A look at the new uniforms

View as article
That's the Techfit. It's Adidas highest quality jersey. If we get rid of that we're choosing a cheaper quality just for a little better design. Nope. Function over fashion all day.

Lol at people thinking that a couple more skinny holes bring ventilation. They invented that to charge mall and added a fancy name to it. Just use tiny holes and use the same fabric and your done. A jersey aint making u perform better the person in it does. U cudda put sean taylor in a north face he would of urdered dudes regardless
It's not for ventilation dumbnut. Those are seams to make it move with your body better which keeps it tighter and harder to grab. Did anybody say it makes you perform better? No. But if you're wanting to sacrifice better quality uni and better function for a look then this sport isn't for you.

I actually like them. Makes the shade of Orange darker and closer to the Russell Athletics.

Unfortunately they can't. Nike has a patent on that shade of orange and the original shade of green. This is going to be the closest we can get, brody. But I like them, a lot.

I never heard of this. Nike's Orange was different than Russell's any way. I hated Nike's Orange.

Advertisement
Nike's orange was actually a bit lighter. I hated it. The adidas Orange is much closer to our Russell orange.

What the **** are we rolling out against GT something green ???

I think we're wearing the green feathers against GT. My guess is they're not 100% ready, or we want to debut them against a real team, not a 1920s trash team like Tech.

I think the reason we're wearing our green jerseys and not the new jerseys is because GT wears white at home, which complicates what we would wear. I think UM/Adidas didn't want for us to wear our new orange home jerseys for the first time on the road, and since the new jerseys aren't being made in green, we'll wear the green feathers (maybe for the last time).

That makes sense. I know GT wears white at home (except for odd times when they don't (they've worn gold against us, like '04 and blue against us like in '10), but we've worn orange against them there too, but if they're wanting us to wear the new orange before FSU, and they're not making the new ones in green....we get the feathers one more time.

Advertisement
Lol at people thinking that a couple more skinny holes bring ventilation. They invented that to charge mall and added a fancy name to it. Just use tiny holes and use the same fabric and your done. A jersey aint making u perform better the person in it does. U cudda put sean taylor in a north face he would of urdered dudes regardless
It's not for ventilation dumbnut. Those are seams to make it move with your body better which keeps it tighter and harder to grab. Did anybody say it makes you perform better? No. But if you're wanting to sacrifice better quality uni and better function for a look then this sport isn't for you.

I actually like them. Makes the shade of Orange darker and closer to the Russell Athletics.

Unfortunately they can't. Nike has a patent on that shade of orange and the original shade of green. This is going to be the closest we can get, brody. But I like them, a lot.

I never heard of this. Nike's Orange was different than Russell's any way. I hated Nike's Orange.

Nike took over in 87. Nothing changed about the jersey color pattern. The jersey started taking on different shades of orange in I believe in 89. Again, I'm relating to you what I found out. Noticed that Adidas green is a shimmery, translucent dark green v. our matte dark green. When Nike took over, they had complete rights to everything apparel, and like I said, they patented certain color rights. However, Adidas has mimicked our original color scheme the closest possible. It won't be exact, just like they couldn't exactly mimic Michigan's original color scheme, but I'm very satisfied w this look. The font, the number placement, the stitching, it's spot on.

Nike took over in 87. Nothing changed about the jersey color pattern. The jersey started taking on different shades of orange in I believe in 89. Again, I'm relating to you what I found out. Noticed that Adidas green is a shimmery, translucent dark green v. our matte dark green. When Nike took over, they had complete rights to everything apparel, and like I said, they patented certain color rights. However, Adidas has mimicked our original color scheme the closest possible. It won't be exact, just like they couldn't exactly mimic Michigan's original color scheme, but I'm very satisfied w this look. The font, the number placement, the stitching, it's spot on.

Didn't Nike take over in 1995? Nike changed the Orange to a lighter one in 1996 with the shadow box numbers.

