including the first two, we had lead late in forth and Manny's signature thing, his defense and hand picked successor, screwed up and gave up the winning score.

Forgetting sdome glaring recruiting questions and history of being first ear wonder, his strongest suit is not good enough. Winning out will not erase the fact that he should have started 2 - 0 and won the state of Florida his first year. Beating Noles like a drum is good stuff now the only coach in the ACC Manny could out coach is gone. Losing close games late in the 4th is a nole hallmark and Manny is a nole, keep that in mind before you crow so loud. We will never, never, ever get a pity title like Bobby's first one, so if Manny can't shake the feathers off of himself he is gone and it is only a matter of time. This is Miami and we never keep a loser for 20 years waiting and hoping.

Advertisement
This is like tennis and we just broke serve. If we don't consolidate the break and win our serve it was all for nothing.

Everyone feeling really good around here and as we should, but all this talk about turning the corner on the season and making the FSU game bigger than what it actually was -- one game -- is premature. Carry the momentum we currently have on offense, continue playing as we have on defense the past month and get this W. It will get real ugly, and rightfully so, if that doesn't happen.

Who's upset? Just saying the schedule this year was weird af.
We played two low level teams back to back and then we have 6 ACC games in a row, I don't care what PSU is doing with their schedule either. Somebody pointed out that UM has no say in the ACC schedule, so my theory is already busted, anyway this schedule was sorry and I still think it was a bad job by both UM and the ACC.

Again, how is the ACC supposed to accommodate 14 teams by giving them open weeks after every tough game? It's easy to say "they did a bad job", but you have no solution.

This is like tennis and we just broke serve. If we don't consolidate the break and win our serve it was all for nothing.

Everyone feeling really good around here and as we should, but all this talk about turning the corner on the season and making the FSU game bigger than what it actually was -- one game -- is premature. Carry the momentum we currently have on offense, continue playing as we have on defense the past month and get this W. It will get real ugly, and rightfully so, if that doesn't happen.

Good analogy.

Pitt was ok. FSU was fun. None of it means a single thing if you go out and lose as a home favorite again. You're right back to the same old staff.

Advertisement
I'm sure Manny knows this but I have my doubts about the team being up for this game. Playing down to the competition is the new normal here going back several years. Senior Day, homecoming, all of that stuff. It never seems to matter lol.

He's got to show that he can get the team ready to play every week, something he hasn't done yet. We have to be ready to play this week from the opening kick, not let Louisville take a 14 point lead in the 1st. We have to be able to play as a favorite.

💯

Advertisement
My favorite are the people that have fully succumbed to recency bias. A close win where we got 200 yards of offense vs. Pitt and and nice win vs the worst fsu team ever should have us feeling good? We still have a lot of the same issues that haven’t turned the corner. We lost to a GT team at home that probably won’t beat another P5 team this year. Pardon my skepticism. This will be a dog fight 100%

Advertisement
I was never that impressed with Manny as a DC and he sure would never have been my pick for HC but I never root against my Canes. I will say, when was the last time Miami cause the other team's HC to be fired after the game? Of course none of us wanted Willie fired but still Manny gets star for that. I hope he wins out -- there is no way our panty-waist BOT, AD or administration was going to fire Manny this year. What distubs me most is that in several games, including the first two, we had lead late in forth and Manny's signature thing, his defense and hand picked successor, screwed up and gave up the winning score.

Forgetting sdome glaring recruiting questions and history of being first ear wonder, his strongest suit is not good enough. Winning out will not erase the fact that he should have started 2 - 0 and won the state of Florida his first year. Beating Noles like a drum is good stuff now the only coach in the ACC Manny could out coach is gone. Losing close games late in the 4th is a nole hallmark and Manny is a nole, keep that in mind before you crow so loud. We will never, never, ever get a pity title like Bobby's first one, so if Manny can't shake the feathers off of himself he is gone and it is only a matter of time. This is Miami and we never keep a loser for 20 years waiting and hoping.

Yes, this is Miami. Where for some odd unfathomable reason, the AD continues to make the same blunders when it comes around to hiring a hopeful competent " sky is the limit " head coach. Go figure.

My favorite are the people that have fully succumbed to recency bias. A close win where we got 200 yards of offense vs. Pitt and and nice win vs the worst fsu team ever should have us feeling good? We still have a lot of the same issues that haven’t turned the corner. We lost to a GT team at home that probably won’t beat another P5 team this year. Pardon my skepticism. This will be a dog fight 100%

You can be a skeptic all you want, but you're also a massive downer if you can't feel good after beating FSU. More to the point, if you're gonna call people out for recency bias, then you can't turn around and view the teams performance in game 1 (or game 7 for that matter) the same as game 9. Although a lot of people on here seem to not understand this, teams actually improve throughout the year and if you can't see the improvement week over week that this team and coaching staff have made then I don't know what to tell you.

The reason for optimism is we finally played a complete game in all three phases. It has been a long time since we've actually done that and it's especially sweet against our biggest rival. Manny's message about attention to details, preparation and practicing with a purpose translating to the game became credible.

Yes there's way to much "**** riding coaches". Some folks follow coaches like if they were idols, and they are held in like a Messiah status... we see that kind of activity here with the hypothetical coach wish lists that are posted. Welcome to CIS.
You ain't lying. Some of the best **** riders on Earth are found here...

Advertisement
Back