A Potential Scenario

Speaking of things that are possible....

It is possible Miami goes 12-0 in the regular season. We then get a lucky bounce and beat Clemson. Then we go to the playoffs where Terry Porter throws a flag giving us a trip to the national title game. In that game we play Alabama. Late in the 4th, with Alabama trailing 24-22, and driving for the game winning FG, out of nowhere comes a wild herd of elephants, stampeding the Alabama sideline. Strangely enough, one of them is being piloted by Pee Wee Herman. The game is called, and Miami is awarded the W, after a 5 year long legal battle.

Anything.... is.... possible.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
OP- get tested asap, brother!

Screenshot_20200601-222611_Google.jpg

This UNC hype is something else, breh.
I agree. I was using them as a hypothetical as they are potentially the second best team in the Coastal. But unless Howell is equal to Prime Vince Young or 4th year Colt McCoy, Mack Brown is not getting anywhere close to the NC tournament. He could get the Tarheels to 9-10 wins; but that is his ceiling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s suppose Sam Howell is all they he is hyped up to be and more, and an unbeaten Canes slip up at home 28-24. Carolina is our only loss, and UNC goes 12-0 to win the division.

Miami goes undefeated the rest of the way to go 11-1. They fail to win the Coastal as UNC goes 12-0. Then the Tarheels get blown out by Clemson in the ACC title game.

Does Miami leapfrog UNC to get to the national championship tournament, presuming there is a spot for a 1 loss team?

With UNC losing Charlie Heck their starting left tackle it's going to expose Howell to a lot of sacks especially going up against us.

Advertisement
UNC is a well coached team, but I don’t think they are good enough to go 12-0. They will be fortunate to win 10 games. IMHO, UNC has a lot of holes to fill on offense and defense. I like their QB, but not much else. UNC lost a lot of good experience on the OL and DL, and I am not convinced. I still like the Canes from a talent perspective. The Canes should win that game. It all depends on the coaching and player preparation

They lost their starting LT and that's going to hurt big time.

Unc is giving me Nebraska vibes. Freshman phenom quarterback. Good not great record and all this hype. I hope they fall on their face

Let’s suppose Sam Howell is all they he is hyped up to be and more, and an unbeaten Canes slip up at home 28-24. Carolina is our only loss, and UNC goes 12-0 to win the division.

Miami goes undefeated the rest of the way to go 11-1. They fail to win the Coastal as UNC goes 12-0. Then the Tarheels get blown out by Clemson in the ACC title game.

Does Miami leapfrog UNC to get to the national championship tournament, presuming there is a spot for a 1 loss team?

Breakfas Cclub Donnell Rawlings GIF - BreakfasCclub DonnellRawlings LaughingHysterically GIFs

Ray Liotta Laughing GIF - RayLiotta Laughing Drunk GIFs

Advertisement
Back