A look at the Clempson depth chart

Advertisement
What tape should I look at genius? Miami's defense has only given up FORTY points once in the five years he's been here, last year against VT in a game we turned it over five or six times in the game.

Well so far this season King hasn't thrown a pick and we have no RB fumbles. Still you somehow believe Clemson can "easily" score SEVEN touchdowns against our D with what will likely be minimal turnovers by our offense.

Ok.

And dude, questioning someone's IQ then dropping a bang your sister insult made me lol.

Thanks for the chuckle Mr. sit at home "watching tape" arm chair coordinator.

what clearly establishes you as an ignoramus: you cited a "historical statistic." what matters are not stats, (and certainly even less those of prior seasons), but what the film says about personnel, matchups, and schemes. fanboys reference stats. coaches know better. you are clearly one and not the other.

thanks for doing nothing to alleviate my concern about the state of our public school system.

what clearly establishes you as an ignoramus: you cited a "historical statistic." what matters are not stats, (and certainly even less those of prior seasons), but what the film says about personnel, matchups, and schemes. fanboys reference stats. coaches know better. you are clearly one and not the other.

thanks for doing nothing to alleviate my concern about the state of our public school system.

Ok throw out history.

Tell me coach, Clemson scores 49 on Citadel and 37 on Wake Forest, what film are you seeing that indicates this offense, this year can “EASILY” score SEVEN touchdowns against our defense.

It’ll be interesting to see if Clemson tries to play it safe against us to start the game and dink and dunk down the field to open up the deep passing game, or do they attempt to strike deep early to set up the run and to test our secondary?

Etienne is the closest I’ve seen a back to Alvin Kamara. I’d prefer we focused on containing their ground game. Make Lawrence beat us, but we can’t get gashed on the ground or it’ll be a very long day.

Advertisement
Back in 92 we went to the Sugar Bowl against Alabama certain that we would win. We had a QB who had just won the Heisman. We had Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones, Stephen McGuire, Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland, Kevin Williams, the Bermuda Triangle, and a roster full of NFL talent.

Alabama did not have more talent than us. They did have a game plan to handle us on both sides of the ball and it worked. On that 92 Alabama roster was a wide receiver with a whopping 4 catches for 48 yards for the year. His name was Dabo Swinney. Payback's a bytch.
That game was a nightmare. The Teague strip is top 5 most memorable infamous plays i can remember.

We definitely have enough talent and experience to win this game.

That game was a nightmare. The Teague strip is top 5 most memorable infamous plays i can remember.

I had a brief hope that would be the turning point and it was crushed in a matter of seconds.

Starting a TE at LT against an AA was doomed to do us in, though. We were no match for that DL.

Advertisement
Their score in the Citadel game is deceptive ; starters were out literally the whole second half. Three Qbs played... I think virtually everyone on the team saw the field...

I am concerned about our CBs ability to hang with receivers that have shown the ability to make tough/contested catches. That and they have a QB that can run really well. Defense has a tough task ahead but I’m excited to see how our guys respond. If Manny pulls this off, that would be one helluva signature win.
What receivers are that for Clemson. Ross and Higgins are gone. Names please. Too much credit

Last edited:
Ok throw out history.

Tell me coach, Clemson scores 49 on Citadel and 37 on Wake Forest, what film are you seeing that indicates this offense, this year can “EASILY” score SEVEN touchdowns against our defense.
It was 49-0 at halftime vs the Citadel. Lawerance only played 1 qtr

It was 27-0 at halftime vs Wake (ran something like 50+ plays in the half.

I don't think they score 7 TD's on us...but they have a lethal offense.

Advertisement
It was 49-0 at halftime vs the Citadel. Lawerance only played 1 qtr

It was 27-0 at halftime vs Wake (ran something like 50+ plays in the half.

I don't think they score 7 TD's on us...but they have a lethal offense.
Lawrence hasn't played 4 quarters yet. Let's hope he doesn't have the stamina to.

I follow Clemson probably more closely than anyone. I would be wary of their TE Braden Galloway. I do not like that matchup as we will focus on Etienne and the run game, and the playaction him he is athletic enough to hurt us down the field. He caught 2 passes for 60 yards vs. LSU, and that was the only game he was eligible last year IIRC.

He didn't get much action vs. Citadel obviously, but had 5 catches for 60 yards vs. WF.

I think the Lawrence ability to run, Etienne's insane ability to run and catch out of the backfield, and Galloway's ability to stretch the field in the playaction game is going to cause a real issue for our defense.

Honestly I feel Brooks needs to be on the field more to try to help with Etienne out of the backfield.

12 personel vs their lb and s is a an advantage to the o. Our lb’s and scheme concern me vs their o concerns me geatly. Imo 34-37 points has us in the game late.
For those ripping the d , we got what you should’ve expected from them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back