A quick update after talking to some people

Advertisement
You obviously do live in fantasy land. Good luck with that.
Your one of those no matter facts . So I'll act like a child and give a good luck with that also. Whatever the **** that's supposed to imply. I guess I'm an abject failure. Amazing what you can learn about yourself. Appreciate it. I guess zero expectations is way of life.

I have a question..

Let’s keep funky…

You have a 5 star son everyone in the country wants him.

One of your visits is Miami (you’re not a Canes fan, with no real college allegiance), whole family loves the coaches/campus/city, and NIL deal.

Your other visits are Bama, UGA, Ohio State and USC.

Based on the last 20 years of showing on the field, and success in the draft, are you truly trusting UM over the other options?

I raised this question, because even I as big time biased Cane fan, I can’t help but understand why we are losing these battles.. we’ve been trash. We have a HC that has won nothing.. a QB that has won nothing.. a OC and DC that has won nothing..

I can’t reasonably blame these kids.
It's called sales. Good recruiters do just what you're talking about. Can't have a "woe is me" attitude and be in that profession.

Nick Saban came to my high school when iw as a 9th and 10th grader attempting to land my teammate.

He didnt get him...but he got the year after another stud from right down the street at our rival school to go to Lsu who eventually became an nfl player at db as well.

Before that he landed a few guys and recruited a bunch right out of the same neighborhood b4 he even got to LSU ..from when he was at MSU.

Saban has been knee deep in s.fla from early 90s. Cooper opened up S.FLA elite wr to Bama but not to Saban. He had James Coley and Dwayne Bowe bought out to Lsu when Amari Cooper was in elementary school.

His qb at LSU was Rohan Davey from Opa Locka, FL the trencheds of Dade County
- Michigan State had a two time Heisman candidate named Lorenzo White out of Ft. Lauderdale Dillard HS from '84-87.
- Nick Saban was the DC/DBs coach at Michigan State from '83-87.
- Lorenzo White was drafted in the 1st round by the Houston Oilers in '88.
- Nick Saban was the DBs coach of the Houston Oilers in '88 and '89.

Maybe his forays into South Florida recruiting started way back then with White. Maybe they didn't.
But seeing a South Florida player dominate college football in the Big Ten while also seeing Miami taking over college football as a team, probably made Saban (and every other coach) key in on Florida and South Florida specific going forward.

If I was a young coach at a school where our best player by far was from an area that just so happened to have another college that was also dominating college football at the time; it would behoove me to start making relationships in that area right then and there.

Saban probably recruited a lot of these HS head coaches when they were HS players. Probably has a relationships with their HS coaches. Not to say he's the only one who has used that formula. But between those relationships, winning alot, and paying well under the table, you can get a lot done. lol

Nick Saban came to my high school when iw as a 9th and 10th grader attempting to land my teammate.

He didnt get him...but he got the year after another stud from right down the street at our rival school to go to Lsu who eventually became an nfl player at db as well.

Before that he landed a few guys and recruited a bunch right out of the same neighborhood b4 he even got to LSU ..from when he was at MSU.

Saban has been knee deep in s.fla from early 90s. Cooper opened up S.FLA elite wr to Bama but not to Saban. He had James Coley and Dwayne Bowe bought out to Lsu when Amari Cooper was in elementary school.

His qb at LSU was Rohan Davey from Opa Locka, FL the trencheds of Dade County
Those guys were GRADE CASUALTIES is what I was told. Not Cooper, but the others he had at LSU from SFLA.

Advertisement
Bro, on my mama I TOTALLY forgot his LSU days. Lol. I was just so focused & fixated on that Mario comment. Lol. I was like, wtf?? Saban didn’t need Mario for chit dealing w/ The State of & So. Fla! Lol
He needed Mario as a dawg in Miami area. But he was already plugged in Mario just added to that...with the younger base of upcoming coaches.

I have a question..

Let’s keep funky…

You have a 5 star son everyone in the country wants him.

