Absolutely gigantic game for Diaz Sat

Advertisement
Another reason winning out the regular season is huge is to set a positive vibe heading into early signing day. UF is winning and ranked, so they’re set. FSU, for a bad as they have been, can win the PR war with a splash hire. Especially if Miami loses to Louisville and Duke, and god forbid FIU.

He's a 1st year coach. Team went 7-6 last year and I see us going 9-4. Which is a huge turnaround with momentum going into next year to kick *** with an more experienced team.
There's some people that believe they have a clairvoyant football acumen, and they can predict the future based on some indicators. However, my argument is that it's too early to make future assumptions about Diaz. But for some there isn't any future and they've already convicted him of ineptitude... and these wins just prolong the gallows construction effort.

Advertisement
There's some people that believe they have a clairvoyant football acumen, and they can predict the future based on some indicators. However, my argument is that it's too early to make future assumptions about Diaz. But for some there isn't any future and they've already convicted him of ineptitude... and these wins just prolong the gallows construction effort.
It's a **** shame too, I thought everyone on this board were Canes fans but these m.f being rooting for other schools and **** riding other coaches.

It's a **** shame too, I thought everyone on this board were Canes fans but these m.f being rooting for other schools and **** riding other coaches.
Yes there's way to much "**** riding coaches". Some folks follow coaches like if they were idols, and they are held in like a Messiah status... we see that kind of activity here with the hypothetical coach wish lists that are posted. Welcome to CIS.

Beating FSU and Pitt doesn’t make Miami a good team or erase the disappointment of the first half of the season.

But beating them and Louisville and FIU and rolling into Durham at Thanksgiving with a chance to go to a decent bowl and win 9 games helps out a little. And gives some hope headed forward that maybe Manny might be decent here, which was NOT there 2 weeks ago.
Agreed.

Advertisement
Spot on OP. At the start of the year who even remembered when this game was right?

Part of getting the U “back” is simply winning the games you should win. This is one of those games.

If you are a good football team you win this game.

I would be shocked and really upset if we come out flat. I can’t see these guys lacking for emotion. With it being homecoming and Sr. Day. And knowing that it’s the end of Shaqs and Pickney Era. I expect those two to set the tone in a big way.

Advertisement
sabado.jpg

Im ****ed because Miami hired a bozo to run its football team. But keep on celebrating those 7-5 seasons this **** will produce.
How about we get to the end before you predict a record? No matter what, he's here through next season barring a Taggart situation. So maybe he'll develop over that time and we won't be disappointed. Either way, no use *****ing for another year or so.

Maybe it's crazy talk, but why would UM schedule an ACC opponent after UF and FSU is beyond me, seems like little attention to details. We had CMU/Bethune/FIU to buffer those games, but we ended up with UNC on the road, Pitt on the road and Louisville.
I don't know when this year schedule was set, but having Pitt and FSU on the road back to back was bad, this year schedule is as much of a indicment of our AD as anything else.
FIU after UF, CMU before FSU and Bethune after would be ideal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m honestly somewhat surprised this isn’t being discussed more on here, although after throttling FSU last weekend, I get it.

But this game is gigantic for Manny. If the last 2 weeks were truly a “turning of the corner” for the future of Manny’s tenure, he’s gotta start differentiating himself from the previous failures. In the last 6 games after the FSU game, Miami is 1-4 ATS with 4 outright losses. Meaning, there’s almost ALWAYS a let down after FSU week, win or loss. He’s gotta figure out a way to win despite what will probably not be their A+ game.

Also, Louisville is suddenly the flavor of the month. I saw an ACC power rankings today that had Louisville #3. Miami was #5. The line is less than a TD. Everyone is on the Louisville bandwagon due to their rapid improvement from last year, so this is a perfect opponent to make another statement against what’s suddenly looked at as a good team. They’re also coming off a bye week. They’ll be ready.

If Manny and these dudes are a legit staff, they’ll find a way to beat a coach who made his bones at App State and doesn’t have as much talent. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Another home loss as a favorite and everyone is right back in the same boat.

Amen.

Maybe it's crazy talk, but why would UM schedule an ACC opponent after UF and FSU is beyond me, seems like little attention to details. We had CMU/Bethune/FIU to buffer those games, but we ended up with UNC on the road, Pitt on the road and Louisville.
I don't know when this year schedule was set, but having Pitt and FSU on the road back to back was bad, this year schedule is as much of a indicment of our AD as anything else.
FIU after UF, CMU before FSU and Bethune after would be ideal.
UM has no control over the ACC scheduling.

Advertisement
Back