A lot of shell shocked wimps

Advertisement
Haven’t not been sold with this Iowa *** offense but the real test comes on Saturday. After watching Lashlees offense last year and this year Offense has been interesting to say the least. But I will be skeptical until Saturday, hopefully Gattis calls a good game

I can't be the only one watching our OL not block anybody on pass plays last week.

I believe we will win, but coaching impact has been negligible to this point, imo.

Advertisement
When has the ever stopped Miami of the last 20 years from losing to a team that ended up being ***?

Exactly.

118-85 since the 2005 Peach Bowl—makes for a 7-5 average the past 16 seasons.

The only one with their ****s in their hands have been this program—who is yet to win the ACC and has one Coastal title since divisions started in 2005.

aTm are beatable clowns. So are a lot of teams the Canes lost to as of late; 28-24 since Richt’s 10-0 start in 2017.

Get the win and then we can all start the back-slapping. Until then, conditioned to expect the worst while hoping the boys actually show up game three under Mari-yo.

I can't be the only one watching our OL not block anybody on pass plays last week.

I believe we will win, but coaching impact has been negligible to this point, imo.
I rewatched the game today and this stuck out the most. Honestly after the review, I didn’t think the play calling was bad at all. There was a lot of balance and a fair amount of plays with vertical routes that TVD never had time for. I will say that he didn’t play his best game and missed some throws, but the OL was not good. Second half was different though.

I rewatched the game today and this stuck out the most. Honestly after the review, I didn’t think the play calling was bad at all. There was a lot of balance and a fair amount of plays with vertical routes that TVD never had time for. I will say that he didn’t play his best game and missed some throws, but the OL was not good. Second half was different though.
They were better in 2H.

But for the life of me I don't understand how 5th yr SRs can be standing there not blocking anybody on a pass play. Nobody.

Advertisement
They were better in 2H.

But for the life of me I don't understand how 5th yr SRs can be standing there not blocking anybody on a pass play. Nobody.
Yeah it happened several times. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains with these guys learning a new system because conceptually I didn’t mind what I saw, but the execution was not great. Like just assignments being missed here and there on a couple drives kept this from not having a bigger scoring margin. Was an odd game where we didn’t looks great but it never felt out of control. Almost felt like a practice.

Might just take a little for it to all click.

Advertisement
christmas love GIF by Kool Aid
This is accurate but add the gin

Advertisement
Dudes on here acting like we facing Bama/UGA or something.. these dudes ain’t did sh**..

We winning.
Man look..I’m hoping A&M doesn’t have its **** together by Saturday..seen dudes on their sidelines kee kee keeing during that app game..I hope the culture is off..but If A&M is ready to go (they will be) don’t expect to see the same showing 9pm at Kyle field from that team. We gunna have to thoroughly play a game in all 3 phases to walk out the place with a W

Yeah it happened several times. I’m hoping it’s just growing pains with these guys learning a new system because conceptually I didn’t mind what I saw, but the execution was not great. Like just an assignment here and there being missed kept this from not having a bigger scoring margin. Might just take a little for it to all click.
I wouldn’t remotely claim to be an X’s & O’s guy. On the flip side, I think the run blocking has improved, and by a good bit, from before. We also have not played top flight competition yet and so I think whatever we have, we’ll see in the aTm game - playbook, players, schemes, plays… etc.

From what you - or any of you guys have seen thus far - does it look like we’ve progressed on the run game side and if so - by a notable amount?

I wouldn’t remotely claim to be an X’s & O’s guy. On the flip side, I think the run blocking has improved, and by a good bit, from before. We also have not played top flight competition yet and so I think whatever we have, we’ll see in the aTm game - playbook, players, schemes, plays… etc.

From what you - or any of you guys have seen thus far - does it look like we’ve progressed on the run game side and if so - by a notable amount?

I can't answer - I'm likely a bit biased.

Oh ****. 15-0 !

In the run game I’d say for sure. I know many are saying they think Mario and Gattis just want to pound the rock but I don’t think that’s true. What I do think is they are trying to breed a mentality where the Oline and offense knows they can do it when it needs to be done, which is why you’re seeing them heavily lean on these guys the first two games. They need to develop that toughness/skill in this Oline group if they’re going to go into games like A&M and Clemson and compete. This team does not have the talent to win on talent alone yet. They have to be able to win the dogfights by dragging teams into deep waters (long sustained drives, burning the clock, time of possession, stout defense). Those start and end in the trenches. I think our backs are getting used to this scheme too and will learn to be more patient as the zone run blocks develop, but they’ve been good so far.

Pass blocking is tough to say. First half was not all that good, but there were moments with really good pocket protection. As all the coaches have said, it’s a work in progress.

Advertisement
Back