A quick update after talking to some people

It’s amazing that we’re in year two of a complete rebuild, already with a second iteration of the staff, and we’re already on the clock to win big. How did we put ourselves here? How did perceptions get here so quick?

Mario is already showing signs of desperation—doing things out of character. I’ve seen this story before. It doesn’t end well. We better ******* win or this might be the death of the program.
to answer... going 5-7 with a minimum 7-5 roster.
****... go 7-5 and win a bowl 8-5.
That's how you build momentum into a 9-3 season the following year. Maybe lose a bowl 9-4.
Year 3 you could hold at about 9-3, win a bowl, 10-3.

Those 3 years but together would chang so much.

Advertisement
No HC will dig out of a 20 year **** hole in 18 months especially considering how far behind we were in every facet of the football program. 5-7 last year sure didn’t help matters. Obviously, results on the field this year will go a long way in determining the Mario era short and long term.
That schedule last year was an 8-4 season under any circumstance!

[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Nebraska won 4 ******* games last year. We need to win to outrecruit a 4-win Nebraska for a local 4*? Totally ****ed if true.[/BGCOLOR]

There coach has a winning pedigree!! He came into and took the tall Wr that got drafted last year from Baylor! Our program is the same as it was the past 20 years all talk!

Advertisement
[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Nebraska won 4 ******* games last year. We need to win to outrecruit a 4-win Nebraska for a local 4*? Totally ****ed if true.[/BGCOLOR]

There coach has a winning pedigree!! He came into and took the tall Wr that got drafted last year from Baylor! Our program is the same as it was the past 20 years all talk!
rhule turned two programs around. he didnt have a first year yet so he can sell optimism. Im not bashing that guy as a coach right now. he won 10 games 3 times.

He gets Chance Robinson and now he’s amateur hour. Y’all boys funny. Y’all act we ever get big time WR. We haven’t gotten a big time WR since Ryan Moore lol. We can just hope they’re nice like Ahmmon Richards. So Relax on calling Beard out. Especially for a basic WR as this kid. Sheesh. We get a Aldarius Johnson, Malcolm Lewis, Mark Pope, Romero Brinson, Dee Wiggins, and so on and y’all see they don’t do shyttt and y’all complain. We get Frank Ladson and y’all call him trash. At some point y’all just gotta stop with the flip flopping. It’s not only on the WRs… our QB plays has been bad for a long time.

Also, take into account our QB. Really would you want to play for Jaccuri Brown, Williams, J. Anderson as your QB. Heck nah. Lol
He was amateur hour before he was hired. He was amateur hour when he was hired the first time around too. What was his excuse then?

I promise this is not a i told u so post because i was all in on mario coming too. But shortly after hearing interviews and people talking about how it all went down the red flags where very clear to me.

After the last almost 20 years of bad coaching hires and incompetence from the administrators, and fresh off of not doing a real coaching search and hiring manny diaz because of relationships he has with people connected…We literally go out again and do the exact same ****????? Even tho mario is more proven than manny HOW can u not do a real coaching search this time??? THIS SAME WAY OF THINKING HAS BURNT US FOR 20 YEARS. So now they have a more proven coach that they have relationships and more money into the program they think its gonna just be all good now huh???

Rudy Fernandez literally said on a podcast after hiring rad and mario he had two names at the start of the process and was gonna go all in for them. So after 20 years we didn’t learn anything, we literally just went with guys that we have past connections with but just give them money this time like that solves it all. And then we hear the people with the money were reportedly saying they would only commit the money if the coach is mario??? Thats literally amateur **** man we are one of the greatest programs u should be willing to commit money to anyone if your goal is for us to succeed.

I hate long posts but i had to rant lol, and im still gonna give mario time to fix ****..Because wtf else am i gonna do lol

Advertisement
He was amateur hour before he was hired. He was amateur hour when he was hired the first time around too. What was his excuse then?
Did you not read??? Lol. What WRs coach has gotten a big time WR since Ryan Moore and that was 2002. How you gonna blame beard for 20 years of not getting the best WR???

Advertisement
Kid made a poor decision. Leave it at that and move along. No one will remember this kid's name a year from now.

I’ll remember him when he transfers out of Nebraska a year or two from now assuming he even makes it there. I still remember Francois, Green and Flemming. Most dramas like this don’t end well. The trolling data set goes all the way back to Antoine Smith for me.

yeah that's what i'm saying.

board went into full meltdown over barney, as if he was somehow the straw that broke the camel's back. no idea why
Q
almost get it if it were scott, or even for nolan a few months back but barney? still a big month of recruiting ahead of us, francis didn't commit until 7/4 last year so we're kind of on par still

A lot more misses than just Barney. Below are players I know we prioritized and would have taken there commitments. They all chose to commit elsewhere or remain commited to there team like Heyward.

QB: Air Noland
WR: Drelon Miller
WR: Braylon Stayley
WR: Jacory Barney
WR: Jerrae Hawkins
TE: Amir Jackson
OL: Eddie Tuerk
OL: Zuri Madison
OL: Moritz Schmoranzer
OL: Joseph Ionata
DE: Wyatt Gilmore
LB: James Nesta
CB: Dakota Fields
CB: Jon Mitchell
CB: Antoine Belgrave Shorter
CB: Ricky Knight
S: Jaylen Heyward

Advertisement
I love all of this justifiable criticism, mixed with doubt and doomsday posting. I hope y’all keep it up until the season. I need Mario and this team’s backs against the wall. I want them completely called out and doubted. They need this pressure and urgency.

I expect Mario to respond

Last edited:
A lot more misses than just Barney. Below are players I know we prioritized and would have taken there commitments. They all chose to commit elsewhere or remain commited to there team like Heyward.

QB: Air Noland
WR: Drelon Miller
WR: Braylon Stayley
WR: Jacory Barney
WR: Jerrae Hawkins
TE: Amir Jackson
OL: Eddie Tuerk
OL: Zuri Madison
OL: Moritz Schmoranzer
OL: Joseph Ionata
DE: Wyatt Gilmore
LB: James Nesta
CB: Dakota Fields
CB: Jon Mitchell
CB: Antoine Belgrave Shorter
CB: Ricky Knight
S: Jaylen Heyward
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 1.25.21 AM.png

Because I'm such a glutton for pain & punishment, I had to see what a class of these guys would be. **** of a class, would be 6th in the nation. Alternate universe out there where we land these guys and we're all balls deep in Koolaid :ROFLMAO:

And if bags are Miami's Boogeyman that's some ironic enlightenment. I mean bags are part of the game, it's an L. We call it overpaying, I say it's supply and demand, if buddy got the drop, we didn't value him as much as Nebraska. But it also tells me no relationship, you lose at s high clip playing roulette with a full chamber.

Advertisement
Back