Aazaar Abdul -Rahim the bagman at Maryland

DancingBear

Recruit
Premium
Abdul-Rahim is the Defensive back coach at Maryland after a two year stint at Alabama as an assistant director of player personnel where he learn his craft from the best bagmen in the country.He is from the D.C. Area.Macfarland mention him is one of the key reasons he flipped to Miami after his visit Tuesday night.Connect the dots...Sabans top bagman was Kirby Smart and you can see the difference in recruiting he is making at Georgia.This all happens with the condoning eyes of the NCAA leader ,Emmert,who hired Saban at LSU.His protgs are following the same methods that have worked so well at Bama .

Advertisement
Don't tell these people that... There's still a lot of naive cats on here that think Mac chose MD because "he wants to stay home" Lol...

Maryland had 4 committed RB's ahead of him already in their class, McFarland was 100% Miami until literally 2 days ago...

Like I said over in that Jeff Thomas thread, we got swooped at the last minute because his family got bagged... So when pops says Coach Brown was saying the "same old, same old", that meant we weren't willing to match or double the final offer made by MD who he had dinner with the night before. It's really that simple lol

I've said it a dozens of times & I'll say it again... If you want the recruit (especially this late in the game) you have to pay up.

Now with that said, I don't think it's the end of the world that we didn't get McFarland, as long as we get Thomas, Dean & Edwards this class is still top 10... Landing any of the other prospects is a luxury.

Last edited:
Don't tell these people that... There's still a lot of naive cats on here that think Mac chose MD because "he wants to stay home" Lol...

Maryland had 4 committed RB's ahead of him already in their class, McFarland was 100% Miami until literally 2 days ago...

Like I said over in that Jeff Thomas thread, we got swooped at the last minute because his family got bagged... So when pops says Coach Brown was saying the "same old, same old", that meant we weren't willing to match or double the final offer made by MD who he had dinner with the night before. It's really that simple lol

I've said it a dozens of times & I'll say it again... If you want the recruit (especially this late in the game) you have to pay up.

Only the naive thinks McFarland's recruitment was clean. That kid was locked up to Miami for months and literally said he saw Thomas Brown like a brother. All of a sudden he has to go to a restaurant where his dad is waiting with 4 coaches and is forced to tell them that he's going to pick Miami. And in the blink of an eye, he's all Maryland. Thomas Brown didn't get out recruited for McFarland. He's been on him for 2 recruiting cycles - he got outbagged.

Unfortunately, the family doesn't do much research. Even in Miami's worst decade, we still churn out pros on a consistent basis - especially at RB. The family got assumingly thousands in the short-term but may have sacrificed millions in the long-term.

Only the naive thinks McFarland's recruitment was clean. That kid was locked up to Miami for months and literally said he saw Thomas Brown like a brother. All of a sudden he has to go to a restaurant where his dad is waiting with 4 coaches and is forced to tell them that he's going to pick Miami. And in the blink of an eye, he's all Maryland. Thomas Brown didn't get out recruited for McFarland. He's been on him for 2 recruiting cycles - he got outbagged.

Unfortunately, the family doesn't do much research. Even in Miami's worst decade, we still churn out pros on a consistent basis - especially at RB. The family got assumingly thousands in the short-term but may have sacrificed millions in the long-term.

Up vote.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He can't sign until Wed right?

Money aside, why would anyone want to go to Maryland? LOL

Advertisement
Nobody knows what happened other than Maryland coaches, the player, and his family. Maybe it was bags, maybe not. When other recurits flip to Miami in the last minute, do other fan bases blame it on bags? Serious question

Similar things started happening at Ole Miss 5 or so years ago. All of a sudden top recruits wanted to play there. Come on man. Anyone that thinks money isn't a factor really doesn't understand how these things work.

Advertisement
He can't sign until Wed right?

Money aside, why would anyone want to go to Maryland? LOL

Money..

Our bag man is trash.. he got the fcking rim grazer dunk package on 2k. Can't finish. 66 Overall in the recruiting world among Bag Men.

I'm just gonna assume his family was taking money from Maryland on the low during recruiting, told him at the restaurant, and guilt tripped (or Forced) him into going to Maryland because of it. Thats Trafficking.

I can agree that it seems this kid got broke off. But I think most fans over exaggerate the prevalence. Not every kid gets paid

Advertisement
Back