A must listen!

Advertisement
Big difference to rubbing shoulders with some local coaches and recruits versus rubbing shoulders with people making seven figures. It doesn't mean he doesn't have connections but those are two entirely different connections.

I think he knows more than local coaches. He was also invited to the canes for life forum so knows former players. He leaked the Nunez interview before others picked up on it. He admits he sort of “fell into this” he mainly talks about recruits. Being an insider is not his deal.

Are you talking about the dude in the video, or 90% of what happens on this board?
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

You guys don't know about flo? He's been around forever and knows his stuff...big recruiting guy, I remember when all the world thought Preston Parker was coming to Miami he was the only one I remember that kept saying florida state. Yikes I'm getting old 😬
Everyone knows he's connected recruiting wise but even he admitted that with this AD stuff, he doesn't know and that when this is over, that's it for him in terms of dealing with anything except recruiting in terms of info shared.

Advertisement
How they go against is beyond me when all u do is keep it a buck
Im not knocking Cribby or anyone, because I’m far from an insider, but I’m looking at this in a clear headed way. Namely, there is so much misinformation and “white noise”, I’m leaning on my own experience (current career and in other fields) and instincts to see what makes sense to me. Here is what makes sense:

1. Dysfunctional leadership with no strategic direction or clear vision for nearly 20 years, but then we are led to believe *poof” - like magic - Miami became structured, disciplined and focused all in 6 weeks, because Frenk deployed a 2-man team to assist him??? Nah

2. Miami now has It’s act together in a mere 6 weeks without a department-wide reorg or firings outside of blake James??? Nah

I’m just not seeing points 1 or 2 that at all, because it usually requires an overhaul of people and processes and that is a change management install that typically takes a while to stick.

3. No PR or communication strategy to provide a single source of truth (deployment strategy to contain leaks, infighting, and misinformation). And we know this is true, because the local and National media (and bloggers/Twitterverse) have run hog wild with the narrative.

4. Point 3 is a result of major fault-lines in points 1 and 2

5. If no nunez or jurich, then who? Why is this important? Because odds are, we would’ve received leaks on a front runner or other interviewees. How do I know this? Because we received leaks on all the other Interviewees. It’s leaked everytime due to point 3. Are we to believe these mythical P5 ADs were front runners over Nunez, but escaped the leaks of interviewing or being named as strong candidates? That just seems unlikely to me, but what do I know.

To me it feels like Nunez pulled out and now they’re left scrambling. That what this “feels” like to me

I’m no insider…just my thoughts on it. I’m just a dude posting from my couch

Last edited:
Im not knocking Cribby or anyone, because I’m far from an insider, but I’m looking at this in a clear headed way. Namely, there is so much misinformation and “white noise”, I’m leaning on my own experience (current career and in other fields) and instincts to see what makes sense to me. Here is what makes sense:

1. Dysfunctional leadership with no strategic direction or clear vision for nearly 20 years, but then we are less to believe *poof” - like magic - Miami became structured, disciplined and focused all in 6 weeks, because Frenk deployed a 2-man team to assist him???

2. Miami now has It’s act together in a mere 6 weeks without a department-wide reorg or firings outside of blake James???

No way; I’m not seeing points 1 or 2 that at all. That requires an overhaul of people and processes and it is a change management install that typically takes a while to stick.

3. No PR or communication strategy to provide a single source of truth (that contains leaks, infighting, and misinformation). And we know this is true, because the local and National media (and bloggers/Twitterverse) have run run hog wild with the narrative.

5. If no nunez or jurich, then who? Why is this important? Because odds are, we would’ve received leaks on a front runner or other interviewees. How do I know this? Because we received leaks on all the other Interviewees. It’s leaked everytime due to point 3. Are we to believe these mythical P5 ADs were front runners over Nunez, but escaped the leaks of interviewing or bring strong candidates? That just seems unlikely to me, but what do I know.

