A look at the new uniforms

View as article
[TWEET]778251989616648192[/TWEET]

Actually looking aight in this vid need the diamonds off that jersey

That's the Techfit. It's Adidas highest quality jersey. If we get rid of that we're choosing a cheaper quality just for a little better design. Nope. Function over fashion all day.

Lol at people thinking that a couple more skinny holes bring ventilation. They invented that to charge mall and added a fancy name to it. Just use tiny holes and use the same fabric and your done. A jersey aint making u perform better the person in it does. U cudda put sean taylor in a north face he would of urdered dudes regardless

Advertisement

That's the Techfit. It's Adidas highest quality jersey. If we get rid of that we're choosing a cheaper quality just for a little better design. Nope. Function over fashion all day.

Lol at people thinking that a couple more skinny holes bring ventilation. They invented that to charge mall and added a fancy name to it. Just use tiny holes and use the same fabric and your done. A jersey aint making u perform better the person in it does. U cudda put sean taylor in a north face he would of urdered dudes regardless
It's not for ventilation dumbnut. Those are seams to make it move with your body better which keeps it tighter and harder to grab. Did anybody say it makes you perform better? No. But if you're wanting to sacrifice better quality uni and better function for a look then this sport isn't for you.

It's not for ventilation dumbnut. Those are seams to make it move with your body better which keeps it tighter and harder to grab. Did anybody say it makes you perform better? No. But if you're wanting to sacrifice better quality uni and better function for a look then this sport isn't for you.

I actually like them. Makes the shade of Orange darker and closer to the Russell Athletics.

Advertisement
ahhhh these guys huh

1294%20UM%20vs%20VT%20football%201018

Advertisement

Lol so the fabric slippery and tight? Harder to grab? This some new tech? Satin has been around since flinstones

I feel like all the stars are aligning at once for the Canes. Coaching upgrades. Facility upgrades. Uniform upgrades. Talent upgrades to come. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane.

What the **** are we rolling out against GT something green ???

I think we're wearing the green feathers against GT. My guess is they're not 100% ready, or we want to debut them against a real team, not a 1920s trash team like Tech.

I think the reason we're wearing our green jerseys and not the new jerseys is because GT wears white at home, which complicates what we would wear. I think UM/Adidas didn't want for us to wear our new orange home jerseys for the first time on the road, and since the new jerseys aren't being made in green, we'll wear the green feathers (maybe for the last time).

Advertisement

Lol so the fabric slippery and tight? Harder to grab? This some new tech? Satin has been around since flinstones

YOu just love to be a contrarian huh?

I actually like them. Makes the shade of Orange darker and closer to the Russell Athletics.

Unfortunately they can't. Nike has a patent on that shade of orange and the original shade of green. This is going to be the closest we can get, brody. But I like them, a lot.

Unfortunately they can't. Nike has a patent on that shade of orange and the original shade of green. This is going to be the closest we can get, brody. But I like them, a lot.

Hey Rell, how can nike have the patent if Russell Athletics were the ones they rocked first??? just curious.. I still have my Irvin Russell one..have to go dig it out the crate, for real.

Advertisement

You can't attempt to make it girly when you're arguing patterns over actual functionality. You'd rather us get their second rate crap

That boy [MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] is my guy. Lol. Funny AF! He brings up some valid points, though.

These companies be coming up w new names on their designs, but at the end of the day, ain't ish changed. Adidas don't need the "tire tracks" on their knit designs; it's something they created and patented, but at the end of the day, they could make their knits just as breathable and fluid w/o the marks.

UA is the inventor of the knit material; everyone else, including Nike, are coming up w their versions. ND is using UA's knit pattern for their jerseys, to make it more fluid and tight, so it's harder to grab on to, yet you do not see track patterns. Nike's pro-combat material mimics UA, with certain distinct features belonging to Nike; yet again, you don't see track markings. At the end of the day, this is Adidas version of their knit package.

All in all, these jerseys are still super dope and super clean, and I love them.

Hey Rell, how can nike have the patent if Russell Athletics were the ones they rocked first??? just curious.. I still have my Irvin Russell one..have to go dig it out the crate, for real.

What's up my guy; this is what I understand in talking w my frat who works for Nike:

B4 the apparel business took off, as we know it today, back in the day, companies like Russell, Champion, and Starter were simply apparel making companies. When Nike started the modern trend as we know it today w us, they took over the complete rights...in essence, they took over our colors, stitch patterns, etc. When doing that, they patented color usage, as well. Other companies have done the same thing. For instance, look at Tennessee's Orange, now, compared to Tennessee's Orange w Adidas; the Nike Version is slightly darker. No difference with Michigan and the Maize; Adidas couldn't touch the Maize, even though UofM have been rocking Maize forever, well b4 Nike; when Nike took over their apparel, they took over the complete rights of the color scheme.

Advertisement
Back