A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Advertisement
If the 2nd group includes UVAG, then, yeah, you're right.
it includes every team in the ACC not named clemson, including notre dame who put up 12 points on louisville and gave up 26 points to FSU, and UNC who lost to FSU, and virginia tech who lost to wake. not sure what you have seen in the last 20 years of football here that would have you thinking otherwise.

We are 4-1 in the ACC, with the only loss coming to the #1 team in the nation.

D$,

maybe I missed it in the other pages, did you give your assessment on the tier after “Elite?” I’m interested in what you think.

here is my initial take (obviously B16 rankings are straight guesses):

TIER 1 (Elite will be in Playoff) - Clemson, Bama, Ohio State

TIER 2 (will end year Top 10) - ND, Georgia, UF, Wisconsin

I think UM is somewhere on the next Tier in teams that end up Top 15 by end of the year, but I can also see them dropping a stupid game & being worse (mainly due to poor WR, Oline, and LB play).

D$,

maybe I missed it in the other pages, did you give your assessment on the tier after “Elite?” I’m interested in what you think.

here is my initial take (obviously B16 rankings are straight guesses):

TIER 1 (Elite will be in Playoff) - Clemson, Bama, Ohio State

TIER 2 (will end year Top 10) - ND, Georgia, UF, Wisconsin

I think UM is somewhere on the next Tier in teams that end up Top 15 by end of the year, but I can also see them dropping a stupid game & being worse (mainly due to poor WR, Oline, and LB play).
I agree with this, although I would put UGA closer to Tier 1 just based on talent.

Miami is a Top 25 team and possibly Top 15 depending on adjustments and improvements. The real gap is Tier 1 to everyone else. If you compare us to a team like Notre Dame, they are more dependable and consistent but we have a higher upside if it clicks.

Advertisement
21 pages in and I'll go on record.

If we play like we have for the last 3 games against better comp and most assuredly lose yet another BYE matchup, remaining season goes down like this:

Scenario 1)

BYE - L - (0-4) nuff said. VERY confident in this call, which sets us up for the following;

NCST - L - They're a slightly better version of UVA, same QB situation, and UVA came down to the last play with a defense that looks about the same as NCST. I've been watching both teams' games. Finley looks better than Pitt's waterboy. Away game. Might be in the low 50s. Yikes!

VT - L -BC They matchup well with us and we'll be butthurt at the season slipping away from being "Tier 2" (lol). Clemson was an expected loss, losing to NCST sets up the past as prologue....

GT - W - We get a slogfest sloppy "revenge!" (Not a complete mope) It won't be pretty.

Well, has anyone else been watching WF? Cause I have.

WF - L - Team is in the tank by now and WF faces SYR, UNC and Duke before us. They'll beat SYR, compete with UNC and maybe surprise em, and effing ROLL Duke - ergo, in a better headspace than us.

UNC - L - At least it's not FIU. Howell. JW. vs. Baker. LBs....Their defense is no worse than UVA. We've definitely got redzone issues by now. OL, WRs smell like really hot garbage by now....

(high note!) We get revenge on LTU in the Shreveport GOO-Gone bowl -21-17!
Class finishes in high 20s
Lashlee is HC at Cincy
Baker is HC at LT, BC their HC dies of Covid.
Manny wins Offseason by surplusing the ***** machines and J Garcia commits, goes EE & marries Tathan.
We want Bama!

BUT I MOPE too much!

Scenario 2)

We pull a historic upset on BYE, then squeak an ugly against VT, blend pitt & UVA vs. GT - blammo! We're set for 2017's 3 game slide to end! (Corch Slip'n already foreshadowed for us!)
Wiscy does us a bowel perforation at the Pinstripe yet again!
King leaves, JRs leave, Class finishes in the low 20s
DEF staff stays
Lashlee flirts with Cincy - that's a tossup
TVD gets the nod.
Pillars held and binders of deserving honored solemnly.
We're ready for Bama.
We're still tier 2.

Scenario 3) - (I secretly think this is most likely)

King learns how to RPO vs. BYE- (Lashlee's words 10/25 or 26)
TF J Rivers magically fixes the OL!
Harley still cares!
Brevin's back!
Lashlee breaks up with Malzahn and lets Dykes fingerblast his pooper to get juices flowin again!
Rooster and Chaney get to run something other than IZ and J Rivers goes quantum, parts the red seas and crushes the edges on both sides of every play!
Huff and Steed give Cloud and Jennair COVID!
HH and Nesta care!
Philips and Roche care!
Bolden and Frierson still care!
We watch ND lose to Clemson,BC, and UNC, then again to WF!
We watch UNC (bc they're tier 2 and so are we) lose to UVA and Wake, but clobber ND!
We meet Clemson in ACCCG, lose 31-24 and keep our Recruiting intact!
We go full ****** and beat Wiscy in a rematch.
We want Bama BC King and all the JRs stay.

So, this BYE matchup is crucial to the future of the program.

Like I said. I am definitely right any which way this plays out, so I win CIS.

Thanks for playing, nerds.

OP has never told a lie on this forum.

The Diaz slurpers (once Golden slurpers, Randy slurpers, Coker slurpers) however, have a 15+ year track record of nothing but lies and being wrong, year after year, coach after coach.

Everyone doubting OP is in for yet another rude awakening.

OP has never told a lie on this forum.

The Diaz slurpers (once Golden slurpers, Randy slurpers, Coker slurpers) however, have a 15+ year track record of nothing but lies and being wrong, year after year, coach after coach.

Everyone doubting OP is in for yet another rude awakening.
And OP never will utter a mendacity. It hurts me as much or more than anyone to admit that we're heading down the same dark path as we have been for 17 years, but I don't see the point in denying what I see by trying to disguise reality in a haphazard mishmash of conjured up stats and subjective rankings.

Advertisement
Back