A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Dude, you're legit struggling hard to prove that we're above-average when we're not.

There is nothing to prove. Every objective number says we are above-average. Whether it's record, stats, rankings, analytics, whatever you want to throw out there. You need to rely on emotions and the "eye test" because that's all that's left.

Did those eyes watch Penn State lose to Indiana? What did you see that impressed you? I suspect those eyes aren't as discerning when they're watching other teams.

Miami was 13-13 over the past two years. 8-8 in conference. That's the definition of average. Advanced stats had us better if you're into analytics.

We're much better than those teams. The offense is better and the special teams are better. Anybody who says otherwise either blocked those years out or is reacting out of emotion.

Advertisement
we're a program struggling to break out of the pack in the worst P5 division

until we show different then that's what we are

the manny critics are rationally pointing out that this team is showing too many deficiencies to reasonably believe we're breaking out of the pack this year

and that's with an infusion of talent coming from transfers

Yeah bro idk what fans think that we’re 3rd tier at best. Lol yeah i was a manny believer until last night we’ll never be back with him at the helm.
I got destroyed for being real about it from the rip. I never understood why I got attacked on here....the reason I mope is cause this is the only team I truly love. So I get upset when I see us do stupid things just like when everyone watches a game and gets mad ....but get this imagine knowing that the guy they hired is a fraud from the jump.....imagine.....it's like watching them lose 50-0 to fsu.....that's why I mope that's why I'm mad.

we're a program struggling to break out of the pack in the worst P5 division

until we show different then that's what we are

the manny critics are rationally pointing out that this team is showing too many deficiencies to reasonably believe we're breaking out of the pack this year

and that's with an infusion of talent coming from transfers
When u need transfers its cause u whiffed that's bad

Last edited:
**** You ’Chise! FU for rubbing my nose in what I knew I had been watching — for weeks.

**** You for reiterating the two things I’ve hammered on this board from my first days, and been hammered for…that coaching is the number one ingredient (in fact, it‘s the top-10) and that the ACC is just that ****** of a conference. (I only disagree with you…that VT, UNC are anything to be afraid of. UNC lost to FSU for a reason; VT loses for the same reasons … they’re not nearly as good as their historical respect. Sound familiar)

**** You for reopening my scabbing memory of last year when I wrote paragraphs about Manny’s leadership to reveal a viscous pus oozing the lie that the wound was healed.

**** You for reminding me that I’m neither Morpheus nor the Oracle and believing in the one, is different than believing he’s the one. And I so wanted to believe.

**** You for saying this team is average. ****, it is; and I’ve known for weeks. I actually understand D$‘s point. Should the team be ranked where they are? Yes. But are there quite a few teams ranked below Miami in the SEC and B1G that would drag Miami for 4 quarters? Yup! But, even with the current pieces, could the team be better with elite leadership? Absolutely! And, that’s not my usual homer response. No, that’s years of watching football and understanding what makes organizations/management click.

I feel like Charlton Heston riding the horse at the end of Planet of the Apes, believing that he’s getting away only to see … the crown of the Statue of Liberty.

**** You, ‘Chise

*Silver lining: Nova does look like she has the good/good and I’m really not that interested in teaching her how to speak!

Solid post. Couldn't agree more.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget the living legend had Al Golden’s balls firmly cupped in his hands seasons after it was apparent to everyone else that he was a loser. So while I agree with a lot of what Al Golden’s #1 fan said, this could also be a case of PTSD. We shall see

**** You ’Chise! FU for rubbing my nose in what I knew I had been watching — for weeks.

**** You for reiterating the two things I’ve hammered on this board from my first days, and been hammered for…that coaching is the number one ingredient (in fact, it‘s the top-10) and that the ACC is just that ****** of a conference. (I only disagree with you…that VT, UNC are anything to be afraid of. UNC lost to FSU for a reason; VT loses for the same reasons … they’re not nearly as good as their historical respect. Sound familiar)

**** You for reopening my scabbing memory of last year when I wrote paragraphs about Manny’s leadership to reveal a viscous pus oozing the lie that the wound was healed.

**** You for reminding me that I’m neither Morpheus nor the Oracle and believing in the one, is different than believing he’s the one. And I so wanted to believe.

**** You for saying this team is average. ****, it is; and I’ve known for weeks. I actually understand D$‘s point. Should the team be ranked where they are? Yes. But are there quite a few teams ranked below Miami in the SEC and B1G that would drag Miami for 4 quarters? Yup! But, even with the current pieces, could the team be better with elite leadership? Absolutely! And, that’s not my usual homer response. No, that’s years of watching football and understanding what makes organizations/management click.

I feel like Charlton Heston riding the horse at the end of Planet of the Apes, believing that he’s getting away only to see … the crown of the Statue of Liberty.

**** You, ‘Chise

*Silver lining: Nova does look like she has the good/good and I’m really not that interested in teaching her how to speak!
Yo when tetra writes this long of a post u know we fuqed.

Also wow at dmoney still slurping.....u know we trash to dog and alot of the big ten teams would body us. And I can't believe cause Penn state lost to Indiana means we can beat PSU.....those games of who won and loss doesn't mean **** tbh. PSU would prolly be too physical for us.

So by this logic when we lost to FIU last year every other team should of beat us. But that didn't happen. We beat Loserville last year blew the doors off them and if they played FIU last year they beat them easily. Chise is right the ACC besides CU is buns and any team can beat any team....all the teams include us and if we can all beat each other I tell u what we ain't no **** second tier....second tier my axz.

We're 5-1 solely because we've played horrible teams. And we were in dog fights with a couple with our on field play trending downward. LOL at quoting scoring and D stats as proof that this UM team is above-average.
Care to project how we finish. Just wins and loses pls for the record.

