A Plethora Of Updates

Want Patrick but also need Scarlett. That boy will be a big back beastin at the college level and our OL haul will compliment him and what he does well. He would be pretty much an Eddie Lacy type

Advertisement
[*]Walton is expected to commit to Miami on 29 March, his birthday
[/list]

Walton committing at the same time as Ultra Music festival

Lets offer Cronkite, lock up the Westminster boys and let Irvin bring quan Johnson with him

This. My kids went to WCS. It's a very tight small school that has a history of building strong athletic teams. Rich Hofman had a premier baseball program for years and had several of his players make it to the bigs including A-Rod and Doug Menkaevitz. Miami Coach Geno Demare also played there. Looks like Sedric Irvin is now doing it with football. We know about David Thompson and now these three. Serious pipeline potential here.

They've never even won their district before...

Advertisement
Just curious to anyone who has seen him

how good is McGahees nephew? Jared McGahee from MNW miami caliber? Will he be getting an offer

Just curious, somewhere in the annals of Miami sports history, especially segregated football history, there was, I believe, another Willis McGahee. Just like there was a Traz Powell.

Does anybody know the story of the elder McGahee?

I'm guessing Willis had a father or uncle who was a star in the segregated schools back in the day--perhaps the 50's, perhaps even earlier.

There was a time when the black schools produced some awesome talent, but it often had nowhere to go. Some went to FAMU, some went to integrated schools up north (like Cyril Pinder from Hollywood Attucks), some disappeared, in part because of lack of opportunity.

I wonder if anybody has done a history of south Florida HS football which includes the black high schools before integration. (Obviously, there are a number of schools which are de facto segregated, because almost no white students attend).

I'll never forget how Larry Little turned up an All-Pro in the '70's, but nobody had heard about him when he played HS ball in the early '60's, except people at the black schools. I knew the names of a lot of the All-City players in the early '60's, but never heard about Larry Little, who turned out better than all of them.

Lucky Day - "You scum sucking pigs"

Lucky Day - "You sons of a motherless goat"

Lucky Day - "Tell us we will die like dogs"

El Guapo - "You WILL die like dogs"

Love that movie

Advertisement
Back