A note on Zion Nelson

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
There has been a lot of speculation and mystery surrounding Zion’s health. I am told he looks phenomenal doing football movements and is expected to be full-go in camp.

Jim Nagy (former NFL scout and current head of the Senior Bowl) and several scouting sources quoted by On3 identified four future NFL players on Miami’s line: Zion Nelson, Javion Cohen, Matt Lee and Jalen Rivers. That doesn’t include Anez Cooper, Francis Mauigoa, Samson Okunlola and Matthew McCoy (who someone on staff described to me as “an NFL dude”).

This could be one of the best OLs in the entire nation.

Advertisement
There has been a lot of speculation and mystery surrounding Zion’s health. I am told he looks phenomenal doing football movements and is expected to be full-go in camp.

Jim Nagy (former NFL scout and current head of the Senior Bowl) and several scouting sources quoted by On3 identified four future NFL players on Miami’s line: Zion Nelson, Javion Cohen, Matt Lee and Jalen Rivers. That doesn’t include Anez Cooper, Francis Mauigoa, Samson Okunlola and Matthew McCoy (who someone on staff described to me as “an NFL dude”).

Assuming Zion is healthy, is he starting at LT?

Mario's plan coming together uh ohhhh
Pedro Pascal Mario GIF

Huge. Really hope he can somehow stay healthy at LT would be such a win for this OL.

Advertisement

Thanks D$.

I hope the plan is to give him time to rehab this summer and limit his reps during camp. If he is hurt, the 2 needs to have some experience. If he is healthy, he will be fine.

The same thing was said previously regarding Zion ... " only some minor knee stuff to clean up". As for Lee, go back and watch the Spring game. Lee was getting "pushed around" sometimes even " manhandled".

I hope he can be an improvement, but I watched the film. Film don't lie.

Advertisement
That potentially moves Jalen Rivers to RG and Anez Cooper as first off the bench. Many of you know I’ve raved about Cooper’s potential. That’s one **** of a 6th OL - someone who might be more impactful than a couple of the starters.

In combination with Mccoy, Samson, and ideally one other, what it really *might* do is protect us from falling off a cliff IF one or two injuries occur.

The same thing was said previously regarding Zion ... " only some minor knee stuff to clean up". As for Lee, go back and watch the Spring game. Lee was getting "pushed around" sometimes even " manhandled".

Not having Cohen & Cooper flank him during the spring game didn't help. But we'll know all we need to know about this line week 2 vs TAMU.

That potentially moves Jalen Rivers to RG and Anez Cooper as first off the bench. Many of you know I’ve raved about Cooper’s potential. That’s one **** of a 6th OL - someone who might be more impactful than a couple of the starters.

In combination with Mccoy, Samson, and ideally one other, what it really *might* do is protect us from falling off a cliff IF one or two injuries occur.
That's some serious serious talent if we can have Anez & Samson as the first guys off the bench. Plus on goal line they can.come in as well

Advertisement
The only question mark left on offense is WR. If the transfers can step up, then I think this could be a unit that averages almost 35 points a game. And if that’s the case, we shouldn’t lose more than 4 games, even if the defense isn’t solid (they should be).

8-4 needs to be the floor. Ideally, we need to go 9-3 or better to establish some momentum and land another top class. This year is pivotal for Mario: if he doesn’t accomplish the above, he’s a dead man walking.

Advertisement

Completely different with zion this time last year we were hoping zion would make it back by the second game to knock the rust off. Vs doing football movements and expected back during Fall camp. If that statement is incorrect and he's not out there for fall camp ill agree.

The only question mark left on offense is WR. If the transfers can step up, then I think this could be a unit that averages almost 35 points a game. And if that’s the case, we shouldn’t lose more than 4 games, even if the defense isn’t solid (they should be).

8-4 needs to be the floor. Ideally, we need to go 9-3 or better to establish some momentum and land another top class. This year is pivotal for Mario: if he doesn’t accomplish the above, he’s a dead man walking.
X factor is T. Herrell

This o line line coming together (pause) & TVD returning to 2021 form will determine the ceiling of this 2023 team. If o line & TVD checks the boxes we can have a major bounce back season. Put them all in bubble wrap till September.
The wide receivers are the biggest concern, we know what the oline and tvd can be. Idk why everyone is just assuming that room is a guarantee, everyone thinks its all on tvd or dawson

The wide receivers are the biggest concern, we know what the oline and tvd can be. Idk why everyone is just assuming that room is a guarantee, everyone thinks its all on tvd or dawson

Lots of question marks. Have until week 2 to figure out the answers. WR for sure…

Advertisement
Back