A race for wide receivers

Advertisement
Pete posted we're taking 4, my guess is Pope and one of the Aquinas guys. I'm all for Xavier Williams but going to be a tough pull.

Pope has a spot no matter how long he waits.

I want Moore as the slot guy for this class. Only pure slot guy we will have is Thomas. Harley has straight line speed but I don't see the wiggle to play him in the slot. He's a Desert type that needs to be on the outside despite his lack of size.

Leaving one more spot for Thompson or Austin with Williams also here as a long shot at the moment.

Deejay Dallas??

Don't want the Midget from Aquinas. He's about 7th on the list of remaining targets.

Pope, Williams, Austin, Schwartzel, Thompson, and Watt above him.

What don't you like about said midget

Mostly cause our staff has him as a plan B. And 9 receptions for 42 yards.

As Macho reminded us, kid had 88 catches for 1200 his sophomore year (Western I believe) before his transfer to Aquinas. Aquinas really only played the senior guys. It's possible the staff is waiting to evaluate his senior season. No matter how much you value 1 on 1's, no one can deny the kids explosion in the Orlando Opening.

Advertisement
No mention of Miami for Warren Thompson in recent rivals article :

Alabama, North Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss are the main players for four-star receiver Warren Thompson, and the Seffner (Fla.) Armwood recruit seems to like something different about each program.

Thompson said he likes how Florida is recruiting him and how the Gators have made him a priority, that Alabama coach Nick Saban said he’d have a chance to play early in Tuscaloosa and that North Carolina and Ole Miss have been especially aggressive, too.

He was wearing a Florida towel on Saturday but said there was no message behind it.

I don't care as long as whoever it is they can help us tilt the scoreboard by averaging 50+ points per game.

Have to love Ahmon saying to Pope you're next, and Pope's response has me waiting on Pope to just make it official. This was just yesterday. I love how much our current players/recruits are reaching out to these younger guys and letting them know they want them to be CANES. There is not a better recruiting tool, then guys who are at a school reaching out and telling these kids they want to create something special at the __, and we need them to do it .

IMG_3964.jpg

Last edited:

Alabama, North Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss are the main players for four-star receiver Warren Thompson, and the Seffner (Fla.) Armwood recruit seems to like something different about each program.

Thompson said he likes how Florida is recruiting him and how the Gators have made him a priority, that Alabama coach Nick Saban said he’d have a chance to play early in Tuscaloosa and that North Carolina and Ole Miss have been especially aggressive, too.

He was wearing a Florida towel on Saturday but said there was no message behind it.

My guess is Hightower took his spot. One spot is reserved for Pope, and the last is Xavier Williams' if he wants in. If not Williams, my personal pick would be either Elijah Moore or Kevin Austin.

Advertisement

Miami generally doesn't get kids from that school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to love Ahmon saying to Pope you're next, and Pope's response has me waiting on Pope to just make it official. This was just yesterday. I love how much our current players/recruits are reaching out to these younger guys and letting them know they want them to be CANES. There is not a better recruiting tool, then guys who are at a school reaching out and telling these kids they want to create something special at the ��__��, and we need them to do it .

View attachment 43389

That's awesome. Ahmmon is 'Cane to the core. Love it.

Miami generally doesn't get kids from that school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator territory all the way. Sprinkle in some FSU kids...the rest go to USF.

Advertisement
Back