A look into next year

1) I doubt that 10,000%... Enos has never fielded a top 10 offense in his entire career & I don't see that happening next year either. 2) He's overplayed because the job isn't just QB development is specifically X's & O's which is just as integral as QB development. 3) I'll believe it when I see it with the OL. & 4) JW will not be anything close to a Heisman candidate regardless of WR development. He can be good, but Heisman talk is insanity lol.

I'm not sold on Enos one bit & will not be until I see it on the field. We're better off running a more modern uptempo Spread offense but obviously Enos isn't getting fired in year 1, so we'll have to endure another year of whatever he trots out there next year as an offense.

His play calling needs a significant drastic overhaul & I'm not listening to no bull**** excuses next year about the OL or us being "too young". I've had enough of that sh*t, this staff either needs to produce or gtfo, its really that simple.
My thing with enos is in the offense he described his play calling as spread coast and to this point L O L. I think the players are starting to take accountability though and that's a great step foward maybe offense can take off

Advertisement
Next year is gonna be a big tell in Diaz's future we return every starter with game experience
Qb: Jarren
Rb: Cam Harris
Wr: Wiggins, Harley, Pope
Te: Brevin
Ol: Nelson, Donaldson,Gaynor, Clark, Scaife
Dl: Garvin, Ford, Nesta, Rousseau
Lb: Mccloud, Joyner
Striker: Frierson
Cb: Bandy, Blades or Ivey
S: Hall, Bolden
LETS RIDE GO CANES

Lets finish this year out..a lot can happen by the time next season starts..ijs

I didnt mean next year's makes me nervous. Coming into this season I felt we had the weakest schedule since we joined the ACC. Other than game vs turds, we should have cake walked through this year's slate. So I just mean I'm not taking any "weak schedule" for granted. This season crushed me. I even lost a big canes over 8.5 wins bet. I couldnt picture 4 losses on our schedule preseason. I really couldn't.

I'm definitely taking the over next year I'm sure it'll be around 8 based on this year.

Normally we have to wait until August for the “We goin all the way!” posts.

It’s like Christmas came early around here.

Advertisement
1) I doubt that 10,000%... Enos has never fielded a top 10 offense in his entire career & I don't see that happening next year either. 2) He's overplayed because the job isn't just QB development is specifically X's & O's which is just as integral as QB development. 3) I'll believe it when I see it with the OL. & 4) JW will not be anything close to a Heisman candidate regardless of WR development. He can be good, but Heisman talk is insanity lol.

I'm not sold on Enos one bit & will not be until I see it on the field. We're better off running a more modern uptempo Spread offense but obviously Enos isn't getting fired in year 1, so we'll have to endure another year of whatever he trots out there next year as an offense.

His play calling needs a significant drastic overhaul & I'm not listening to no bull**** excuses next year about the OL or us being "too young". I've had enough of that sh*t, this staff either needs to produce or gtfo, its really that simple.
Brandon Allen now a starting NFL QB. One thing that had me excited about Enos was his first year 2015 offense at Arkansas with 'less talent than we have'. Brandon allen, hunter henry, alex collins and a good ol.
Maybe wasn't all that little talent.

The genius fake game, i mean Blake James. Im against playing the Famu's BCCs Wagner's and charleston southerns of the world. I dnt think it helps us at all.

I'm totally cool with FAMU and BCC -- it's a warm-up for us, extra home game, and they're in-state schools with awesome bands and big local alumni bases that we want to support. But Charleston Southern was ridiculous and Wagner is a whole new level of stupid -- what jackąss in the athletic department thought scheduling that game made sense??? I bet Blake James met the Wagner AD at some conference and they hit it off...

I'm totally cool with FAMU and BCC -- it's a warm-up for us, extra home game, and they're in-state schools with awesome bands and big local alumni bases that we want to support. But Charleston Southern was ridiculous and Wagner is a whole new level of stupid -- what jackąss in the athletic department thought scheduling that game made sense??? I bet Blake James met the Wagner AD at some conference and they hit it off...

FAMU and BCC have big local alumni bases? And The University of Miami wants to support them?

If you go into any AD's office, you'll see a target objectives poster hanging on a wall. Certainly, those objectives will include:

1. Support other universities
2. Schedule teams with awesome bands

Advertisement
Barring something major, it's looking like the entire current staff will return next year. That means Enos has something not a lot of people get this late in their careers. He has an opportunity to turn a lackluster offense into a potent machine that cranks out points. I don't know if he needs to spend January on a mountaintop in Tibet catch flies with chopsticks or what, but he can consider this year his mulligan because after the string of failures we've had, patience wears thin quicker than most schools.

If Venezell Boulware can leave early...anyone can. Hope these kids don’t take awful advice like in years past.

Advertisement
And that schedule is not weak.

Mich St is B1G school that always runs the ball & plays good Defense regardless of their record & that's an early road game for us, that game is not a guaranteed W.

UAB is very well coached team under Bill Clark, they're not a pushover G5 school, I can tell most of yall don't watch them enough & just think of them as if they're South Alabama or something... Nope, not even close, sleep on them at your own risk.

@ GTech, @ UVA, @ Va Tech & @ Wake Forest are all tough games, especially at Wake. Plus UNC is no gimme even at Hard Rock, that's a game that will be tough because of Mack Brown & Sam Howell who's already beaten us.

If we finish 8-4 this season the expectations for next season will be higher, let's see if this team & this coaching staff could live up to that. If Diaz wants to keep the heat off his back he better hit the ground running next year, cant keep moving the goalposts every time you fail. This is a Wins & Losses business, it's best to get good at winning & not making excuses.

Mich St is total ***. They've scored a total of 17 pts in their last 3 B1G games, and scored 7 pts against the Fighting Herms. Will have a new QB and lose their only decent WR. If Manny can't win that game he's gonna get Taggart'd in yr 2.

Wake will be the toughest conference game on the schedule.

Next year will be dependent on how much the OL improves. Enos will be here whether we like it or not. If line improves enough to run his offense we win at least 10. If not expect another season like this one

The genius fake game, i mean Blake James. Im against playing the Famu's BCCs Wagner's and charleston southerns of the world. I dnt think it helps us at all.
amen, poor attendance as well, if we need easy W's like that..... we in big trouble
everyone seems to be scheduling tougher and tougher home and home series
i will go if team is decent Mich. St. but cupcake city... forget about it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back