Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

Who wants to apologise first?

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
I never cared much for the feld hire. And the post early on in his tenure that highlighted injury concerns appears to have merit after this year.

However, this rugby dude who cares so much about what random people on the internet think he lurked for an entire year and saved screenshots so he could come here and gloat some day in the future is pathetic.

Rugby dude, maybe you should focus a little more about your mental health than how much you can lift.
Admit that he was right and I should keep my **** holster closed about things I have no qualif...png

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, and even forgot I posted in it lol.

I'd like to point out that I first wrote the original thread on Dec 8th, 2021 where I also listed my concerns about injuries before anyone.

Since I'm not really in the field anymore (although I maintain my education and certifications), I care way less about the nitty-gritty details of stuff like this than I used to, but I take the point.

Honestly, I'm astounded how much you get away with spouting off know-it-all bs around here without anyone calling you out. It sounds pertinent to you because you don't know anything about S&C. How about you take your own recommendation and research it yourself? @AlexCane is part of circles that know more about S&C than - literally - most people in the United States; everything he brought up is correct.

Did I hurt your feelings somehow?

I’m sorry I am just not up-to-date with all the bullshlt pseudoscience that some of these S&C guys spout.

Tons of injuries under feld. He had the same problem at Oregon. Definitely worth mario looking into it.

I dont think he will though.

Tons of injuries under feld. He had the same problem at Oregon. Definitely worth mario looking into it.

not an S and C expert or even an injury expert so who knows what the real answer is here (could it be a Mario thing w practices or a Feld thing?), but Mario brought Feld w him. he isnt firing him imo

Advertisement

Feeley was with FIU under Cristobal, so there is a relationship already there.

There’s no shame in canning Feld, admitting a mistake was made and bringing back Feeley.

Will it happen? Absolutely not. Because our HC is a stubborn man.

Advertisement
Did I hurt your feelings somehow?

I’m sorry I am just not up-to-date with all the bullshlt pseudoscience that some of these S&C guys spout.
I promise, you didn't hurt my feelings.

You gave a firm "recommendation" on learning how someone becomes a S&C coach to a guy on a national certification committee for strength coaches.

Respectfully, maybe recognize you don't always know everything and don't always have to say something.

I prefer feeley to feld based on just one season.

I’ve always been high on Feeley. He was left a mess by Felder and did his best to clean it up.

I actually asked in this very thread last year if it would be possible to somehow keep Feeley aboard after the Feld hire.

Rugby Guy also mentioned that Feeley is highly respected in the industry.

0C0A805F-9E95-433A-8835-E4C565EB2FE5.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I promise, you didn't hurt my feelings.

You gave a firm "recommendation" on learning how someone becomes a S&C coach to a guy on a national certification committee for strength coaches.

Respectfully, maybe recognize you don't always know everything and don't always have to say something.

I’ve never said I know the first thing about professional strength and conditioning training. But what I do know are people that have an axe to grind because they are envious and unsuccessful in their field.

I also know that people that are confident and sure of themselves don’t go on sites for teams that they actually have no interest in, to try to somehow clout score, based on something that they cannot even prove.

Just a lot of lazy theories about this guy or that guy caused injuries, with zero proof.

I’ve always been high on Feeley. He was left a mess by Felder and did his best to clean up it.

I actually asked in this very thread last year if it would be possible to somehow keep Feeley aboard after the Feld hire.

Rugby Guy also mentioned that Feeley is highly respected in the industry.
I liked Feeley too, but everyone around here hated him because he wasn't able to turn guys like Pope into Megatron. "Our guys look small out there! Why are we so slow off the ball?!"

Because he's a strength coach, not a wizard. He can't turn 3-stars into 5-stars. He did well with what he was given and our non-contact injuries were pretty low.

Also I'm told he implemented some aspects of PAP training which made me instantly like him since that's what some of my research in grad school was around. :love:

Advertisement
I liked Feeley too, but everyone around here hated him because he wasn't able to turn guys like Pope into Megatron. "Our guys look small out there! Why are we so slow off the ball?!"

Because he's a strength coach, not a wizard. He can't turn 3-stars into 5-stars. He did well with what he was given and our non-contact injuries were pretty low.

Also I'm told he implemented some aspects of PAP training which made me instantly like him since that's what some of my research in grad school was around. :love:
I'll also add: his guys certainly didn't look slow when Duke beat the brakes off of us this season.

Advertisement
Back