A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Steed made some mistakes but he played way better than McCloud. McCloud is downright bad. Jennings is just slow

I agree. Just wanted to highlight that Steed did make mistakes. But overall, he's been decent. You could say part of his slow development has been both injuries along with not getting reps (the main discussion point).

Advertisement
No. He’s talking about Don Bailey, Jr.

Edit: I guess he was talking about the other Jr but since I haven’t gone at anyone for bringing up Beau, I’m being even-handed.

Now, it looks like OP has asked for a thread ban so there’s that too.

How can it be p-analytical when Donnie Jr. doesn't even hold elected or appointed office? He's running Donnie Sr.'s business empire without consultation, as promised four years ago.

Franchise has done nothing wrong. Thread ban all the fake-butthurt complainers so they don't have to get all fake-offended by a joke made about a non-p-analytical businessman/hunter.

NcSt is the 5 rated team in the 15 team ACC. They are 4-2 and their only losses have come at the hands of ranked teams. They are not below average.

Our top receiving target has been out 3 games. That's not an excuse not to win.
Virginia tech is 3-2, they're not ranked. And conversely (while I'll say they beat a decent Wake team 45-42), the Wolfpack have beaten 3-3 Pitt, 1-4 UVA, and 1-5 Duke. UVA's only win - against Duke. Both those teams are an abomination.

LOL. This **** head is trying to get me banned from my own segment because I brought up a guy who holds no public office.

You're now banned from my segment. @RVACane please show this man the door.
He’s thread banned.
Does he surprise you with sneak karate attacks?
Flan is cato’s great grandson
41354D12-4822-481D-BC09-62B3AD2D0ADF.gif

Advertisement
I agree. Just wanted to highlight that Steed did make mistakes. But overall, he's been decent. You could say part of his slow development has been both injuries along with not getting reps (the main discussion point).
He has received zero reps in his career basically. He might as well be a redshirt freshman

Virginia tech is 3-2, they're not ranked. And conversely (while I'll say they beat a decent Wake team 45-42), the Wolfpack have beaten 3-3 Pitt, 1-4 UVA, and 1-5 Duke. UVA's only win - against Duke. Both those teams are an abomination.

We have to acknowledge it now. It is entirely possible that Clemson wins out and UM, ND, and UNC all finish with 2 losses, and then everyone else in the ACC may be .500 or worse.

How can it be p-analytical when Donnie Jr. doesn't even hold elected or appointed office? He's running Donnie Sr.'s business empire without consultation, as promised four years ago.

Franchise has done nothing wrong. Thread ban all the fake-butthurt complainers so they don't have to get all fake-offended by a joke made about a non-p-analytical businessman/hunter.
If people are gonna come into his Fireside Chats and try to troll or stir it up, it’s gonna go this way.

Advertisement
How does every team in the acc have 3 linebackers better then Miami... just checked in on nc state and all three would start here day one... manny is a complete disaster and anyone who dosent think otherwise is not paying attention to the obvious things

We're 5-1 and yes, King, who has been surprisingly one-dimensional, is a big reason for that, but we can't overlook Borreagles either. Remember all those games last year where we'd supposedly have been an 8 win team if we had a kicker? It looks like we're having them again. I don't expect us to look like Clemson, but I expect us to play better against Clemson. We gave them an easier time than UVA and Syracuse. That's coaching, it's unfortunately par for the course, and it's water under the bridge for this season.

We're 5-1. Our goal is to win as many game as possible and for once, finish strong and be in a respectable place at season's end, not limping into another off-season. Do that, and we can hold the recruiting class together. That is the key. If we lose more elite players and replace them with meh, we'll be 💩. Some teams coach meh, into, "hey, they ain't so bad." That's not us. We take meh, and lose to rotting elephant sized dung.

WR is the new CB, even though CB is still a problem. All those misses and bad evaluations are killing us. Remember when old Mark Richt said we were missing the OL and top end speed at WR? Well, we still are. Harley is our best WR, and you remember his recruitment? Circus. Gator love. Committed to WVU. Twitter crap. How kids are during recruiting can be a big sign of how they handle themselves, and based on his quote, he was living up to that. Glad it appears the light has come on. I hope he pushes the rest of the WR to put in 150%. If there is a position in football where you need to perfect your craft, it's WR. The college and even the NFL have guys who excel because they put the time into the details of their position.

Defensively, we have to stop patting ourselves on the back for our yards/play, TFL bullcrap. If UVA had any skill positions worth a **** on offense we lose that game. They had some terrible throws and drops that an average team might house. I agree with @TruCane on the Blades play. He's a tough kid and a hard-working one in the gym, he's not lazy, but we're grab-bagging on defense trying to look for negative plays and putting our guys in a spot where the assignment has too many variables. There is no defense designed to leave a WR uncovered at the sticks, I promise you that. It just looks that way. Same deal at LB, we aren't slow, we're playing slow, and play sloppy.

You want proof that our fundamentals are being coached poorly? Look no further that Amari Carter. Every program has studied film on targeting, and run drills on adjusting your approach to avoid it. We do. I guess, but somebody get this kid to the side and drill him until he never drops his head towards another player again.

Lashlee is a good OC. I don't think he'll fail on a bye week like his predecessorssssssss. He ran out of bullets for this first stretch. That's not to say he can't be a little more aware of the teams shortcomings. It's hard to believe that between King, Chaney, Mallory and a red hot Harley we couldn't get the ball in the EZ against a UVA team that should have been vulnerable laterally as they were crashing our run game between the tackles. Though, let's not kid ourselves, we need a lot of help on OL.

Advertisement
No. He’s talking about Don Bailey, Jr.

Edit: I guess he was talking about the other Jr but since I haven’t gone at anyone for bringing up Beau, I’m being even-handed.

Now, it looks like OP has asked for a thread ban so there’s that too.
When the fck did lay people become off limits to talk about? Get the fck out of here with this ****. Quit entertaining fvckery.

Advertisement
How does every team in the acc have 3 linebackers better then Miami... just checked in on nc state and all three would start here day one... manny is a complete disaster and anyone who dosent think otherwise is not paying attention to the obvious things
That big white kid 11 is going to be a big problem for us if he recovers from the injury he sustained in the UNC game.

this thread is funny. there's like 4 good teams in college football... lots of talk in here about whether miami could hypothetically beat teams like texas a&m and penn state who put up 17 points on vanderbilt and lost to indiana, respectively. every team not named alabama, clemson, ohio state or georgia is liable to lose on any given week. last year we went 5-6 and scored 0 points on La Tech. news flash but we're in the second group.

this thread is funny. there's like 4 good teams in college football... lots of talk in here about whether miami could hypothetically beat teams like texas a&m and penn state who put up 17 points on vanderbilt and lost to indiana, respectively. every team not named alabama, clemson, ohio state or georgia is liable to lose on any given week. last year we went 5-6 and scored 0 points on La Tech. news flash but we're in the second group.
If the 2nd group includes UVAG, then, yeah, you're right.

Advertisement
Back