Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

this dude screams cancel culture

I bet you look up public salaries for all kinds of people and b*tch and whine about how they're overpaid too right?

clearly all of us are overpaid as well, so if you could go ahead and post your venmo we'll all start sending you portion of our salaries.

so sorry for those of us who are successful, we'll make sure to not let that happen again and stoop down to your level. You probably don't have an idea of what the word "capitalism" means but you my friend are worth what someone is willing to pay you and judging by how you tear people down on the internet and spend your time, I would say that's not very much
The fact I work for myself and have a team of staff means I'm kinda banking on capitalism working in my favour no?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if I analyze his following how many of his followers are bought bots...

@Rugby_guy .....I personally watched S&C approaches by 2 UM S&C coaches (Moffitt & Swasey)...One of them I became close to. I'm no expert by any stretch...but give me your honest opinion on Moffitt...I'll know all I need to know by your response..
I can't speak to him on a personal level but you'd guess 20 years at one place and 3 nattys tells you a lot.

On a technical level, solid.

In town for one day only like Elvis.

I hope you reconsider.

😥

Advertisement
1)

This is just wrong and not open to interpretation. It's an error you would not expect of an intern, rather than one of the highest paid strength coaches in football.

2)

Also wrong and not open to interpretation. Take your pick from research, basic understanding of training, or how the best track coaches in the world develop speed- it's wrong. Is it a puff piece of Tv? Yes. Is it wrong and nobody forced him to say it? Also yes.

3) Telling young athletes quote:

Speed requires power, power requires strength, strength requires mass. Play it in reverse and you get that weight gain = speed.

Wrong, not open to interpretation. The line of bodyweight and speed in the 40 at the combine points up not down. Don't confuse 18yos coming to the end of puberty with juniors and seniors gaining weight. Freshmen gain weight anyway because they suddenly get free food and stop being 3 sport athletes and train seriously. Juniors and seniors have already gained the weight they're going to gain, and by then sudden weight gain is going to slow them down rather than make them fast.

Its perfectly possible he's a great guy who cares about his athletes and I'm not saying otherwise. He's also raised money for charity- commendable. He also repeatedly puts out misinformation that others in our field take as gospel because of logo fever, which means athletes, parents, schools etc. are being underserved. All those things can be true at the same time.

At the end of the day, institutions have a moral responsibility to their stakeholders to get the biggest return on their investment. To do otherwise is a failure and a misallocation of money. What is more likely- this guy is the single best candidate available in the USA and he was selected after a rigorous interview process, or he was handpicked by a guy with no formal training in distinguishing good training from bad?

Should it be me? No thank you. But here's 10 guys off the top of my head with PhDs (or soon to be) who are demonstrably more capable and whose athletes love them just as much:

Aaron Wellman
Matt Rhea & David Ballou
Brad DeWeese
Justin Lima
Nick DiMarco
Kris Robertson
Erik Korem
Cameron Josse
Shea Thompson

That power clean video is really bad. There is no way to spin that in a good light for Feld.

Depends on position. Closer to the snap, more force less speed. Further from the snap the reverse.
Right, then why critique snippets made for mass (general) consumption through a focused lens of solely speed?

I have no doubt of your knowledge on the matter or your training. But I have serious doubt as to your motive.

It seems likely to me that what you seek and serve with this is simply marketing/promotion. You are trying to gain from the attention economy. So you seek out the most visible S&C professionals you can find (followers + content frequency) and seek to be provocative to benefit off his platform.

Advertisement
I can't speak to him on a personal level but you'd guess 20 years at one place and 3 nattys tells you a lot.

On a technical level, solid.
His work at UM during turbulent times was Magic. @Brooklyndee will wholeheartedly attest. At LSU he had a WEALTH of resources...something like he, and guys like Ray Ganong yrssss before him could only Dream of back then. Here's an actual Photo of UMs weight room that I took in 81...that's Ganong in orange shorts...You'd think I took a Pic at a nearby Middle school gym....
12219628_10205807323277752_7701238519337207105_n.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back