A quote about Bubba from B Jackson (and one about Brevin)

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
In his article today, Barry said this about Bubba, "But Bolden — whose play has run the gamut from excellent at times to inadequate at others — clearly could use another year in college."

I could not have disagreed with him more 3-4 weeks ago. Today? Yeah, he definitely needs to return for another year. We could use him and he could use it as well. If he returns and we have a stellar year, which probably means he has a stellar year, he could play himself into the 1-2 rounds.

He also mentioned Brevin's tenuous standing with the scouts because of his Glass Joe reputation. Hopefully, Brevin comes back for one more year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
There's just no reason to stay if you can get drafted.

Unless, you know, you like playing ball for free with the added responsibility of keeping up with college coursework
Might wanna take a look at the avg length of career in the NFL. I think being a graduate from UM could pay off when most are under 30 and out of football. It might start to make sense...

Go Canes!

There's just no reason to stay if you can get drafted.

Unless, you know, you like playing ball for free with the added responsibility of keeping up with college coursework
This is the reason why we have players leave early every year to go undrafted. Playing ball for free at college sounds a lot better than going undrafted, getting cut from whatever longshot tryout camp you might get invited to and getting a job delivering pizzas because your only marketable talent was playing football and you don't have a degree.

Advertisement
Where is Bolden going? I think if Brevin gets a grade of rounds 1-3 he will leave.
People are going to compare Brevin to Evan Engram due to the measurable's. But Evan was a much much much better prospect coming out of college. He got drafted late in the first and to this point has been a disappointment.
  • Evan Engram caught for 950 yards his last year in college. Brevin has slightly over 1,000 total yards in 3 seasons!
  • Engram ran a 4.42 40 in the combine. Idk what Brevin runs but doubt it's that good.
  • Engram played 10+ games each year after his Freshmen year. Brevin is about to have a career low in games played after his junior year.
Ain't nobody giving Brevin a 1st round grade. 2nd round grade seems like an insane stretch to me as well...sh*t maybe even 3rd round grade is a stretch. Dude would be absolutely nuts to declare.

Hard to imagine UM ever returning to "dominance" when year after year all our best juniors leave early only to be 4th+ round picks and half even going UDFA. Kills our talent & depth levels leaving us to rely on Fresh/Soph who only repeat the cycle.

My only hope was someone like Ed Reed can talk these kids and change this culture. Cuz it's a self inflected infection eating this program from the inside

People are going to compare Brevin to Evan Engram due to the measurable's. But Evan was a much much much better prospect coming out of college. He got drafted late in the first and to this point has been a disappointment.
  • Evan Engram caught for 950 yards his last year in college. Brevin has slightly over 1,000 total yards in 3 seasons!
  • Engram ran a 4.42 40 in the combine. Idk what Brevin runs but doubt it's that good.
  • Engram played 10+ games each year after his Freshmen year. Brevin is about to have a career low in games played after his junior year.
Ain't nobody giving Brevin a 1st round grade. 2nd round grade seems like an insane stretch to me as well...sh*t maybe even 3rd round grade is a stretch. Dude would be absolutely nuts to declare.
I agree completely and think that comparison is a stretch. Brevin will not run a 4.42.

****, Will Mallory is a better Evan Engram comp.

Advertisement
Back