A look into next year

Advertisement
@MSU. They are not a pushover. Tough as **** on defense and will cause is problems if we don’t fix our offense. Temple isn’t a pushover as well. You know they will want to make a statement vs Manny
None of them are Florida or LSU. MSU is tough but we should be favored. Plus we should have some games under our belt to workout the kinks. They are solid teams but they also very beatable.

Looking at that opening group of games, can’t help but wonder what this season might have looked like with 2-3 warm-up type games.

all our games this year should have been warm up games. we should have beaten every team we lost to this year, period. florida scored 2 td's on us where 1 was from a long run when a hold should have been called on the wr and the second was when JT fumbled the punt close to the goal line. we missed a fg and had mental mistakes on the last drive. we should have beaten the gator 31-10

Hopefully Wake is losing that QB they got and Sage Surratt. Them two are the goods. No I am not scared of wake

Looking forward to people still using the "we're young" excuse for the offense.

El..next yr Enos makes you into a believer. We gotta keep in mind that Enos makes $1.5 mil/yr not simply because of X's & O's or playcalling, but because he's one of the best developers of QBs in CFB. And next yr not only will the O-line be markedly improved, but JW could be a Heisman candidate depending on the development of the WR core

Last edited:
Advertisement
And that schedule is not weak.

Mich St is B1G school that always runs the ball & plays good Defense regardless of their record & that's an early road game for us, that game is not a guaranteed W.

UAB is very well coached team under Bill Clark, they're not a pushover G5 school, I can tell most of yall don't watch them enough & just think of them as if they're South Alabama or something... Nope, not even close, sleep on them at your own risk.

@ GTech, @ UVA, @ Va Tech & @ Wake Forest are all tough games, especially at Wake. Plus UNC is no gimme even at Hard Rock, that's a game that will be tough because of Mack Brown & Sam Howell who's already beaten us.

If we finish 8-4 this season the expectations for next season will be higher, let's see if this team & this coaching staff could live up to that. If Diaz wants to keep the heat off his back he better hit the ground running next year, cant keep moving the goalposts every time you fail. This is a Wins & Losses business, it's best to get good at winning & not making excuses.

I didnt mean next year's makes me nervous. Coming into this season I felt we had the weakest schedule since we joined the ACC. Other than game vs turds, we should have cake walked through this year's slate. So I just mean I'm not taking any "weak schedule" for granted. This season crushed me. I even lost a big canes over 8.5 wins bet. I couldnt picture 4 losses on our schedule preseason. I really couldn't.

Sounds like a you problem. Don't make emotional bets. If the O/U was 3.5 losses, and you couldn't even "picture" 4...maybe stay away next year.

El..next yr Enos makes you into a believer. We gotta keep in mind that Enos makes $1.5 mil/yr not simply because of X's & O's or playcalling, but because he's one of the best developers of QBs in the CFB. And next yr not only will the O-line be markedly improved, but JW could be a Heisman candidate depending on the development of the WR core
1) I doubt that 10,000%... Enos has never fielded a top 10 offense in his entire career & I don't see that happening next year either. 2) He's overplayed because the job isn't just QB development is specifically X's & O's which is just as integral as QB development. 3) I'll believe it when I see it with the OL. & 4) JW will not be anything close to a Heisman candidate regardless of WR development. He can be good, but Heisman talk is insanity lol.

I'm not sold on Enos one bit & will not be until I see it on the field. We're better off running a more modern uptempo Spread offense but obviously Enos isn't getting fired in year 1, so we'll have to endure another year of whatever he trots out there next year as an offense.

His play calling needs a significant drastic overhaul & I'm not listening to no bull**** excuses next year about the OL or us being "too young". I've had enough of that sh*t, this staff either needs to produce or gtfo, its really that simple.

Advertisement
Bethune Cookman is 6-2 on the season, Wagner is 1-8.

And on the FCS level the MEAC is Head & shoulders better than the Northeast conference.

You might be right this year, but recently and for sure last year the Northeast conference was very similar to the MEAC. Head and shoulders is simply not true.

But I’m not gonna argue on Wager’s behalf. They’re a scrimmage for a team like Miami. But my only point was, so is Bethune. It’s literally no different. But since nobody has heard of Wagner and Bethune is local, it’s the worst game we’ve ever scheduled. They’re both games Miami will win 60-0. So who cares? Nobody goes this nuts when we schedule Bethune.

Advertisement
You might be right this year, but recently and for sure last year the Northeast conference was very similar to the MEAC. Head and shoulders is simply not true.

But I’m not gonna argue on Wager’s behalf. They’re a scrimmage for a team like Miami. But my only point was, so is Bethune. It’s literally no different. But since nobody has heard of Wagner and Bethune is local, it’s the worst game we’ve ever scheduled. They’re both games Miami will win 60-0. So who cares? Nobody goes this nuts when we schedule Bethune.
Wagner hasn't had a winning season since 2014 & the MEAC actually sends dozens of players to the NFL every year both through the draft & as UDFA's.

BCC is a clear cut better football program than Wagner which is **** near a D3 school, so I think people have a legitimate gripe in being disappointed in Blake's decision to schedule them.

It's not necessarily a big deal to me because it doesn't matter overall, but Wagner is not a program we should be scheduling in Football, Basketball maybe, but Football, no fckin way lol. There's several other FCS schools that would be better than Wagner, we could do better in picking a FCS team to scrimmage against lol.

all our games this year should have been warm up games. we should have beaten every team we lost to this year, period. florida scored 2 td's on us where 1 was from a long run when a hold should have been called on the wr and the second was when JT fumbled the punt close to the goal line. we missed a fg and had mental mistakes on the last drive. we should have beaten the gator 31-10

Man listen, I’d love to have another shot at UF and think we should’ve beat them too, but it’s nonsense to call that a warm-up game.

Same idea going right into conference play after that (against a decent UNC team). That’s clearly not the same start to the season as a Temple and Wagner, not even close.

Advertisement
El..next yr Enos makes you into a believer. We gotta keep in mind that Enos makes $1.5 mil/yr not simply because of X's & O's or playcalling, but because he's one of the best developers of QBs in the CFB. And next yr not only will the O-line be markedly improved, but JW could be a Heisman candidate depending on the development of the WR core
Enos is an average division 1 OC. He has not shown the ability to scheme around or uplift the weaknesses in his personnel. This goes for play design, play calling, substitutions, personnel choices, and adjustments. For us to be better than a mediocre program, we need better than a mediocre OC.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. We play in a weak division, expand our recruiting footprint, making a statement as pioneers, plus hardrock would be jumping against a USC or Stanford, or Nebraska again

You're assuming we could get a home and home with any of these teams.

The reason every team has a ****** FCS team on the schedule is to get that extra home game. They pay these teams to have it technically considered an away game yet they keep all the revenue like its a normal home game.

Its all about the Benjamins.

Sounds like a you problem. Don't make emotional bets. If the O/U was 3.5 losses, and you couldn't even "picture" 4...maybe stay away next year.
Huh? The fact it was 3.5 and I couldn't even "picture" 4 losses is why I thought it was a good bet and laid money on it. Part of sports gambling is losing bets. Doesn't change the fact I didnt for the life of me see us dropping 3 of our first 4 conference games.

You must be getting your period.

Advertisement
Back