A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

My concern after 6 games is that we are looking worse and worse every week. There seems to be zero drive to be the best. It's like we let the FSU game go straight to our heads. Clemson didn't wake us up. We slept walked through Pitt, and again with Virginia. This team has no real fight in them, outside of a few. The only dog in any of them is this little fella...
1603650488953.png

Advertisement
Lies man... we beat teams with back up quarterbacks. Stop acting like we beat any team with a pulse. Take those green and orange glasses off. You know full well that we are playing subpar. We get inside our 10 and have three plays and then concede with a punt. Our CB's are mediocre except for Couch. Our DEs are elite. We all knew they have running quarterbacks. Yet we allowed them to run.

It was a bad performance. We were lucky to win.

But people use the term “average” without considering the rest of the nation. There is a lot of bad football being played outside the Top 4. We’re playing less bad football than the other teams, which is why we’re 5-1.

This is a Top 25 team to me. It’s not a Top 5 team. It probably isn’t a Top 10 team. The story of the second half will be, “Are we closer to 10 or 25?”

Always hope for coaches to one day “get it” but it doesn’t happen often. Same goes for employees, players, etc. 4 straight Miami coaches where average Joe fans see the writing on The wall very early. Those fans have been right 4 straight times. I’m hoping this time we’re wrong but I wouldn’t count on it. That photo of Diaz sliding in the rain is an embarrassment to the tradition of this program. He may never live that one down
The vast majority of the time, people are who they show themselves to be the first time.

i dont care how bad other teams look

i just want a team that knows what to do and plays hard, plays to their potential.

we even had problems pre-snap with our wr knowing where to line up. we even lost a big play because of this.

wth is going on in practice? if this is that then no wonder we get worse with more practice time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even most of our best teams had a stinker or two each season, where they were fortunate to pull off the win. Not sure why people think THIS team should be better than that.

Be happy we survived and are 5-1. We have 2 weeks attempt to fix some of the issues. These upcoming 2 road games will make or break the season.

Wanting a team to convincingly beat a 1-3 squad with a QB rotation, a struggling pass defense, several key injuries, and a plethora of matchup advantages for Miami does not constitute "expecting a championship." That's a total strawman.

A good team should have blown the doors off of this UVag team, that is absolutely mired in a spiral. We struggled to win. That is concerning to anyone with three brain cells that rub together.

That's all spin. UVA played a ridiculous game last night. I have NEVER seen a team play QBs like that. They shot all the bullets and threw the gun. We were up 2 touchdowns late in the fourth. We were not going to blow them out. The only IDIOTS expecting a blow out are the irrational fans that are ****ed today. What was the point spread again?

Once you people begin to realize that this isn't the past and we aren't what we were, you can begin to appreciate being 5 and ******* 1with the lone loss being to clemson.

You folks don't accept incremental growth. You are like children that are being raised poorly. You lob these unattainable expectations on the team and coaches and get upset when your dumb *** expectations aren't met.

Y'all might not understand that with your general low IQ

We are 5-1. We are not the best team in the country, but it's coming. We are on track imo. Keep stacking wins and defeat the bye. That's the mission

Advertisement
That's all spin. UVA played a ridiculous game last night. I have NEVER seen a team play QBs like that. They shot all the bullets and threw the gun. We were up 2 touchdowns late in the fourth. We were not going to blow them out. The only IDIOTS expecting a blow out are the irrational fans that are ****ed today. What was the point spread again?

Once you people begin to realize that this isn't the past and we aren't what we were, you can begin to appreciate being 5 and ******* 1with the lone loss being to clemson.

You folks don't accept incremental growth. You are like children that are being raised poorly. You lob these unattainable expectations on the team and coaches and get upset when your dumb *** expectations aren't met.

We are 5-1. We are not the best team in the country, but it's coming. We are on track imo. Keep stacking wins and defeat the bye. That's the mission
The point spread opened at -10.5 and closed at -13.5 on most services. That's large, in case you were wondering.

"Once you people begin to realize that this isn't the past and we aren't what we were." Cue the 1st strawman of the response.

