A look into next year

Sounds like a you problem. Don't make emotional bets. If the O/U was 3.5 losses, and you couldn't even "picture" 4...maybe stay away next year.
Huh? The fact it was 3.5 and I couldn't even "picture" 4 losses is why I thought it was a good bet and laid money on it. Part of sports gambling is losing bets. Doesn't change the fact I didnt for the life of me see us dropping 3 of our first 4 conference games.

You must be getting your period.

Advertisement
I predict that the 2 deep for posters on CIS will complain about the S. Fla. divas/coaches recruiting in early Feb. and by spring they will be talking about how great one player or another is doing on Green Tree. Then fall practice rolls around and many on here will be preaching 11-1 or 12-0 weak conference/schedule. Then throughout the year everyone needs to be fired because they **** the bed and go 9-4 again with some head scratching losses "GT".

It has happened every year for the last 9 yrs. or so that I've been on here.

Hopefully I'm wrong but history is on my side.

Huh? The fact it was 3.5 and I couldn't even "picture" 4 losses is why I thought it was a good bet and laid money on it. Part of sports gambling is losing bets. Doesn't change the fact I didnt for the life of me see us dropping 3 of our first 4 conference games.

You must be getting your period.

Sure, I understand. You were looking at it through orange and green glasses. You were one of the many fans on this board that were detached from reality, and you lost money because of it.

Vegas had us losing 3-4 games. Everyone in the national media expected us to be nothing more than a decent team, with a chance for improvement by season's end. The voters in the ACC preseason poll had us finishing 2nd in a terrible division, despite getting to play the predicted division winner at home.

So basically everything pointed to us losing 3 or 4 games this year, yet you couldn't even fathom the possibility. Sounds like a classic case of a homer getting carried away with the hype.

But given your previous comments re: next year's schedule in this thread, it sounds like you learned from the experience!

Advertisement
Wait, hold up we’re playing Wagner next year?? I haven’t looked into the next year’s schedule but jezus that’s horrible, what’s the point of even scheduling games like that playing against a bunch of Ryan Ragu’s & Turner Davidson’s ffs

Advertisement
1) I doubt that 10,000%... Enos has never fielded a top 10 offense in his entire career & I don't see that happening next year either. 2) He's overplayed because the job isn't just QB development is specifically X's & O's which is just as integral as QB development. 3) I'll believe it when I see it with the OL. & 4) JW will not be anything close to a Heisman candidate regardless of WR development. He can be good, but Heisman talk is insanity lol.

I'm not sold on Enos one bit & will not be until I see it on the field. We're better off running a more modern uptempo Spread offense but obviously Enos isn't getting fired in year 1, so we'll have to endure another year of whatever he trots out there next year as an offense.

His play calling needs a significant drastic overhaul & I'm not listening to no bull**** excuses next year about the OL or us being "too young". I've had enough of that sh*t, this staff either needs to produce or gtfo, its really that simple.

El..what stats are you referencing? Because in modern CFB the only stats that truly matter are predictive analytics like S&P+. When you analyze those metrics you see that in 2015 his Arkansas Offense was ranked 2nd in the country. You can't look at Total Offense because as you astutely noted about Wazzu's passing offense it's more so a byproduct of attempts, and many other factors. I disagree that X's & O's & scheme are just as important as QB development. The QB position is the most important in all of sports. I don't think it's a coincidence that in the past 15+ yrs MIA's mediocre W&L record has mirrored & run parallel to it's mediocre QB play. Also..it's really not fair to judge Enos as an OC at this juncture, because he did not recruit a single player on Offense, and the players he did inherit were all inexperienced and immature (physically & mentally). Can we at least allow him to recruit his preferred personnel 1st before we judge him? I know it's hard to try to convince a fanbase that has endured close to 20 yrs of ineptitude & mediocrity to be patient, but at the same time this current coaching staff had nothing to do with those yrs. You can cite examples of other teams who are also in yr 1 of a new system (UNC for ex.) that have had success, but the bottom line is they are going from a Larry Fedora spread to an Air Raid, so the transition is much more seamless. We don't have that luxury. We are transitioning from an archaic, prehistoric Offense to one that is diverse & multiple, so growing pains are inevitable & should be expected.

I'm not saying JW is going to win the Heisman. All i'm saying is that he could be a candidate for the award, because I see a QB that has the potential to pass for 3500+ yds.

Last edited:
When is it going to be our year man, it’s always next year we gonna be legit and the same **** happens.

I will be at next years Georgia Tech game with the fam. Its our biennial family event. Getting beat by GaTech 3 years in a row is ***. I just hope this away game at tech we come away with a win.

Advertisement
I think the pros outweigh the cons. We play in a weak division, expand our recruiting footprint, making a statement as pioneers, plus hardrock would be jumping against a USC or Stanford, or Nebraska again
And that schedule is not weak.

Mich St is B1G school that always runs the ball & plays good Defense regardless of their record & that's an early road game for us, that game is not a guaranteed W.

UAB is very well coached team under Bill Clark, they're not a pushover G5 school, I can tell most of yall don't watch them enough & just think of them as if they're South Alabama or something... Nope, not even close, sleep on them at your own risk.

@ GTech, @ UVA, @ Va Tech & @ Wake Forest are all tough games, especially at Wake. Plus UNC is no gimme even at Hard Rock, that's a game that will be tough because of Mack Brown & Sam Howell who's already beaten us.

If we finish 8-4 this season the expectations for next season will be higher, let's see if this team & this coaching staff could live up to that. If Diaz wants to keep the heat off his back he better hit the ground running next year, cant keep moving the goalposts every time you fail. This is a Wins & Losses business, it's best to get good at winning & not making excuses.

This is why I laughted at the other posters comments about a weak schedule! So sick of that statement. I found a cup from the OB from 92 with our schedule. That’s the year we played for a chance to win back to back.

Advertisement
Sure, I understand. You were looking at it through orange and green glasses. You were one of the many fans on this board that were detached from reality, and you lost money because of it.

Vegas had us losing 3-4 games. Everyone in the national media expected us to be nothing more than a decent team, with a chance for improvement by season's end. The voters in the ACC preseason poll had us finishing 2nd in a terrible division, despite getting to play the predicted division winner at home.

So basically everything pointed to us losing 3 or 4 games this year, yet you couldn't even fathom the possibility. Sounds like a classic case of a homer getting carried away with the hype.

But given your previous comments re: next year's schedule in this thread, it sounds like you learned from the experience!
152393576.jpeg

Pathetic schedule again.. we have to have the two worst schedules the past two years ..
Really? We are 1 game above .500 with this years pathetic schedule. I honestly think next years is a little tougher so Manny better finish this year strong, get momentum for recruiting and keep pushing this team in the right direction or we will be very disappointed...again...next year by mid season.

Advertisement
Back