A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Advertisement
Half of P5 wasn't playing until this week. Wisconsin would dog walk us. So would half the Big 10. Minnesota lost yesterday, but they're just as good or slightly better than we are. I judge teams by how they play, not by their record. Just because we've beaten some awful teams and are 5-1 doesn't mean we're above-average; it just means we're a little better than the terrible teams we're struggling with.

Let's see how we look when we play the other average to slightly above-average teams left on our schedule. We are death struggling with really bad teams, so that makes us average in my eyes. Go beat VT and UNC, and I'll revisit my opinion on where we are. Smart people are open to adjusting their opinions based on changing facts.
This is why you’re a ******* legend.
New York Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
And we hammered Louisville last year and had death struggles with better Pitt and UVAG teams that we beat last year too.

We played decent games last year and lost the next week. That’s what average teams do. We had the worst offense in P5 and no kicker.

We are still flawed but all three phases are at least capable. If you don’t see significant improvement from last year, we are watching different games.

The thing is Manny will probably win enough games to stay off the hotseat. Talk about a rock & a hardplace. Dont want to see the team lose a bunch of games, but that means more job security for Manny & he aint ever going to win squat here. Just the facts. Stuck in purgatory still, shackled down by the incompetent athletic department.
Extension coming this offseason. I can assure you, Diaz isn’t letting Miami off the hook from that contract (like CMR) once our idiotic AD decides to go in a different direction.

Advertisement
We played decent games last year and lost the next week. That’s what average teams do. We had the worst offense in P5 and no kicker.

We are still flawed but all three phases are at least capable. If you don’t see significant improvement from last year, we are watching different games.
We're better at QB for sure. We're way better at K. I think we're worse on D and seemingly the same at HC from a motivational/preparation/tenacity standpoint. Overall, we're a little better than last year because of King and Lashlee/Justice/Likens being an upgrade over Perry/Williams and Penos/Barry/Stumblebum.

Being a little better than the abomination that was last year isn't good enough though. We were historically bad last year with what was maybe the worst coaching job I've ever seen at UM.

Let's see what happens the rest of the way. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Why do people think we are playing down to the competition? This is the 3rd time I have seen someone say this nonsense. This isn’t 2002 where we are playing down to Rutgers. Not even close!
This is why so many people get butthurt, they for some reason believe we play down to competition. This thinking that we have such overwhelming talent than everyone other than Clemson is dumbfounding.

LOL! I think the mopers now were the slurpers at the beginning of the season who had unrealistic expectations for this year and are now disappointed and the slurpers now were actually the mopers at the beginning of the season who had low expectations for this year who are actually now pleasantly surprised.

I guess I’m in that second category.

Advertisement
LOL! I think the mopers now were the slurpers at the beginning of the season who had unrealistic expectations for this year and are now disappointed and the slurpers now were actually the mopers at the beginning of the season who had low expectations for this year who are actually now pleasantly surprised.

I guess I’m in that second category.
How about there are people who see the way we've played the last 3 games and are disappointed that we're seemingly getting worse each week when good teams improve throughout the season?

Definitely an indictment on the staff but how much of a pass can we give the offense considering they’re all new? I’m more troubled by the mental lapses on the defensive side.
Good points and I agree.

As far as the offense, I just don’t know how much newness/familiarity impacts the ability to: formulate a good strategy or game plan, and also the effort that is shown in the execution of that game plan after 6 games in (which is the point where I am now questioning my habitual optimism about our coaching staff’s abilities).

Advertisement
How about there are people who see the way we've played the last 3 games and are disappointed that we're seemingly getting worse each week when good teams improve throughout the season?
Man, we are an average team that you can argue is playing over their heads. We’re not a very good team and never was going to be one this year.

I had lower expectations, Chise. Mediocre OL, average LBs and average CBs. We are playing better than I expected to be honest.

On paper we do have more talent than everyone we play other than Clemson. The difference is that we do not also have the same talent advantage where coaching is concerned. That talent level is what’s problematic.

Clemson’s staff beats us with our players if we swapped rosters and had a month to prepare for the game ala bowl games. I stamp that.

On paper we do have more talent than everyone we play other than Clemson. The difference is that we do not also have the same talent advantage where coaching is concerned. That talent level is what’s problematic.

Clemson’s staff beats us with our players if we swapped rosters and had a month to prepare for the game ala bowl games. I stamp that.
It’s definitely more competitive at a minimum. The coaching is showing to be the first hurdle.

Advertisement
Back