A name to think about

Advertisement
The man has had 2 double digit win seasons in 20 years as a HC.
He's lost at least 3 conference games in 16 out of 20 seasons.
He's won his conference 0 times in 20 seasons.
He's won his DIVISION 0 times in 20 seasons.
****.. he even lost to FCS opponents in BACK TO BACK seasons.
His teams have finished outside the top 25 in 9 out of last 10 seasons.

His record looks a lot like our record. THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING. Why in the fck would we want to hire someone to do exactly what we've already done?

"Because if he had SF talent in his system ..."

He'd have to actually get that talent to sign. When he's not acting like the smartest guy in the room, the guy is acting like a weirdo. Isn't he the same ******* who locked some kid in a closet? What exactly do u guys think would happen once he starts dealing with SF attitudes? Some of you would get your wish with him though. Our roster would be built with those under the radar 3* because the top tier kids aren't signing to play with him. And **** sure not those who play on defense.

Exactly, and He's never played football, like our current coRch. And don't forget the bozo was up in the stands taking selfies with fans while His team was on field having a brawl. Clown Bro.

People are going to gloss over this while you're here stating facts. I really don't understand the logic.

Leach has come out and said he doesn't like to recruit. Guess what you have to do in South Florida when you're dealing with Bama, UGA, Clemson, FSU, UF, Ohio State......recruit.

He's going to settle for 3-stars, and we're going to be lucky if we get a 9-win season here and there. I mean, I guess that's better than what we have with Diaz right now. But there's better out there than Leach, much better.
Bingo.

That's what has me worried about guys like Leach (and Schiano). I'm afraid the school is serious about finally spending but spends it to prop up some dip**** like Leach. He'll average 8.5 wins for the next 10 years instead of the 7 we've averaged over the last 10. And they'll never fire him, even if/when he loses to an FCS opponent, because they've invested that kinda money.

Advertisement
The man has had 2 double digit win seasons in 20 years as a HC.
His double-digit win season at Texas Tech is the program's only such season in 45 years. And remember, they recently had an NFL coach (Kingsbury) and the best QB in the NFL (Mahomes).

As for Washington State, the two coaches before him averaged 4 wins a season. Leach had the 11-win season plus two 9-win seasons.

Leach already has 5 ranked wins at Mississippi State. It took Mullen nine seasons to get to 7. The guy has overachieved everywhere and the early returns are positive in the SEC. He's not my first option, but he is a very good coach.

His double-digit win season at Texas Tech is the program's only such season in 45 years. And remember, they recently had an NFL coach (Kingsbury) and the best QB in the NFL (Mahomes).

As for Washington State, the two coaches before him averaged 4 wins a season. Leach had the 11-win season plus two 9-win seasons.

Leach already has 5 ranked wins at Mississippi State. It took Mullen nine seasons to get to 7. The guy has overachieved everywhere and it the early returns are positive in the SEC. He's not my first option, but he is a very good coach.

I don't know why it's still a debate. The guy can coach.

It'll take him and a major program for everyone to realize that.

He’s one of the best coaches in the country and you wouldn’t have to pay him as one.

Advertisement
I don't know why it's still a debate. The guy can coach.

It'll take him and a major program for everyone to realize that.
The guy can coach and he's entertaining. Leach outperforms his team's talent level which would be something we haven't seen at UM in a long time. This is a good call.

Leach already has 5 ranked wins at Mississippi State. It took Mullen nine seasons to get to 7. The guy has overachieved everywhere and the early returns are positive in the SEC. He's not my first option, but he is a very good coach.
People don’t like actual coaches lol leach can flat out ******* coach

Advertisement
This is based on no info, other than the fact that we know this is his dream job. But if Cristobal says no, should we consider Mike Leach?

11-win season at Texas Tech, a terrible P5 program in a bad city. 11-win season at Washington State, a terrible P5 program in a bad city.

And now he’s at the ultimate proving ground and has beaten Texas A&M, Auburn, Kentucky and NC State already this season.

I hope we take a hard look there.
He'd kill it here. 55 ppg. He'll never be the coach here, but you can't convince me that he wouldn't be wildly successful.

Advertisement

If you’ve lost to multiple FCS schools you’re not a very good coach.

Leach doesnt fit the profile. He can coach, but not recruit. And thats kinda the problem.

Get either Kiffin, Mario or Stoops.

Leach doesnt fit the profile. He can coach, but not recruit. And thats kinda the problem.

Get either Kiffin, Mario or Stoops.
Do we actually know if he's a poor recruiter? He's been at weird schools in the middle of nowhere that never bring in top classes his whole career. Is there something else up with the guy? I'd imagine a high octane offense would be more than enough to keep a lot of FL rb/wr talent home

Advertisement
Back