Advertisement
Wisky finally has another standout QB, did you see that freshman of theirs? He looks really promising

BTW Im a big fan of Paul Chryst as a coach
Chryst is a really good football coach. His teams are always sound and compete with and beat teams with much higher rated recruits. I watched Mertz light up Lovie Smith on Friday night, and he's going to be awesome developing under Chryst. Mertz was a highly recruited QB, and we wanted him too.

There is nothing to prove. Every objective number says we are above-average. Whether it's record, stats, rankings, analytics, whatever you want to throw out there. You need to rely on emotions and the "eye test" because that's all that's left.

Did those eyes watch Penn State lose to Indiana? What did you see that impressed you? I suspect those eyes aren't as discerning when they're watching other teams.

Miami was 13-13 over the past two years. 8-8 in conference. That's the definition of average. Advanced stats had us better if you're into analytics.

We're much better than those teams. The offense is better and the special teams are better. Anybody who says otherwise either blocked those years out or is reacting out of emotion.
How about the objective measure of watching the games? You watched us play the last 3 games and think we're above-average? We're just lucky to have played the garbage we did the last 2 weeks. We're above-average in the luck of our schedule.

I got destroyed for being real about it from the rip. I never understood why I got attacked on here....the reason I mope is cause this is the only team I truly love. So I get upset when I see us do stupid things just like when everyone watches a game and gets mad ....but get this imagine knowing that the guy they hired is a fraud from the jump.....imagine.....it's like watching them lose 50-0 to fsu.....that's why I mope that's why I'm mad.
If you truly love this program, you can't be happy or encouraged after the last 3 weeks. If you're just playing the "we're 5-1" card, good luck with that.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget the living legend had Al Golden’s balls firmly cupped in his hands seasons after it was apparent to everyone else that he was a loser. So while I agree with a lot of what Al Golden’s #1 fan said, this could also be a case of PTSD. We shall see
Let's not forget, you're dead *** wrong on that. I'll ask that you not defame me in my thread, or I will be forced to initiate legal action against you.

We're much better than those teams. The offense is better and the special teams are better. Anybody who says otherwise either blocked those years out or is reacting out of emot

If you truly love this program, you can't be happy or encouraged after the last 3 weeks. If you're just playing the "we're 5-1" card, good luck with that.

that's the new '53-9'!!!

Haven't logged on all year. But I couldn't read morons defending this coach and acting as if this is a top 25 team. It's exactly what we were last year just with a transfer QB willing us to victory.

When did I know it was over? When we got dominated by Clemson. They exposed our biggest flaw, that wide receiver group is pathetic. But more so they showed we didn't have any tough guys outside Bolden and King. Our Offence has been putrid since and our D has thankfully not had to play anyone since.

I didn't expect us to win that game but I did expect us to show up. Ole Miss was hanging with Bama on the other network because at least Lane gets his team to compete. Manny's all headlines and fairy dust. I knew we'd revert back to being average after that game like we always do after a big loss. Rinse and Repeat. Same old Miami.

Advertisement
Our DL is a weakness of our team no matter how hard CIS wants to believe they're elite. We can barely rush the passer and play all out attacking vs the run and still can't get stops

I’m sure the metric is “compared to this team last season“ and that’s understandable, but it’s not anything close to beating a Clemson or the top 4 teams we keep referencing. What gets us competitive against those teams is 4 star or blue chip level coaching (coaching on the same skill level as our roster). No one can say that our coaching staff is 4 star or even anything higher than C level. I truly hop dudes are not anticipating James Williams, Leonard Taylor and Don Chaney etc to come in here and be the difference despite subpar coaching in games versus the top 5 teams in the nation.

Clemson is successful because their staff meets their talent where they are. They are equals and that’s what keeps team morale and effort up.

If we swapped staffs, Clemson’s staff would beat our staff, with our players.

The Clemson game was a “good loss” if our expectation level for our coaches is 9-3. But if that expectation level is anywhere above that then that was a bad loss to Clemson.

Clemson didn’t come with any wrinkles on offense nor defense. They didn’t do any other what they always do very well. With two weeks to prepare, our staff could manage one dent in their known plans. Now do we have the player talent to dent Clemson’s game plans with two weeks to prepare?

Yes the **** we do.
Definitely an indictment on the staff but how much of a pass can we give the offense considering they’re all new? I’m more troubled by the mental lapses on the defensive side.

I see now lol idk where we go from here Lol

Haven't logged on all year. But I couldn't read morons defending this coach and acting as if this is a top 25 team. It's exactly what we were last year just with a transfer QB willing us to victory.

When did I know it was over? When we got dominated by Clemson. They exposed our biggest flaw, that wide receiver group is pathetic. But more so they showed we didn't have any tough guys outside Bolden and King. Our Offence has been putrid since and our D has thankfully not had to play anyone since.

I didn't expect us to win that game but I did expect us to show up. Ole Miss was hanging with Bama on the other network because at least Lane gets his team to compete. Manny's all headlines and fairy dust. I knew we'd revert back to being average after that game like we always do after a big loss. Rinse and Repeat. Same old Miami.
This is balls on accurate. Our complete quit job no show against Clemson should have told anyone paying attention that it's more of the same here. We were completely unprepared schematically, emotionally, and from a standpoint of tenacity and toughness. It was like your uncle holding your forehead while you wild swing at his legs and miss by 3 feet.

The only thing separating this team from last year (or worse) is a few transfers (King, Bolden, Phillips, and Borregales). We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but we still have a couple of the better ACC teams in front of us.

Advertisement
Back