Absolute Blasphemy

Way OT but there are some sad *** cemeteries in Florida in general. I'd sooner be cremated and used to cut locally sourced cocaine than be put in the ground under I-95 or next to the Palmetto.

Advertisement
This is obviously impossible to prove, but in my view he was the most important cane on some of the most important teams in the history of the sport. This guy, on and off the field was a legend. Like i said, most important player on some of the most important teams in the history of college football and get this- NOT ONLY IS HE STiLL NOT IN THE COLLEGE HALL- THERE ARE SeVEraL Other PLAYERS IN THE HALL that played AT THE SAME **** TIME AS HIM- AT THE SAME **** POSITION! It's debatable if he is the most deserving of all the players from the mid 80s, but you are going to tell me that there are several DTs that played in the mid 80s that deserved it over JEROME? ****** insane.
He invented UM Swagger....Plain and Simple..

College Football "Hall of Fame" is a travesty with its membership requirements for both players and coaches.
right..but what has been claimed by tom osborne that jerome is not in because he was never an all american is false. Jerome was. He is eligible and it is insane that he is not in it. Like gino..i get it, he won the heisman. But come on, there are not any canes fans that truly believe he deserves the hall over Jerome.

When I played pop Warner we use to smash Brooksville. Then the clock moves forward and my sr year they beat us 72-0. That town is kind of a **** hole unless you want to go ride motorcycles at crooms.

Advertisement
Not a single doubt in my mind, JB didn't die young, he, too, would be in the NFL HOF.
Just the fact he looked at a Head Referee and told him "We're the Boss" on National T.V puts him in CaneinOrlando's HOF....Most Savage Moment in UM FB History....and while Zo is basically calling Boz a Bit*h is Savage to the 10th degree...

right..but what has been claimed by tom osborne that jerome is not in because he was never an all american is false. Jerome was. He is eligible and it is insane that he is not in it. Like gino..i get it, he won the heisman. But come on, there are not any canes fans that truly believe he deserves the hall over Jerome.

I understand, I was just pointing out why a lot of "obvious" choices are not in.

Also, a few years ago, when Miami had almost nobody in the CF HOF, I talked to a few people, and like some other rinky-dink Hall of Fames (the Radio Hall of Fame, if anyone listens to the Stern Show), there's a lot of politicking involved, and I don't think there has been much of an effort made from Paul Dee until the current day.

There is also no set process for "nominees" that makes it clear that certain players are now eligible for the first time, such as when Jeter comes up for the baseball HOF balloting for the first time. There is an excitement around "first time HOF nominees" in pro sports that just isn't the same for the CF HOF.

So for Miami's ENTIRE HISTORY, we got our FIRST guy in 1987, Ted Hendricks. He played his last college game in 1968, and he was eligible 10 years later, and it STILL took nearly 20 years for him to be inducted.

Then we had a 16 year period when NOBODY from Miami was selected. Here are the PLAYERS selected (I am omitting the coaches):

1987 - Ted Hendricks
1990 - Don Bosseler
2006 - Bennie Blades
2009 - Gino Torretta
2011 - Russell Maryland
2013 - Vinnie Testaverde
2018 - Ed Reed

FIVE players from the modern era that produced five national championship teams.

And it took 17 years (Torretta) and 27 years (Testaverde) to induct HEISMAN F-ING TROPHY WINNERS.

It's ridiculous.

Advertisement
Somebody spray roundup all around it...and spray a big 🙌 in the middle of the cemetery while you’re at it🙌🙌🙌

Just for fair comparison, how many of his peers at the time are in? Say a 3 year before and after window?

I'm by no means saying he doesn't deserve to be in, but with all of the teams and players in colkege football, I would think they would have to be extremely picky. That's where awards and accolades would come in and if you didn't have them, you could still be great, but how do you choose at that point?

Also, how many per year approximately?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back