A recruit we must have other than valentine and JC

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we lose Valentine, Gaillard is a must get.

Otherwise, this DT class is a failure.

450.gif

Advertisement
I want Valentine more than either JC or Ross but talent-wise they're all on the same level, which is crazy to say considering I didn't even know who Ross was a couple weeks ago. Gaillard would be a nice consolation prize for sure, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Valentine is a great player at a position of need, but your comment above is absolute hogwash. Heurtelou, Wyche, and Moten is still a solid haul at DT. Not elite, but these guys will still greatly improve our talent at the position. Now if one or both of the Juco kids can't get in I'd agree we failed this year bringing in help at DT, but those three are still going to help the program.

Valentine is a great player at a position of need, but your comment above is absolute hogwash. Heurtelou, Wyche, and Moten is still a solid haul at DT. Not elite, but these guys will still greatly improve our talent at the position. Now if one or both of the Juco kids can't get in I'd agree we failed this year bringing in help at DT, but those three are still going to help the program.

Here is the thing, if we dont land VT or a suitable replacement we are still very much behind the 8 ball here. No Valentine or Galliard and we will be right back to playing roulette with JUCO in one to two years. We missed out on DTs last year and we need at least 3 guys from the HS level, plain and simple. Another reason we really need Valentine is because in Al's system Moten is a SDE and that means we would only bring in one NT from the HS level the last two years. Once again we would be in catch up mode here, and in turn most likely wasting talent we are stock piling such as CB because of our inept DT recruiting.

Advertisement
Back