One of your visits is Miami (you’re not a Canes fan, with no real college allegiance), whole family loves the coaches/campus/city, and NIL deal.

Your other visits are Bama, UGA, Ohio State and USC.

Based on the last 20 years of showing on the field, and success in the draft, are you truly trusting UM over the other options?

I raised this question, because even I as big time biased Cane fan, I can’t help but understand why we are losing these battles.. we’ve been trash. We have a HC that has won nothing.. a QB that has won nothing.. a OC and DC that has won nothing..

I can’t reasonably blame these kids.
If you're an Olineman, you're going to be developed by Cristobal and Mirabal. So yes.
If you're a Dlinemen, even while we've been bad, we have absolutely produced a lot of NFL talent, including recently with two 1st round DEs. Not to mention Jason Taylor is now DLine coach.
If you're a RB, you're going to have an elite OLine as basically the #1 guarantee with Cristobal, and he loves to run the ball. Plus we have continuously produced NFL backs regardless if we've been great or bad.
TE is obvious - we have the greatest history in the country at producing TEs. Iowa recently has produced a lot of quality ones, but still that's in Iowa...
QB/WR is the hardest sell, and with us hiring Dawson, I think we'll have to prove it this season. But Dawson has a history of high performing offenses. So if we prove it this year, I think that'll sell itself. If you're an elite WR you're thinking about Tank Dell and how Dawson had him performing. If you're a QB you know he developed Geno Smith. And we will see this year how he develops TVD - who was bad last year.
At LB we've sucked recently and have a **** load of PT available. But it's not like top LBs are some elusive recruit... We're now getting a lot of great LB recruits.
Safety we've recruited well in the past couple years, and have had them produce really well - two all americans. Currently have the top returning safety duo in the country based on actual performance.

CB is really the only position that hasn't shown much of any good reason for an elite CB to choose us. With QB/WR its more of a we just gotta show it on the field this year.

If you're an Olineman, you're going to be developed by Cristobal and Mirabal. So yes.
If you're a Dlinemen, even while we've been bad, we have absolutely produced a lot of NFL talent, including recently with two 1st round DEs. Not to mention Jason Taylor is now DLine coach.
If you're a RB, you're going to have an elite OLine as basically the #1 guarantee with Cristobal, and he loves to run the ball. Plus we have continuously produced NFL backs regardless if we've been great or bad.
TE is obvious - we have the greatest history in the country at producing TEs. Iowa recently has produced a lot of quality ones, but still that's in Iowa...
QB/WR is the hardest sell, and with us hiring Dawson, I think we'll have to prove it this season. But Dawson has a history of high performing offenses. So if we prove it this year, I think that'll sell itself. If you're an elite WR you're thinking about Tank Dell and how Dawson had him performing. If you're a QB you know he developed Geno Smith. And we will see this year how he develops TVD - who was bad last year.
At LB we've sucked recently and have a **** load of PT available. But it's not like top LBs are some elusive recruit... We're now getting a lot of great LB recruits.
Safety we've recruited well in the past couple years, and have had them produce really well - two all americans. Currently have the top returning safety duo in the country based on actual performance.

CB is really the only position that hasn't shown much of any good reason for an elite CB to choose us. With QB/WR its more of a we just gotta show it on the field this year.
I'd say the current group of D-Linemen has a good chance of getting drafted with higher picks. Thinking Mesidor, Taylor, Kelly here...

You take these three and recruiting just gets better from there.

Advertisement

CB has been bad for awhile, the good news is we just had two drafted this last draft.

I'll also paraphrase something Urban Meyer said:

"Who's this 99 guy on the Rams? I'm hearing he might be a problem for us."
For real?? Was that before or after he…

Chewing Gum Talk GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Advertisement
He was there with the Davis brothers then he transferred to Miami High
Yup. Class of ‘96 Ridge Rat here. Irvin bounced to Miami High because he couldn’t get the carries and be the featured back. At the time there were rumors that Miami High paid for him. No proof of that though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back