Advertisement

Didn't Nike take over in 1995? Nike changed the Orange to a lighter one in 1996 with the shadow box numbers.

No sir; the exclusive apparel deal pioneered in 87.

We were still wearing Russell jerseys in 1988. No pun attended. Check the bottom right hand corner of the jersey maryland89.jpg

And in 94 malcolm-pearson-1994-miami-hurricanes-bumble-bee-sga.jpg

Last edited:
I thought we originally had just Nike shoes and such to start out with? Might be why the jerseys took awhile to turn over?

We were still wearing Russell jerseys in 1988. No pun attended. Check the bottom right hand corner of the jersey View attachment 38791

And in 94 View attachment 38792

Bro, swear to God I was just about to recant that statement. We had the shoes, hats, and off field apparel Nike, but the jerseys were still under Russell. The deal pioneered in 87, but Nike didn't make the football jerseys until 95 like [MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] stated.

Advertisement
I thought we originally had just Nike shoes and such to start out with? Might be why the jerseys took awhile to turn over?

Ur absolutely correct, I was wrong on the time line for jersey creation.

Last edited:
You can't patent a color. You can patent a process to make a color but not the color itself. So anyone can reproduce a color.

Advertisement

We were still wearing Russell jerseys in 1988. No pun attended. Check the bottom right hand corner of the jersey View attachment 38791

And in 94 View attachment 38792

Bro, swear to God I was just about to recant that statement. We had the shoes, hats, and off field apparel Nike, but the jerseys were still under Russell. The deal pioneered in 87, but Nike didn't make the football jerseys until 95 like [MENTION=908]Hurracanes[/MENTION] stated.

So Nike owns that shade of Orange created by Russell Athletic? Interesting. Either way, I love Adidas's current shade of Orange. Nike's Orange in 2014 looked close to Tennessee.

You can't patent a color. You can patent a process to make a color but not the color itself. So anyone can reproduce a color.

Ok, Nike patented Maize, which is a color for Michigan Uniforms. Adidas had to come up w the color Sun, which looked as close as possible to Maize, but it wasn't quite Maize. I think you're hitting the nail on the head as far as schematics; you can't truly patent a color, per say, but to get a color to a certain depth of tone can be patented. I was just highlighting that it may not be possible to match the depth of tone of the oranges and greens we had b/c when Nike took over, they had exclusive rights to all apparel, and very well could've patented certain color marks.

Fox, ESPN and Barstool showing Miami and new uniforms mad love.

Fox.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

Uniforms 2.jpg

IMG_5519 (1).jpg

Last edited:
That's the Techfit. It's Adidas highest quality jersey. If we get rid of that we're choosing a cheaper quality just for a little better design. Nope. Function over fashion all day.

Lol so the fabric slippery and tight? Harder to grab? This some new tech? Satin has been around since flinstones

That boy [MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] is my guy. Lol. Funny AF! He brings up some valid points, though.

These companies be coming up w new names on their designs, but at the end of the day, ain't ish changed. Adidas don't need the "tire tracks" on their knit designs; it's something they created and patented, but at the end of the day, they could make their knits just as breathable and fluid w/o the marks.

UA is the inventor of the knit material; everyone else, including Nike, are coming up w their versions. ND is using UA's knit pattern for their jerseys, to make it more fluid and tight, so it's harder to grab on to, yet you do not see track patterns. Nike's pro-combat material mimics UA, with certain distinct features belonging to Nike; yet again, you don't see track markings. At the end of the day, this is Adidas version of their knit package.

All in all, these jerseys are still super dope and super clean, and I love them.

All that tech talk is moneu grab same **** with everything else if people fall for that **** shame on them. Unless we talking weed like sour haze see thats different lmao.....apple has a new camera one framerate faster but we chargin u 600$......cmon maaaaan. All in all i am kinda slowly feeling these uniforms and **** sho these shyts better than the feathers bullshyt.

Advertisement
Back