To me it feels like Nunez pulled out and now they’re left scrambling. That what this “feels” like to me

Can't get mad at this post ....thumbs up to u good sir

Advertisement

1. Dysfunctional leadership with no strategic direction or clear vision for nearly 20 years, but then we are led to believe *poof” - like magic - Miami became structured, disciplined and focused all in 6 weeks, because Frenk deployed a 2-man team to assist him??? Nah

2. Miami now has It’s act together in a mere 6 weeks without a department-wide reorg or firings outside of blake James??? Nah

I’m just not seeing points 1 or 2 that at all, because it usually requires an overhaul of people and processes and that is a change management install that typically takes a while to stick.

3. No PR or communication strategy to provide a single source of truth (deployment strategy to contain leaks, infighting, and misinformation). And we know this is true, because the local and National media (and bloggers/Twitterverse) have run hog wild with the narrative.

5. If no nunez or jurich, then who? Why is this important? Because odds are, we would’ve received leaks on a front runner or other interviewees. How do I know this? Because we received leaks on all the other Interviewees. It’s leaked everytime due to point 3. Are we to believe these mythical P5 ADs were front runners over Nunez, but escaped the leaks of interviewing or being named as strong candidates? That just seems unlikely to me, but what do I know.

Yup. It's basically been 3 weeks since James has been canned yet we still haven't filled our AD seat. Meanwhile, ND just hired a coach in 2 days. The timeline for when we'll have an AD in place keeps moving back and back and back. Something's not right. My gut is that we keep whiffing. ADs are probably put off by our dysfunctional power structure or the lack of resources we're willing to commit to the football program. The only silver lining in all of this is maybe big time ADs are being offered a role with limited power in the football space, since that's how Mario prefers it, and they're opting out. That's probably me just wishcasting though.

5. If no nunez or jurich, then who? Why is this important? Because odds are, we would’ve received leaks on a front runner or other interviewees. How do I know this? Because we received leaks on all the other Interviewees. It’s leaked everytime due to point 3. Are we to believe these mythical P5 ADs were front runners over Nunez, but escaped the leaks of interviewing or bring strong candidates? That just seems unlikely to me, but what do I know.

I largely agree with your line of thinking but it is also possible that Nunez was recommended by someone with influence and his interview didn't overcome the objection of others. We've all interviewed those type of candidates.

The only way I see Nunez being offered the job is if the job responsibilities and control where going to be drastically different and that Miami knows that won't get a normal A.D. to agree to those conditions. The thing is, I would expect those conditions to leak and they have not so far.

I guess we always have the option that Miami isn't going to do **** and Nunez is our ceiling as an A.D. and Manny is our ceiling as a coach.

Advertisement
Definitely not. No idea who this guy is he just joined twitter in 2020 & started a youtube stream.

There used to be a message board back in the day called miami-hurricanes.com (shadows board) where all the connected guys like him posted. I don't think the people making the decisions have any clue of what there going to do so I don't believe any of these people when it comes to the ad search

There used to be a message board back in the day called miami-hurricanes.com (shadows board) where all the connected guys like him posted. I don't think the people making the decisions have any clue of what there going to do so I don't believe any of these people when it comes to the ad search
I'm familiar with the board but not the name. Did he post under a different handle?

Advertisement
Good Lord, the self-importance to be a fan filming themselves for 45 minutes talking in circles as if they're the authority. I don't care how connected someone is, could've condensed this to five minutes max.

Great, the local media sucks at their job and has no accountability—and it took over five minutes to share that the roundabout way. Got it.

I just wanted to bump guys bc Flo doubled down on his word and called everyone else bull**** particularly @Cribby who said they were targeting power 5 ad. I got it directly from the source he says 😂. How about that bomb dropped on him today

I just wanted to bump guys bc Flo doubled down on his word and called everyone else bull**** particularly @Cribby who said they were targeting power 5 ad. I got it directly from the source he says 😂. How about that bomb dropped on him today
Honestly, I hope we hire a top notch power 5 AD AND this clown show disappears. He’s just a different version of the weird Miami cartel rap kid and his nonsense look at me clips….. just shut up…

At no point does any half sane Canes fan wake up and say let me see what highway this loud mouth pulled over his Jetta on to ramble about the Canes…

Did he pull his own receipts as well or nah?

Advertisement
Back