"You folks don't accept incremental growth."
And #2.

"You lob these unattainable expectations on the team and coaches and get upset when your dumb *** expectations aren't met."
And #3. I would think you'd be running out of hay at this point.

"You are like children that are being raised poorly."
You should write a book about how great your parents were. Future bestseller.

"Y'all might not understand that with your general low IQ." Of course not, I'm not on your plane, O Wise One of the Not-So-Lofty Expectations.

Look at the “fans” beating their chest bc we almost lost 😂😂😂. They want to be right about Manny so bad that this is what it comes to. We will just keep winning while y’all hope we lose to solidify your takes.

How about we lose to a team that’s not ranked #1 in the country before you all dislocate your shoulders jerking yourselves off.

I think we are very lucky to be 5-1 but hard to be as negative as others with that. We dropped 2 places in both polls - even with PS ahead of us losing, because the voters realize the performance was not up to par. I hope the players and coaches realize we are not playing up to par and do something positive about it over yet another BYE week.

The (veteran) WRs seem to have mostly pepped up, and I'll accept minority status for saying on pass plays the OL generally gives King enough time to do good things, yet he seems to fall short (sometimes literally) much of the time. He's looks unsure a lot and simply is not improving, which one would expect of a newer player getting comfortable or confident over time. That's my major concern; we are not playing enough younger guys to allow them to grow and improve, and the rest of the team is growing at about the same speed as the Arctic circle perimeter.

The point spread opened at -10.5 and closed at -13.5 on most services. That's large, in case you were wondering.

"Once you people begin to realize that this isn't the past and we aren't what we were." Cue the 1st strawman of the response.

"You folks don't accept incremental growth."
And #2.

"You lob these unattainable expectations on the team and coaches and get upset when your dumb *** expectations aren't met."
And #3. I would think you'd be running out of hay at this point.

"You are like children that are being raised poorly."
You should write a book about how great your parents were. Future bestseller.

"Y'all might not understand that with your general low IQ." Of course not, I'm not on your plane, O Wise One of the Not-So-Lofty Expectations.

Haha...not laughing with you btw

Advertisement

I didn't realize Manny is posting here. We all want to win and look good doing it, Sir.
Just do better job please. We will love you forever.

And I’ll ask you the same question you couldn’t answer last week: who are the best teams beyond the Top 4?

You like to tell us how much CFB you watch, so I’m not sure why you struggle to list examples. My guess is you don’t want to look bad when those teams lose.

I see an elite Top 4, a very promising Wisconsin team, and a bunch of teams with huge holes. We’ve beaten every team on our schedule within that group. That’s good.

Average does not mean “every team outside of the Top 4.” It means in the middle of everyone. We are better than that by any objective measure.
There’s a big difference between saying “anybody between No. 5 and No. 60 can beat each other on any given Saturday,” which is true, and that because of this, all these teams are average or of the same caliber, which is not true.

Indiana beat PSU yesterday. PSU’s post game win expectancy was over 95%. But forget yesterdays game... if PSU played Indiana 100x, PSU would win more times than they’d lose, because they are the better team. A ~50th ranked Indiana team is not the same caliber as a 5th ranked PSU team, even though they can beat them any given week and beat them yesterday.

We are 12th in today’s AP poll because we continue to win games, and that’s what matters. Realistically, we should be somewhere between 15-25, with my best guess being 17-19. A top 20 team is, by definition, above average, considering that 79 teams had already played coming into yesterday.

We are flawed and we all agree on that. But it feels different than 2017, when Rosier couldn’t hit the wide side of a barn and we were living off turnover luck. This team hasn’t played a complete game yet, and we haven’t seen the best of King. Hopefully we continue to improve and keep winning. The poster who started the thread saying we should root for losses is an idiot. Mopes will mope. I’m happy we are 5-1. Bring on NC State.

This will all get sorted out on the field. Enjoy it. As so many here have alluded, the losses may be coming UNLESS what happened with the WRs happens to some other parts of the team including coaching. And that’s improvement. I don’t care for the prediction game unless it’s positive. I rather hold out hope until “reality” smacks me in the face.

NC State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back