A win is a win, but.... (some thoughts on the Pitt victory)

Our WRs SUCK and are soft every week. Period.
True Bre in was out but Mallory did exactly what Brevin would have done
King has missed throws all year

maybe im Being to pessimistic??? I don’t know.

but I don’t have a lot of faith that we can run table when I see the o regressing and the d getting lucky drops

Our offense will need to play 5x better vs VT and NC. Agreed. We have to get better.

With that said, we scored 31 vs Pitt in an UGLY performance. 31. We should have beat that team by 21 - and they have a **** good defense.

7686231C-1B7C-451A-ADFD-194D272B479D.jpeg

Now think about where we were last year. Night and day. I think people need to take a step back. We are still going through growing pains on offense. I understand the frustration. But we need some context...

Advertisement
Our offense will need to play 5x better vs VT and NC. Agreed. We have to get better.

With that said, we scored 31 vs Pitt in an UGLY performance. 31. We should have beat that team by 21 - and they have a **** good defense.

View attachment 133824

Now think about where we were last year. Night and day. I think people need to take a step back. We are still going through growing pains on offense. I understand the frustration. But we need some context...
Very good point👍
i definitly can agree w that

**** I said on Gameday board our best three players are Bolden Headley and Borragales 😂

Couch was sticking to WRs like glue!

Pitt QB had a 47% completion percentage. Guys were acting like he completed 80% lol.

It’s football if a QB throws 45+ times guys are going to get some passes caught on them.

It’s more embarrassing that you pass 46 times and don’t get over 300 yards.
Yellen threw for darn near 80% in the 2nd half, but since you factor in his horrific start, you win

yeah Tecory is reminding me of Bandy when he came on his freshman year, hopefully he can finish his career at Miami a little better.

Bandy had the benefit of being out there with Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson—the best secondary Miami has had in a while.

Couch is doing more with less behind him—Bolden being the only prime time player in the secondary. Couch is impressive. He'll be a good one.

Couch was sticking to WRs like glue!

Pitt QB had a 47% completion percentage. Guys were acting like he completed 80% lol.

It’s football if a QB throws 45+ times guys are going to get some passes caught on them.

It’s more embarrassing that you pass 46 times and don’t get over 300 yards.
I saw Pitt with at least 5 clear drops in the game :

Advertisement
Several people have mentioned that UM needs to implement the 'pattern-match zone' that many others are employing, it's something that the staff should look into in the off-season. Our zone defense gets eaten unless the pressure is really good upfront

as for the fight, I like Lopez late
the confusing part is we recruit south Florida DB's who are known for being press coverage mano a mano : then we drop them into zone schemes, where all they do is stand in a spot, then react after the receivers catches the ball.

This board can be ridiculous. Pitt had some drops. So did the Canes. If this and if that. If is a game losers play. Show me a game with no drops. The stats are what they are and will never change because of ifs

Advertisement
Back