Absolutely gigantic game for Diaz Sat

Advertisement
I've got a good feeling about this one, L'ville's defense is 98th in pts allowed and 101 overall, we should be able to score and our defense is up to 14th.

I've got a good feeling about this one, L'ville's defense is 98th in pts allowed and 101 overall, we should be able to score and our defense is up to 14th.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but as I said, 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses in the last 6 years post-FSU.

We should have beaten all those teams. But we didn't. If Manny is the answer, he wins this game on Saturday. Can't continue to perform like all the other failures who have come before you if you want to be the one who turns this thing around.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time we should have done well against a team because everyone else did..... ****, I might have as much as James Jackson's Brother.

Advertisement
I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.
139306.jpg

Louisville has played 2 road games this season. One they lost to slick Willie, the other they won a shoutout against WF when apparently the Defenses stayed home. Clemson beat them handily and held them to 263 yards total offense. I put our defense close to what Clemson has to offer, plus we are at home. There is no reason this should not be a 31-13 type game. Agreed with OP in that this is a big time game for Diaz to prove he can get these kids prepared and ready game in and game out.

Advertisement
Maybe it's crazy talk, but why would UM schedule an ACC opponent after UF and FSU is beyond me, seems like little attention to details. We had CMU/Bethune/FIU to buffer those games, but we ended up with UNC on the road, Pitt on the road and Louisville.
I don't know when this year schedule was set, but having Pitt and FSU on the road back to back was bad, this year schedule is as much of a indicment of our AD as anything else.
FIU after UF, CMU before FSU and Bethune after would be ideal.

You're joking, right? The ACC can't possibly accommodate all 14 ACC teams with easy games after their tough games. And why are we acting like we need breaks anyway? Penn State traveled to Iowa, came home for Michigan, then went to Michigan State - in three straight weeks. And we're upset because we have to play Louisville after FSU??????

I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.
I haven't budged from the 1st Boat...

The D played great last week.
This week, we may be back to bend, but don't break mode because of a QB that can move.
The fact that we can't add 3 on the scoreboard till we're inside the 15 hurts.

Throw out the Clemson game and over the last month, they have 3 nice wins vs BC, UVA, and Wake.
All of them close.

They've give up an average of 2 TD's per game in the 4th.
3 TD's per game in the 4th on the road.

I see a close game.
We win the 4th quarter, maybe pad the point spread cover late.

Given the FSU letdown pattern, let's just get of of HRS with a win on Saturday.
We can pick up style points down the line vs FIU and Duke.

Last edited:
Advertisement

If they were a legit staff they wouldn’t be 3-3 in conference play & 5-4 overall with the schedule we played & the overall talent advantages we have had weekly. Don’t buy the snakeoil just because we beat the breaks off of the worst FSU most people have ever seen. Fly the fookin banners & keep exposing this suave smooth talking conartist for what he is.

Agree 💯% with OP, this is as big a game as we will play the rest of the year. Beat Lville FIU and Dook, finish with a W in the bowl game and we are trending in the right direction. Still not sold on Manny, but get this done and I will start to think he could potentially be the guy. We will see.

Advertisement
Big article in Courier Journal about their keys to beating the Canes....had trouble accessing all of it. Sounds like they're concerned about Rousseau.

:stormwarningflag-sm:

Great post OP, this game is a real test. I posted earlier this week that it's easy to get the team ready to play FSU, it takes some real coaching to have them playing like that the week after. Frankly based on past performances this season, I'm not real confident about us playing with that same intensity. UL's offense can really make us pay if we don't bring our A game.

Advertisement
Back