A look at the Clempson depth chart

Advertisement
Ha. Unless I'm at the actual game, I've grown accustomed to only watching with a very small crew - even a subset of the gameday crew. Perhaps it's because we've sucked in big games for so long, but it felt like each time we did a big watch party (which correlate to bigger games), we'd get smoked. Then you sit there miserable for hours. Only thing worse is traveling to watch the Canes lose.
Last three trips... VT in 2011, KSt 2012, LSU 2017. Thinkin bout dusting off my hurricanes carry on for a trip to Atlanta next year, see how this season and the off season play out.

Ha. Unless I'm at the actual game, I've grown accustomed to only watching with a very small crew - even a subset of the gameday crew. Perhaps it's because we've sucked in big games for so long, but it felt like each time we did a big watch party (which correlate to bigger games), we'd get smoked. Then you sit there miserable for hours. Only thing worse is traveling to watch the Canes lose.

I'm with you. I don't anymore but back in the day, I could watch canes games with only a few folks. I don't do well with big crowds watching game and half *** fans screaming "let's go shaquille quarterberg!!" Same with watching it at a bar.

Don’t be fooled by the amount of stars in their OL. Their success has never been about recruiting high profile OL. I don’t recall any of their OL drafted first two rounds recently. Point is they are well coached and play well together as a group. It will be a challenge for our DL to consistently pressure Lawrence.

What concerns me is that Clemson has been playing in high-profile games for a while now. They'll know how to prepare and will be emotionally and mentally ready for it. Us on the other hand, we have not played in these games (and when we have, we have not fared well in the last several years).

Clemson is good. They have arguably the best QB in the country. If they land a big punch or two early, do we fold and think we're not up for it or do we hang in there? I don't know. And that's the problem . . . we don't have any recent history of playing in these types of games.
It’s time to tap into the greats of the past and leverage their experience in these big games. We already have Ed Reed on our sidelines. I think a visit from Jimmy Johnson or the Playmaker would do a service to these young pups who’ve grown razor sharp fangs in 3 games.

Advertisement
Great job kUckles! Your point in a nutshell "is" no team is "unbeatable" and that means we have a chance if we execute the coach's game plan. We will be stressed equally on both sides of the ball, but we will have an advantage against their OL and our TEs will have an advantage against their defensive backfield. I think our TE's will help open up the rest of our offense as the game goes along and I have full confidence Rhett Lashlee will find points to attack and have these kids head totally into the game plan from the get-go.

Another motivating force is that we will be the underdog. So not being expected to win will help us to play with nothing to lose type effort. Stress will be purely on Clemson. That type of stress usually makes unforced errors. I will be glued to the TV this weekend to pick up whatever nuances I can from their game against UV.
With 9 or 10 playoff games in 5 yrs, ACC championships etc, u think we're "stressed" about playing Miami?? LOL.

I'm here to tell you, your boys are in for a rude awakening. That "swag" will turn to doubt in a heartbeat and the reminders of recent *** whippings will fill their heads.

What concerns me is that Clemson has been playing in high-profile games for a while now. They'll know how to prepare and will be emotionally and mentally ready for it. Us on the other hand, we have not played in these games (and when we have, we have not fared well in the last several years).

Clemson is good. They have arguably the best QB in the country. If they land a big punch or two early, do we fold and think we're not up for it or do we hang in there? I don't know. And that's the problem . . . we don't have any recent history of playing in these types of games.
We're playing the fav for the Championship, at their place. We should lose. If we win, we should be a favorite for the title.

Advertisement
With 9 or 10 playoff games in 5 yrs, ACC championships etc, u think we're "stressed" about playing Miami?? LOL.

I'm here to tell you, your boys are in for a rude awakening. That "swag" will turn to doubt in a heartbeat and the reminders of recent *** whippings will fill their heads.
If you weren't worried, you wouldn't bother coming here to post 2 weeks before the game.

Someone shook.

Stress is the wrong word. There's more pressure on Clemson to win is what he means. That pressure will amplify if the game is in question down the stretch.

This is why you are stupid.

You don't realize that the trolls "predicting" that Miami will win are not Miami fans.

Hbo Come At Me Bro GIF by Room104

Advertisement
Etienne/Lawrence matchup against our LBs is a bad one. Both of those dudes can outrun virtually our entire back 7. The striker position is gonna be HUGE as it's the lone speed person we have in our front 7 alignment. We can't afford to lose gap integrity/take bad lanes on run plays b/c Etienne can house it on any play.

You make Lawrence make the throws - just like LSU did. I thought their OL was their weak spot when we lined up against them in the ACCCG some years back and boy was I wrong. I'm not underestimating their OL b/c their playcalling helps mitigate it.
The question is will we be able to move a safety up and still maintain coverage. If so that’ll help a lot. I’d like to send a lot of Run blitz and have Bolden slide up a little

Wouldn't surprise me if Clemson didn't struggle a little, at least in the first half, against UVA. After the beatdown we gave the Holes and all the publicity we've been getting how could they not be looking ahead to us. Guarantee you they're already doing Lashlee spread drills.

Back in 92 we went to the Sugar Bowl against Alabama certain that we would win. We had a QB who had just won the Heisman. We had Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones, Stephen McGuire, Lamar Thomas, Horace Copeland, Kevin Williams, the Bermuda Triangle, and a roster full of NFL talent.

Alabama did not have more talent than us. They did have a game plan to handle us on both sides of the ball and it worked. On that 92 Alabama roster was a wide receiver with a whopping 4 catches for 48 yards for the year. His name was Dabo Swinney. Payback's a bytch.
That Alabama team had the #5 & #6 picks of the 93 draft on the defensive line against a very mediocre Miami o-line starting a converted TE at LT in Carlos Etheredge.

It wasn’t game plan. They dominated in the trenches.

Advertisement
That Alabama team had the #5 & #6 picks of the 93 draft on the defensive line against a very mediocre Miami o-line starting a converted TE at LT in Carlos Etheredge.

It wasn’t game plan. They dominated in the trenches.
When asked if he was going to do any special planning for the bowl game, Dennis Erickson said, "We're gonna use what got us here." And there was plenty of film in that. Alabama stacked the box all night. That's what I mean by a game plan.

12 personel vs their lb and s is a an advantage to the o. Our lb’s and scheme concern me vs their o concerns me geatly. Imo 34-37 points has us in the game late.
I think so too. That offense is our D's kryptonite. Athletic QB with an electric RB...yeesh. In order for us to be successful, EVERYONE must be on the same page.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw variations of this to test the middle and outsides early

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back