A quick update after talking to some people

Mario is a complete disaster as a coach and overrated as a recruiter, what a joke. Miami as usual botched that whole hiring process
This is such a comically emotional take in July that I’m wondering where he touched you. And this is coming from someone in the current boat that suggests we’re absolutely struggling to close guys.

You want to rip his coaching Year 1, go for it. I’m there with you. His decision making put us in this position. Absolute failure of a season that’s had greater ripple effects than we perceived.

Now give credit where credit is due - he gutted both failed coordinators, went with (allegedly) a new approach on offense and a proven defensive coordinator. He attacked the portal and landed a very good class while addressing positions of dire need. What else did you want him to do? He did about everything you could ask from a failed season.

That also means he has no excuses to put out an exciting, attractive and successful product in 2023. He’s also not a disaster of a coach if he won two Pac-12 Championships, a conference that while not in the top three of the P5, it’s undoubtedly better than the ACC as a whole. If he can do it there, he can do it here. Is he elite? Nah, don’t think so. Is he good enough to win a conference championship? Answer is yes, even if you don’t like it.

As for recruiting…lol. Man said he’s overrated as a recruiter after his work at Oregon, the line he brought in at Alabama, and the 2022/2023 class he brought in.

Why don’t you pipe down and take a seat before ****ing down your leg on July 2nd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rhule will get that first year bump like most coaches. Mario has to prove something after the worst football season for UM in over 40 years.
Rhule is a winner!! He brought Thornton to Waco from dade they developed him and he’s now making money on sundays! Our staff needs to stop talking and developing more! I saw some stuff at the maimi 7v7 that tripped me out! But time will tell

yeah that's what i'm saying.

board went into full meltdown over barney, as if he was somehow the straw that broke the camel's back. no idea why

almost get it if it were scott, or even for nolan a few months back but barney? still a big month of recruiting ahead of us, francis didn't commit until 7/4 last year so we're kind of on par still

Board went full meltdown due to the biggest of sunshine pumpers, our fearless leader, told us:

- we are getting our asses kicked
- we are recruiting from behind
- everyone has a right to be concerned

Right after we heard we were mopping up this cycle to the tune of top 5

Notice how the story last year went from Top 3 to well guys there’s not much difference between 5-10, so super Mario has this!

Angry Climate Change GIF by Bernie Sanders

Advertisement
Misreads in recruiting happen but Mario has little margin for error. He's never demonstrated that he can do more with less and there's much evidence that he does less with more. He can't afford to get it wrong here, which is why its concerning.

Some thread notes:
- Mario has been an incredible recruiter.

- Mario appears to struggle with adapting.

- Mario appears to have his own shot clock.

- Recruiting with NIL and the portal is changing the game.

- The portal requires timeliness.

Adapt or die

Let’s go Mario we need you to get off the mat and run wild…

Board went full meltdown due to the biggest of sunshine pumpers, our fearless leader, told us:

- we are getting our asses kicked
- we are recruiting from behind
- everyone has a right to be concerned

Right after we heard we were mopping up this cycle to the tune of top 5

Notice how the story last year went from Top 3 to well guys there’s not much difference between 5-10, so super Mario has this!
Who said top five this year ? Who said top 3 last year ?

Who said top five this year ? Who said top 3 last year ?

In general, those on the board running with information provided + Mario’s past recruiting success - often used to combat criticism.

Last year it was reminding everyone of Top 3 and then 5 and then 7…. Which is nothing to sneeze at by any means, but everyone knows going from 12-10-7 is a helluva lot better than dropping from 3-5-7

Advertisement
Because we have seen this movie before. Many times. Mario is following the same pattern as the many failed coaches before him except his initial season was even worse than anyone could have imagined.

I don’t disagree but everything could’ve gone wrong did last year and it all wasn’t in mario. Yes the hires were bad but all the injuries were unreal on a team that already lacked any depth.

Any already average team that would’ve lost their #1 RB Chaney, then had other RB get injuries throughout the year.

Plus your top two lineman rivers and Zion not even play. Then add in your starting center gets injured then half your backups also

Then add in George at WR

Then add all other random injuries every coach in America would have a ****** year outside of the top stacked programs.

This roster wasn’t built to have their starting QB injured along with everyone else.

It’s sucks that was season one and no one wants to hear excuses but most coaches first years usually suck and then you add Al the other **** and we get 5 wins. This is a huge year for him and he needs 8-9 wins and another top 10 range class.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree but everything could’ve gone wrong did last year and it all wasn’t in mario. Yes the hires were bad but all the injuries were unreal on a team that already lacked any depth.

Any already average team that would’ve lost their #1 RB Chaney, then had other RB get injuries throughout the year.

Plus your top two lineman rivers and Zion not even play. Then add in your starting center gets injured then half your backups also

Then add in George at WR

Then add all other random injuries every coach in America would have a ****** year outside of the top stacked programs.

This roster wasn’t built to have their starting QB injured along with everyone else.

It’s sucks that was season one and no one wants to hear excuses but most coaches first years usually suck and then you add Al the other **** and we get 5 wins. This is a huge year for him and he needs 8-9 wins and another top 10 range class.
First season sucked? It was abysmal. Most coaches may have bad 1st years but they don't typically regress in EVERY possible category. He literally was worse at everything than Manny.

Typically they have something they can hang their hat on. A statistical improvement. A big win. A few players who really improved their draft stock. An improvement in the record.
Mario literally has nothing.

You know how easy it would be to negative recruit Mario/Miami right now?

First season sucked? It was abysmal. Most coaches may have bad 1st years but they don't typically regress in EVERY possible category. He literally was worse at everything than Manny.

Typically they have something they can hang their hat on. A statistical improvement. A big win. A few players who really improved their draft stock. An improvement in the record.
Mario literally has nothing.

You know how easy it would be to negative recruit Mario/Miami right now?

All facts...

Would be? There isn't a doubt in my mind that other coaches are negative recruiting Mario/Miami right now.

I know I would! I'd kick the dog **** out of Mario and company for as long as they stay down. It's one of Hartline's hobbies. He probably has a pinata with Mario's face on it and whacks that ******* thing at will. Instead of candy, five stars pop out.

Advertisement
Maimi Tears. Mario knows what needs to be done. He has had some mis steps but he is in year two. Some are already ready to throw in the towel.

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad
You’re no longer in beastmode, downgradee to mother Hubbard mode

Community canes.. running at hardrock like 5 year olds and taking field trips to water parks...we are cursed... wearing manny diaz jerseys

Advertisement
Back