A quick update after talking to some people

You don’t think coaches can misread a situation ?
Misreading a situation is totally acceptable once in a while, especially when money is involved at the eleventh hour. Happens to quite literally every coach, Saban and Kirby included.

Where it becomes a problem (down the road, not quite yet) is if they misread a situation over and over. That’s what happened routinely to Manny, Golden, etc. Mario is expected to be eons more seasoned than that.

Advertisement
And if bags are Miami's Boogeyman that's some ironic enlightenment. I mean bags are part of the game, it's an L. We call it overpaying, I say it's supply and demand, if buddy got the drop, we didn't value him as much as Nebraska. But it also tells me no relationship, you lose at s high clip playing roulette with a full chamber.
Had me until the last part. Several kids have committed to Miami with lower offers compared to other programs because of relationships.

Nebraska was more desperate to get him and there is a reason for that.

What's also funny is....... let's not forget that A LOOOOOTTTTT of you guys have prematurely crowned JT as some beast recruiter. Now i'm not saying he is or isn't....or can't be.... but man y'all have to learn to give people time to show and prove. I really don't care about how many guys we're in the running for because of him. None of that matters if they commit else where.

****, half of y'all claim he'll be a beast just because he's "hot" and he'll be pulling all the mama's..... yeah I remember lol
Agree 100%, comparing him to Hartline.
This staff is full of **** recruiters.
I also believe Dawson doesn’t excite anyone wanting to play in his offense, something is definitely off.

You don’t think coaches can misread a situation ?
No. They can never get anything wrong. Don’t you know, if you earn a high salary you must be the embodiment of perfection. Just like every major CEO making 50+ mil a year. They never make mistakes. If Miami targets someone they must land them or fold the program. Thankfully we have a board full of people who are perfect at their jobs so they can all call out the coaches.

Advertisement
@The Franchise

So u gave a boring reaction to both myself & Cribby for stating an actual fact. So pls, how about u tell us & this board why is it boring? Do u think it’s in defense of Mario? If so, I can assuredly tell u it’s not, at least on my end. If it’s something else that bores u, pls enlighten us.
Wait , you mean to say leaving an emoji reaction isn’t good enough of an explanation? We were obviously wrong with those comments , just apologize to the “ living legend “ and move along friend.

Last edited:
Had me until the last part. Several kids have committed to Miami with lower offers compared to other programs because of relationships.

Nebraska was more desperate to get him and there is a reason for that.
I agree with this. The bag doesn’t always have to exceed or even match, it just needs to be very competitive. Especially if we have the closer relationships with x recruit - what it cannot be, however, is tiers below the best offer.

Advertisement
Misreading a situation is totally acceptable once in a while, especially when money is involved at the eleventh hour. Happens to quite literally every coach, Saban and Kirby included.

Where it becomes a problem (down the road, not quite yet) is if they misread a situation over and over. That’s what happened routinely to Manny, Golden, etc. Mario is expected to be eons more seasoned than that.

This. Misreading on a couple guys happens all the time. But, misreading the room at a position of need where we are supposedly planning to stack (DL) and where our HC said that the position is a major priority this off-season is not your standard misread on 1-2 guys.

Also, if memory serves, we don’t typically get blindsided with a Barney like scenario. Can someone recall a similar blindside where a 3 star local kid went elsewhere after we were pretty confident in landing?

There's a reason why I am not involved in the recruiting game anymore/ at least as much as I used to be.

It's July. Not November, not December. July. If y'all get that mad over summer recruiting, I absolutely cannot wait for this board to witness Week 1. Some people are going to throw **** at every little error.

Advertisement
I don’t get it. Read The Bank on 6/26, and there was not even a mention of this kid. So much optimism in there about landing big fishes, and a mere few days later the sky is falling? Chill people.
Because it was assumed he was coming and has been for weeks.

I’ve been clear I won’t get nervous until this month is over and i still expect a good class. But it would be delusional to say we aren’t taking a lot of L’s right now with no momentum. More than usual. It’s ok to be honest with the situation without going to the other extreme , slitting your wrists in early July over a few losses. Both can be true.

Last edited:
Honestly whatever on the Barney situation, I am much more concerned with the Justin Scott news.

Huge position of need Miami has felt good on for months, and now Mama is freakin out about distance? Why can't Jeremiah Smith or Brandon Innis Mom freak out about distance??

Move that family to South Beach, the Alabama way!

There's a reason why I am not involved in the recruiting game anymore/ at least as much as I used to be.

It's July. Not November, not December. July. If y'all get that mad over summer recruiting, I absolutely cannot wait for this board to witness Week 1. Some people are going to throw **** at every little error.
Thread 'Why Waiting for Blue Chips is a Dangerous Game'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/why-waiting-for-blue-chips-is-a-dangerous-game.184988/

Here’s why the summer matters. It’s not end-all-be-all, but with the recruiting game changing and more kids than ever committing in the summer, this is why July is important. Over 82% of summer commits stick, and I think if my memory serves correctly, there were less than 100 top 450 kids that remained uncommitted past September 1st (don’t have my laptop in front of me). Apologies since it’s a long post.

Advertisement
We get a commitment from a top 5 running back in the country who was our #1 back on our board who is basically playing high school football in the SEC capital and we got notjobs on here saying our NIL is broke let alone those same clowns didn't even post anything when he commits but Nebraska comes up with a bag for a recruit we obviously wanted but didn't value him at what Nebraska gave and these cowards slither out and post garbage after garbage post. This fanbase is the absolute worse in sports.

Because it was assumed he was coming and has been for weeks.

I’ve been clear I won get nervous until this month is over and i still expect a good class. But it would be delusional to say we aren’t taking a lot of L’s right now with no momentum. More than usual. It’s ok to be honest with the situation without going to the other extreme , slitting your wrists in early July over a few losses. Both can be true.
1688298482474.gif

Thread 'Why Waiting for Blue Chips is a Dangerous Game'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/why-waiting-for-blue-chips-is-a-dangerous-game.184988/

Here’s why the summer matters. It’s not end-all-be-all, but with the recruiting game changing and more kids than ever committing in the summer, this is why July is important. Over 82% of summer commits stick, and I think if my memory serves correctly, there were less than 100 top 450 kids that remained uncommitted past September 1st (don’t have my laptop in front of me). Apologies since it’s a long post.

I did a quick check on last year’s top 50 kids. Roughly 40% of them were committed by end of summer (most of those in June/July) and 40% committed in late December. The rest of the kids committed either in the spring, fall or in feb. Andrew ivins said in a recent podcast that summer commitments this year are even more prevalent. Of course there will be some flips but not that many as people hope . The reality of all this is that yeah, July is really important.

Advertisement
Back