A Look Back at the Class of 2001

All I can do is shake my head when I see Meast's highlights from hs to the U to the skins. He never changed the way he played. Unreal watching him hitting people lol

Advertisement
Figured I'd bump this since we've added so many new folks since then.

I know it was Don Soldinger pushing for Roscoe to get a ship. You'd think with the success of Santana, Butch Davis would've been more receptive to signing a short WR.

I said it back in '01 after Butch left that if Miami were to promote someone from the remaining Miami coaching staff to become HC, it should have been Soldinger. Sarge had the traits and mentality of a discplined HC. Traits that Coker seriously lacked.

Advertisement
Man, KW2 was a MFing bad *** in HS, as he continued to be.

His coaches unleashed a maniac against those JV *** lookin teams they faced, almost a borderline criminal offense lol

Advertisement
Nice post. All their highlights looked like 4-star to 5-star to me, cuz that's exactly what it is- HIGHLIGHTS. Just shows you that recruiting rankings with stars is probably 50% scientific and 50% subjective.

Crazy that playing in South Florida we haven't been able to get another guy like Roscoe Parrish. Looking at our roster right now I would love to have a player like that which is why I was disappointed that Whitfield bolted. Great post though D.

I remember watching Kelly Jennings several times when he played at Live Oak. Dude was smooth as a receiver, and I thought that was his best position. You could see the potential as a corner. But talk about a silky smooth route runner, dude was the goods with excellent hands.

Advertisement
Great to look back. That 2001 class was instrumental in our unreal STs of 2001. Imagine our KO coverage unit - we had guys like Carl Walker, Geathers, Taylor, KW2, Rolle, to go along with ST deamons like JWeaver et al

And, in 2002, we added crazy Buck, and even AJ flying down to cover a KO.

Last edited:
Man...I remember watching Andrew Williams and thinking he would be an absolute stud at the next level

Advertisement
Au, great call regarding special teams. I remember S Taylor knocking pure fire from a pitt player on punt coverage in '01.

Coker was a pitiful excuse for a head coach. ****** recruiter, ****** evaluator, ****** game day coach, and captain of camp cupcake.

The man took the greatest program in the world and turned it in to a whole lotta average.

Coker was about as effective at recruiting as he was hunting rabbits

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back